Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are We Safe?

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Are We Safe?

So the year is coming to end and there have not been any rumblings of a new forced promotion for 2011. Do you think are we safe from tacky decorations and fake celebrations? There are a couple "Magical Milestones" in 2011, with Magic Kingdom/WDW turing 40 and DCA turning 10 so they could try to do something but hopefully they will keep the celebrations local.

• ohai

Re: Are We Safe?

Disneyland is always safe, if that's what you are saying/asking...they have secret people out there, watching over everyone...Just like Walt

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    Disneyland is always safe, if that's what you are saying/asking...they have secret people out there, watching over everyone...Just like Walt
    lol that's not what the OP meant. He/She is talking about the promotional programs like Year of a Million Dreams, "Celebrate," (like in your avatar) etc.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    Not what they are asking. If you read the post, they are asking if we're getting anymore corny promo's.
    I also don't see any 10th anniversary (as discussed in another thread) for DCA.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• hi!

i dont know... other than the 55th, there hasnt been much of a milestone to celebrate in the last couple years..

yet... CELEBRATE TODAY!!!! has been plastered all over a place for a while.

someone's going to find something to have a fake celebration for
    -plagued

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    i dont know... other than the 55th, there hasnt been much of a milestone to celebrate in the last couple years..

yet... CELEBRATE TODAY!!!! has been plastered all over a place for a while.

someone's going to find something to have a fake celebration for
    One celebration we know we won't see: "What will you celebrate? Our new lower ticket prices"
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

It's anyone's guess what type of promotion they'll manage to come up with, but there's bound to be something or other. I'm looking forward to Soundsational, as well as Star Tours 2. And of course they're going to be promoting Tron to all ends later this year, maybe into next year. I don't expect much for DCA's 10th. They'll probably downplay it, save for perhaps the usual tram announcements and maybe a commemorative pin. But of course, Little Mermaid will be open, as will the refurbished corner of Paradise Pier. So there will still be things to celebrate, but I don't think Dinosaur Jack and Superstar Limo are going to be among the honorable mentions.

• "I Break Things"

sadly... with over a million AP's and ever increasing locals... about the only way they can get people back in the door is with another promotional. Think of it like a car lot... ever weekend is a "Special never before seen discounted sale for this weekend only because X comes before Y"... The park used to sell itself when the company cared enough to take care of it, nurture it, and expand upon it. These days its a glorified springboard for the latest boxoffice smash hit toy seller.

So no. This is a lull between storms so to speak. There will always be a promotional on the horizon so long as there is need for hype instead of a quality product.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

You guys are forgetting Duffy, but that will be mostly focused on DCA, so does that count?

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    You guys are forgetting Duffy, but that will be mostly focused on DCA, so does that count?
    Can see it now, "What will you celebrate: duffy's coming to town?" (you'll see him on the float instead of Santa)
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Can see it now, "What will you celebrate: duffy's coming to town?" (you'll see him on the float instead of Santa)
    Maybe they will change the teddy bear on the opening float to Duffy.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    Heaven forbid, but you never know with Disney.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    OMG! And you just know that for how incredibly cheesy and shameless that would be, Disney would be completely justified based on through the Roof Duffy sales.

• Shablagoo!

• Minion

YouTube - IS IT SAFE? - MARATHON MAN - DUSTIN HOFFMAN

Another "celebration" or this scene from Marathon man, I don't know which is worse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast