Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Herr Ducktor!

Red Face Which attraction...no longer attracts?

This is NOT is a hater thread. I'm not interested in hearing about which attraction you loathe and want gone. Quite the contrary. I'd like to know which attractions you respect as part of the overall DLR magic--but, for some reason or another, you just haven't felt the need to personally experience for quite some time now. The "been there, done that" response has kicked in, even if other attractions never seem to get stale.

For example: my personal, benign indifference to Snow White's Scary Adventures. It's there, it's a classic, etc. I enjoy seeing the Evil Queen glaring from the window as I pass by, but that's just it: I pass by. In contrast, there's absolutely nothing in Peter Pan I haven't seen a million times. But that's still an experience I enjoy re-experiencing.

I'm starting this dialogue not to be negative, but because I'm reminded of the story about Walt and the Jungle Cruise--i.e., that he devoted time and creativity to "plussing" it, because he overheard some guests saying "Nah, I've already seen it." We spend a lot of time in this forum thinking big: imagining new attractions, or even new lands or new gates. I thought it would be interesting to also think--like Walt did--in terms of refreshes, improvements and enhancements.

Be honest, but positive, and have fun!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Which attraction...no longer attracts?

Indiana Jones, the ride itself. I'm over it. I like the queue and the atmosphere (especially at night) of coming out into the Jungle, with all the sounds and ambiance from the exit. But the ride bores me for a variety of reasons. It's fancy, expensive, and popular...Disneyland has every reason to keep it. But I'll skip it unless I want a photo from inside, and even then I still might not actually ride the thing.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Attractions that don't attract me:

#1 - Innoventions
    #2 - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    #3 - non-Meet & Greet ToonTown houses

I'm not saying bulldoze these attractions; I just don't make them priorities when I visit. Innoventions I generally avoid because I find it pretty boring. I usually pass by Winnie the Pooh because I enjoy WDW's much more so this one just seems to pale in comparison. ToonTown houses: I see a lot of potential for development in this land but, Chip & Dale's treehouse and Donald Duck's boat: I've seen them once and now there's not much more for me to do there. They are great for theming, I just think the time has come for things to be much more interactive.

Almost everything in Tomorrowland. If it wasn't for Space Mountain, I'd avoid it altogether.

• Minion

hmm
    #1 Innoventions
    #2 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    #3 idk

• Minion

I think mine would be Innoventions (at least it tries to be about technology, where as autopia has nothing to do with the future) in Tomorrowland, Everything in ToonTown with the exception of Mickey's House (mainly cause of the different outfits for him) and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (I miss the Jolly Trolley), Casey Jr and PFF in fantasyland (while I love Casey Jr, I can never find anyone to ride with me and I always feel cramped, and I would rather the Princesses be out roaming especially cause you can't tell right away which princesses you'll get to see), the shootin' gallery in frontierland (it makes sense but I just never was interested), nothing in New Orleans, Pooh in Critter Country (it's a fun little ride but between what it replaced and the consistently short lines it's just something I think everyone skips), and in MAin Street, the cinema (if they had the shorts on a rotating basis, like every day there are different shorts playing I might feel different)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by readandburn View Post
    Almost everything in Tomorrowland. If it wasn't for Space Mountain, I'd avoid it altogether.
    Same here.

Also Pooh......they'll need to do something with it eventually whether it be a total makeover or removal for something else.

• Herr Ducktor!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    ...and the consistently short lines it's just something I think everyone skips), and in MAin Street, the cinema (if they had the shorts on a rotating basis, like every day there are different shorts playing I might feel different)
    See, now there's a perfect example of a good "plussing" opportunity. With today's digital projection capability, why not have a different short daily cycled in among the multiple screens? Doesn't change the concept, just refreshes it.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I would like to see Innoventions become a ride again. Bring back Carousel of Progress for a "return engagement" like they did Captain EO.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Disneyland History Lover

Everything in Tomorrowland except Space Mountain and Captain EO, a sizeable portion of Frontierland aside from BTMRR and perhaps the Mark Twain and Columbia, all of Toon Town, Winnie the Pooh, and Storybookland Canals.

• Down Pluto!

Innoventions.

Pooh is a close second, although I will ride it.

Innoventions, not so. It's like a trip to Best Buy, or a Microsoft trade booth. Yuck. ASIMO was the only thing that made that dog hunt - and now ASIMO is old news. Really old news. The only thing Innoventions has going for it is air conditioning on a hot day...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Done with MC.

Toon Town ~ I guess I'm just a bit too old for it but I'm glad it's there because it soaks up a lot of the crowds with small children.

I think toontown could use a couple more rides, both rides are always super crowded. Even if the rides are bugs land type rides.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by btrinfo View Post
    I think toontown could use a couple more rides, both rides are always super crowded. Even if the rides are bugs land type rides.
    you know its funny cause while I was there, I got on RRCTS in the amount of time it took me to walk through the que
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    you know its funny cause while I was there, I got on RRCTS in the amount of time it took me to walk through the que
    For me at least, it seems that Roger Rabbit is one of the rides that benefits me most when I get a FastPass for it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast