• Missing Disneyland

Question about sizes...

Hi guys! My family is going to DR in October, just a few weeks left!! I'm very excited, as is everyone else! My question has to do with rides. I am much heavier than I was the last time I was there. Several sizes bigger to be exact. Is there anyone who is a "larger" person who can tell me if any of the rides will not accommodate someone such as myself. The idea of trying to get on a ride and not being able to fit into the seat or restraints mortifies me. I'd rather just skip rides than have that happen. I'd much rather know ahead of time if at all possible. That way my Disney experience does not become depressing. Oh, and for reference I am a woman's size 22 pants and 2X shirt. Sorry if that's TMI. If anyone can give me a pointer or two about this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
    Trish

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: Question about sizes...

Gadget's Go Coaster is the only one I can think of.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

You're going to be fine......like MJ said above, you may want to avoid Gadgets Go Coaster. Also, Tuck and Roll Bumper Cars might be something to skip.

Otherwise, just relax, Disneyland is very plus size friendly.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

There are folks in my family MUCH bigger than that who are just fine. One relative (a woman pushing 400 pounds or so) found Soarin' a bit uncomfortable but she still fit. There was nothing that she wanted to go on but couldn't.

• MargyDisneylandLover

i am very large and i got into everything i tried the only thing i had any trouble on was getting out of splash but that was combined with my size and the log being so soaking wet i couldnt get a good footing down you should be just fine
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

I agree with everyone else's post. I was a size 24 at one point and never once worried about any rides. I would avoid the Silly Symphony Swings as a precaution as well in DCA. Nothing at Disneyland will cause a problem. Even Dumbo was comfy if you are a single rider.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• show'em yer larboard side

You'll be fine. A few years ago I was a size 24 and I've always been pretty top heavy (trying to put that delicately...). The only issue I had was the over-the-head restraints on Screamin'. I felt like I needed to push it down farther, but it wouldn't budge. I fit in the seat just fine, but I didn't feel as strapped in as I could have. I still have that issue, even now that I'm lighter. Other than that, I've never had a problem fitting on any of the rides. Don't worry, relax, and enjoy your vacation!

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."

• knower of useless info

i am a big, big girl and i have almost no issues anywhere in disneyland. and my girlfriend who is just about your size hasn't had a single issue at all. allears.net has some great information about walt disney world and a sizable gallery of attraction sitting at disneyland proper that can really help you gauge whether you'll be comfortable attempting to load into/on a ride.

my biggest issue tends to be turnstiles because i am very bottom-heavy. i cannot exit the haunted mansion turnstiles, so i usually ask the loading cast member if i can come back through the entrance and either ride up the elevator or take a chicken exit (there is one right next to the moving walkway and another further back in the portrait gallery).

ask cast members questions if you're worried and don't ever feel embarrassed! disney is wonderfully accommodating and helpful.

if you need any specific information, please feel free to message me! i have a write up of basically every ride in the resort over the last almost-two years, so there's a good chance i can help you out!

have fun! LOTS OF IT!
    Last edited by craaash; 09-22-2010 at 06:57 PM.

• Missing Disneyland

Thanks you guys! I'm so glad to hear everything you've said and I appreciate it so much! I'm so excited to go, it's been 13 years (almost to the day we go) since I've been! Thanks again for all your input and help! Everyone here is so awesome!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I hope you have a great time at the parks!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Blew By You

Have a great fun time. If though you are like me, intense motion sickness, then that's something to take precautions.

• Minion

I am size 24 i have no problems with any rides but i do agree i wish screamin would go down one more click