Give A Day Get A Day

Help! I have a friend who is taking her grandchildren to DLR next month. She has some give a day get a day tickets...but wants to know if they can be exchanged for 2 day park hoppers. She has tried to go online but was told that it can only be done at the park. Will this end up being more expensive? or should she just buy the 2 day park hopper online. Can the tickets be exchanged for gift cards....like the Birthday vouchers? I know this is an old topic. But I sure could use your help.
    Deedlebug

Re: Give A Day Get A Day

I`m in the same boat. You can only exchange them at the park for the day you are to enter. You can use the value of them ( a one day , one park ) to upgrade to any other park admission, so you will be saving $78 or what ever it is now. If you already have admission tickets or an annual pass, you can use one each day to get fastpasses for your group, or a free special mouse ears hat. You can not do anything online with them. You MUST have a birth certificate for each Grandchild at the time you exchange them.

Im not positive but I think the give a day tickets are for 1 day 1 park tickets. So if she plans on going for 2 days she would just need to buy a 1 day ticket on top of her give a day ticket.
    As far as exchanging, I think only annual passholders where able to get a gift card out of it.
    Like I said Im not positive on this tho but I hope I helped.
    Hopefully someone else one the board could shed a little more light

What everyone has said is mostly correct. As long as everyone has their government issued id or birth certificate (a copy will do), the GAD voucher is exchanged for a 1 day 1 park ticket. You then have the option of upgrading that to a parkhopper, paying just $25 per ticket, or to a 2, 3, 4 day, etc. You pay the difference between $76 and whatever you want to upgrade to.

The fastpasses or special ear figurine hat are only for people who already have multi day tickets or annual passes. That's the only thing the vouchers can be exchanged for if you have either of those already.

As for going a second day, it depends on how they want to do it. The GAD ticket can be upgraded at the time it is redeemed to a 2 day ticket, paying the difference between $76 and $161, I believe it is, which is automatically a parkhopper. Or, keep the 1 day 1 park GAD ticket, use it at either Disneyland or DCA, then buy another 1 day 1 park ticket for the park that they didn't visit the day before.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

• Nerd

either way, GADs must be redeemed at the ticket booths.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Deedlebug View Post
    Help! I have a friend who is taking her grandchildren to DLR next month. She has some give a day get a day tickets...but wants to know if they can be exchanged for 2 day park hoppers. She has tried to go online but was told that it can only be done at the park. Will this end up being more expensive? or should she just buy the 2 day park hopper online. Can the tickets be exchanged for gift cards....like the Birthday vouchers? I know this is an old topic. But I sure could use your help.
    Give a Day get a day is 1 park, 1 day.
    You'll be paying to upgrade to a one day park hopper,
    plus adding on the second park hopper day.

I think (for a friend) we paid over $90.00.
    (remember.... it cost more at the gate, than online..so your charged "at gate" prices)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Deedlebug View Post
    Give a Day get a day is 1 park, 1 day.
    You'll be paying to upgrade to a one day park hopper,
    plus adding on the second park hopper day.

I think (for a friend) we paid about $86.00. It was $131.00 (Give a day upgrade for 2 days and AP blockout day--This was back in June 11, 2010)
    (remember.... it cost more at the gate, than online..so your charged at gate prices)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz