Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need some hotel advice

We're in the planning stages of an early June family gathering at Disneyland. We've pretty much eliminated staying at any of the official Disneyland hotels, since our budget is around $100 to $125 a night. Can any of you help by pointing us in the direction of several nice hotels near the resort? The group will be mostly adults, one teenager, and one kid age eight, if that matters.

Thank you very much!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

well, I can recommend hotels, but I'm not sure of the prices. If you are insistent in staying off property, check out the Anabella, the Hilton & Tower, and the Howard Johnson. Those seem to be the most popular in the area and I've heard good things about all of them. What are your requirements besides price (i.e. shuttle service, continental breakfast, etc)?
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    well, I can recommend hotels, but I'm not sure of the prices. If you are insistent in staying off property, check out the Anabella, the Hilton & Tower, and the Howard Johnson. Those seem to be the most popular in the area and I've heard good things about all of them. What are your requirements besides price (i.e. shuttle service, continental breakfast, etc)?
    You also want to book in advance to get that price at the Hilton or even the Marriot across the street at the convention center... Last year I fond rooms there starting at $99 with a discount... (Not that I said there, I have family 15 minutes away... but occasionally I don't want to see them, because, well, they are FAMILY )

I expect that room bookings may have gone up because they are expecting a boost in tourism this year... The rumor was a lot of people started booking their trips for this year last fall...
    Check out my other blog:

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Check out this thread

There's a pretty good amount of information there!! Let us know what you decide.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• The Magics in the details

humm... well, if you have any close family/friends that are CMs, they can get you a voucher for a "Friends and Family Rate" at PPH, which I believe brings it close if not a little under your budget. You might want to look into that.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Still wants to be a cat!

PM me, own a travel agency, can do wonders when it comes to hotel packages in the are for the 50th.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I can highly recommend the Embassy Suites on Harbor Blvd about 1/2 mile from Disneyland. The AAA rate should be in your budget and you get a full breakfast too! They have a shuttle to the park also. Have fun!

• The Magics in the details

Penny Sleeper ain't bad. i've done the 3 hour turn around before and just crashed there. All I remember about was a parking space, a door, and a bed.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Minion

The Penny Sleeper is alright if you fall asleep instantly, but last time I stayed there and my friend and I spent a lot of time being grossed out by the.. interesting stains on the floor..

• Doing it with a flair

I always use Priceline for hotels when I go. I've stayed at the Hilton for $60 a night. Side note-The Marriot has the most comfortable mattress I've slept on in my life.
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by Emelius_Browne
    I always use Priceline for hotels when I go. I've stayed at the Hilton for $60 a night. Side note-The Marriot has the most comfortable mattress I've slept on in my life.
    I keep wanting to try Priceline for Disneyland but just to scared. I've used it before when location is not as important. One of these days I may try it for a quick weekend trip or something.

• Banned User

anaheimdesertinn.com

Best and cheapest on the strip.

Right across the street from DL. About a 2 min walk. Closer than the DLH.

• Doing it with a flair

Priceline made me a bit nervous when I first started using it. Now I feel pretty comfortable getting the best deal possible. There is a definite system to it and it takes some practice. A good way to do it is to use two credit cards so in case you mess up you can try again. Someday I'd like to forget about priceline and stay in one of the DL hotels but I better save up for that.
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    anaheimdesertinn.com

Best and cheapest on the strip.

Right across the street from DL. About a 2 min walk. Closer than the DLH.
    One word,ewww we stayed there in Nov. and it has gone down hill sooooo bad. I wouldn't stay there again.

Also, I find that Tropicana is usually cheaper also.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with the bad reviews of Castle. We had a very unpleasant stay there. We really like BW Park Place Inn and Hojo's .

Since we've started taking the kids in 1996
    we've done(out of the harbor places)
    Hojo's--
    Fairfield--
    Carousal--
    Tropicana (two times)--
    BW Park Place (two times)--
    Desert (two times)--
    Castle --
    We're doing Park Inn in July

not on Harbor, we've done
    Best Inn (too far away)--