what rides are you allowed/not allowed to take pics in?

I just saw a great pic from inside IASW, and it made me realize as a WDW vet, but a DL newbie, I better get everyone's advice as far as where you can and cannot take pics in or any other picture taking tips. (yes, I am one of those types who can see taking 500+pics on my first trip to two new parks)

thanks for the help!

• e komo mai

Re: what rides are you allowed/not allowed to take pics in?

I know in the Haunted Mansion it's 'no flash pictures' but ones without the flash are okay.

• =)

Good question...I'd like to know as well. Until I have a definitive answer, I would assume that photos without flash are allowed throughout the park.

• Best Buds

I was just there a few days ago (yea!!!!!!) and I recall no photo/video mentioned before the 50th Celebration "movie" shown in the Main Street Opera House, as well as on the Tower of Terror. The person who did the live intro to the 50th Celeberation movie said that it was due to copyrighted material, which struck me as odd. After all, there must be copyrights involved with virtually all of the Disney attractions. But, that's what she said.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Circle of Ancients

Basically any attraction that has a "Movie" in it is off limits for pictures or video. The only other "Non-movie" attractions I think that are no-no's are Tower of Terror and Maliboomer.

Everything else you can at least use "Non-flash" pictures. As for IASW ... I think techinically you can use a flash, but it's quite rude to do so IMO.

Usually anything with film or moving. For instance at tower we ask that you dont film, because two things can happen:

1) you ruin the show with the stupid light and ruin the magic for everyone
    2) You drop the cam during profile and cause a ride stop.

Best thing to is keep the cam in the bag, you will make everyone happy. CM and guest included

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    As for IASW ... I think techinically you can use a flash, but it's quite rude to do so IMO.
    MalibuMinion agrees I'm sure:

NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY! YOU'RE RUINING THE MAGIC!!!

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• A Pirate's life for me!

No flash works for me...But unfortunately, there are those that insist on using their flash and taking pics of everything on the ride. Most bothersome is on Pirates and HM. At least I have heard on HM (a few times) over the loud speaker, that flash photography wasn't allowed when I guess a CM see's the flash on their surveillance cameras. But what's worse, the flash or a CM shouting at somebody multiple times during the ride???

RUDE people. I don't have the time for them...

• A Pirate's life for me!

Oh yeah...

My cousin came home with a "bootlegged" copy of the Opera House movie with Steve Martin in it. They videotaped it when they were there last July. I was surpried at how good the quality was of it. Of course, we didn't approve of it.

We figured that they (Disney) would be selling a DVD of it on Main St by now??? Any hopes of that?

• Koubu Pilot

The light created by a cam corder and it's display screen are bothersome. Last year, we were on Pirates and, over the loud speaker, they told the person to turn the camera off. The person didn't. Our boat was in the grotto. So when we passed the treasure and went through the cave, a CM asked him personally to turn it off. You hear "no flashphotography" a lot on the ride's loudspeakers. It was like that in HMH last month. Someone kept taking flash pictures on the ride and they asked him not to over the loudspeakers. The flash ruins the lighting and mood in the attraction.

I just have to say that I've only taken a picture once inside a ride, and that was Haunted Mansion, and it was in order to create my avatar.

If it makes it any better, I did it while everyone was still walking into the stretching room. I still feel pretty bad, so this is my official public apology. Sorry...

Though I'm not in attractions, common sense tells me...

No pictures/filming during films due to copyright material and bugging other guests.

No flash pictures durnig any dark ride. I believe Disney is much more concerned about maintaing the show for every guest, and the flashes are annoying.

Other than that, as long as your unobstrusive- heck, Kilimanjaro Safari's in DAK is practically designed for picture taking and it is encouraged!
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• no flash photography...

no flash in any dark/inside ride. I know many rides announce this ..POTC...but everyone ignores it and it's annoying, rude and sparks an instant headache for me when bright flashed are going off in dark rides. I admit I have over sensitive eyes due to eye surgery in both eyes, but ti's still painful.