Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Talking What do you think DCA would be like today if it were done right the first time?

It took almost ten years for them to realize that making DCA in the cheapest way possible was a huge and costly mistake. Now that they have realized their mistakes and are fixing and improving DCA it makes me wonder what the park would be like had they built it right the first time. So lets use our imagination and picture a vastly improved DCA that opened nearly a decade ago. Imagine if World of Color was there from the beginning. What do you suppose the park would look like today had DCA been a success from day one? Would we be looking at the prospect of a third park by now? Would it be worth an entire days admission? Lets see what my fellow DLR fans think.

I realize that certain upcoming attractions are based on pixar films that had not been released at the time (Cars for example) but lets just say for pretends sake that Cars was already out by 01 so a "Radiator Springs" area was completely feasible. So besides that little snag, lets hear your thoughts.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: What do you think DCA would be like today if it were done right the first time?

Well, for starters it would have been called Westcot.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: What do you think DCA would be like today if it were done right the first time?

• Banned User

As awesome as WestCOT would have been, I can see why it never came to be... $3 billion price tag, havig to buy out a lot of property and relocate thousands of people who live in the area, and could imagine the noise and light complaints. Just not feasable at that location.

Westcot!
    Matthew

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

well, i dont think we would have a bugs land, paradise pier or cars land.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    It took almost ten years for them to realize that making DCA in the cheapest way possible was a huge and costly mistake. Now that they have realized their mistakes and are fixing and improving DCA it makes me wonder what the park would be like had they built it right the first time. So lets use our imagination and picture a vastly improved DCA that opened nearly a decade ago. Imagine if World of Color was there from the beginning. What do you suppose the park would look like today had DCA been a success from day one? Would we be looking at the prospect of a third park by now? Would it be worth an entire days admission? Lets see what my fellow DLR fans think.

I realize that certain upcoming attractions are based on pixar films that had not been released at the time (Cars for example) but lets just say for pretends sake that Cars was already out by 01 so a "Radiator Springs" area was completely feasible. So besides that little snag, lets hear your thoughts.
    Hmmm. We must be careful not to disrupt the fabric of the space time continuum. (Or something like that.)
    I'm sure the park would be a lot greener. And I don't mean in a PC kind of recycling way. I mean with lots of grown in trees and plants. And not having todays DCA problems to deal with, perhaps WDI would've created a way to have a people mover system traveling between the two parks for those with park hopper passports. I would still question though whether the place would be worth a $70+ one day/one park admission price if there were still less attractions in the park than Disneyland.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

Well, certainly not a California theme park in California…

"I DIG A.D.D."

• Disney Fan & Musician

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    As awesome as WestCOT would have been, I can see why it never came to be... $3 billion price tag, havig to buy out a lot of property and relocate thousands of people who live in the area, and could imagine the noise and light complaints. Just not feasable at that location.
    Although it's owned by a different company, TDS was $3billion and it got built in the same year. :/
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Bingo.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    ...$3 billion price tag, havig to buy out a lot of property and relocate thousands of people who live in the area, and could imagine the noise and light complaints. Just not feasable at that location.
    Exactly what Michael said at the first budget meeting to discuss DCA.

It was all downhill from there.

- Neil Gabler

• Nutty about Disney parks

I think for the most part DCA would remain the same as it was when it opened. It would still get cruded on for general criticisms but I think Disney would be too satisfied with park attendance and profit to care. Perhaps there would be a few more attractions in some areas but that has yet to be determined.

And I for one believe there should only be ONE EPCOT! And hopefully it will stay that way. Epcot is too unique and special a park to duplicate elsewhere.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Although it's owned by a different company, TDS was $3billion and it got built in the same year. :/
    In a weird way, the company in Tokyo represented the real heart and heritage of Disney -- it was in effect the "real" Disney Company -- while the boys in Burbank were the "different company."

- Neil Gabler

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Senior Minion

^

- Neil Gabler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast