View Poll Results: Which Yesterland Attractions Would You Like To See Return?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adventure thru Innerspace

36 31.03%
  • America Sings

17 14.66%
  • Carousel of Progress

25 21.55%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

40 34.48%
  • Golden Horseshoe Jamboree show

15 12.93%
  • Mine Train Through Natures Wonderland

34 29.31%
  • Mission to Mars

12 10.34%
  • Peoplemover

68 58.62%
  • Rocket Jets - in their original location

38 32.76%
  • Skyway

34 29.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Which attraction from yesterland would you like to see return?

Over a year ago, a similar topic was started, but since that time, several things have changed, Including:

* One of the yesterland attractions has returned, "Captain EO",
    * Another one that was on the verge of becoming a yesterland resident, came back looking better than before, "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
    * One previous exhibit, returned in a slightly different form in a different area "The Disney Gallery".
    * We also have the Flying Saucers returning in a different form, Luigi's flying? tires.
    * And something that has been absent from Disneyland for most of the past two years, will be returning, a Disneyland Parade!
    * Even Star Tours is finally getting an upgrade, and Rivers of America even had a small refurbishment,
    * And although the keel boats are still not running, one is refurbished on on display on the shore of what is now Mike Fink's Cabin.

SO, with all the changes that have happened since that last poll began, it's time for a new poll.
    And this time YOU can VOTE for AS MANY of the ITEMS that you would really like to see return!

Of course the poll is limited to 10 items, and I've listed 10 attractions alphabetically. So choose which you would like to see return.

Adventure thru Innerspace
    America Sings
    Carousel of Progress
    Country Bear Jamboree
    Golden Horseshoe Jamboree show
    Mine Train Through Natures Wonderland
    Mission to Mars
    Peoplemover
    Rocket Jets - in their original location
    Skyway

THEN also take note of some additional restaurants, shows, and attractions, listed below, that are still in Yesterland, and tell use which you would like to see Return:

Aladdin's Oasis Restaurant
    Pack Mules
    Mike Fink Keel Boats
    Motorboat Cruise
    Skull Rock/Pirate Ship Restaurant
    Tahitian Terrace
    Last edited by Aladdin; 09-28-2010 at 01:20 PM.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: Which attraction from yesterland would you like to see return?

Adventure Thru Inner Space hands down. They could do so much to modernize this theme.

• Wanna be Sub Mermaid

I would love to see the Skyway return. Give my little feet a break ya know? And talk about the view!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I just want to emphasize:

YOU can VOTE for AS MANY of the ITEMS that you would really like to see return!

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Oh, I just saw your 'you can vote for as many as you want...' I voted for Mine Train, but would like to see all of those you listed, plus the Keel Boats (Gosh! Really, Nancy??)

Nice list, though. They would all be welcome back!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Thanks for letting us vote for as many choices as we like . In a past poll, where you could only vote for one, I was torn over which attraction to pick and felt like I was letting down the ones I couldn't vote for. I wish America Sings, Country Bear Jamboree, Peoplemover, and the Skyway would return.

Out of the additional attractions listed, I would love to see the Motorboat Cruise come back.

To each his own and no offense to anyone on here but I could live without the Skyway.It was fun when I was a kid but if I had to choose 5 from this list it would be Adventures Thru Innerspace,Mine Train,People Mover,Carousel Of Progress,and Country Bears.Of course Mission to Mars as a Wild Card pick.All updated of course.

• hi!

Skyway for me. sentiment aside, i feel it was a better attraction than the Peoplemover. while iconic, and adding life and movement to a now dead tomorrowland, i always felt that the Peoplemover was boring. a flying-birds eye view of the park, to me, is much better than a tall-mans perspective tour of tomorrowland.
    -plagued

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Here are my thoughts on some of these choices:

Adventure thru Innerspace - seen it done it, enjoyed it when it was there, back in the 70's. The effects today would be even more cheesy than what we had with Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and I liked HISTA. I wouldn't want to see this return, however, there is certainly a facsination with being shrunk down in size, so perhaps a different attraction to replace ATIS and HISTA. Remember the old show Land of the Giants, something Sci Fi like that would be fun. I vote NO.

America Sings Carousel of Progress - I loved this show and the rotating theaters, and you had a chance to enjoy the AA's more than you do in Splash Mountain. Marc Davis was a genius. The Last couple of scenes would need to be updated, but I would love to see a new incarnation. I vote YES.

Carousel of Progress - I'm ok that there is just one CoP, even though it's in WDW, BUT they need to treat it with better care, AND UPDATE THE LAST COUPLE OF SCENES! I vote Let WDW keep it Open.

Country Bear Jamboree - This is one of the biggest losses in DL history. And it really had so much more potential, ripping it out was one of theWORST decistions by DL (mis) Manangement, and it deserves to be upgraded/enhanced and returned to Critter Country. (Pooh can have his own place in a 3rd park in Anaheim) I Vote YES!

Golden Horseshoe Jamboree show - Frontierland has lost too much of being the Old West and the American Frontier, an old style Saloon Show Spectacle Needs to return, in order to make Frontierland feel like the old west! I Vote YES!

Mine Train Through Natures Wonderland - enough of the Mine Train stayed and/or was enhanced with the building of Big Thunder. No need to bring this old attraction back, we have something better. I vote NO

Mission to Mars - we did lose some AA's when we lost this attraction, but really, with today's standards, just like Innerspace, It would be too cheesy with today's standards. Star Tours is the updated space voyage. I Vote No

Peoplemover - It adds to the motion and kinetics of Tomorrowland, and gives great overall tour of several TL attractions. It also adds to the variety of attractions. I Vote YES

Rocket Jets - in their original location. Get Rid of the Astro Orbitor, open up the entrance of TL to make it feel more welcoming. Then give a great looking attraction that will draw guests INTO TL, rather than clog it up. I Vote YES

Skyway - It added another dimension to Tomorrowland and added so much to all the movement in TL, it was one piece of TL that no other attraction could replicate, and gave us a fun quick view of Harold. I Vote YES!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Tahitian Terrace so I can take my friend Sleepyjeff to dinner.

• =)

If we're talking just a straightforward return, with no modifications whatsoever...none of the above. However, if I just had a chance to ride one exactly as it originally existed, I would definitely pick the Mine Train. That seems like a very fun, laid-back outdoor dark ride, for lack of a better term, in the true WED tradition. I can understand it being replaced - and I certainly love Big Thunder - but it'd be nice to get to ride it.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Tahitian Terrace so I can take my friend Sleepyjeff to dinner.

Your on
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I voted for 7.

Adventure Thru Inner Space, with all the new effects today who knows how amazing this ride would be!

Carousel of Progress, Innoventions should just stay in WDW. Give this show a 5th scene and it would be perfect for Tomorrowland.

Country Bear Jamboree, It could be on the bottom floor of the Hungry Bear Restauraunt, Pooh and the Bears could both be in Critter Country!
    Mine Train Through Natures Wonderland, what about the little kids who can't ride Big Thunder? It would also give another attraction to Frontierland.

Peoplemover, Rebuild the track, widen the walls, and use the same vehicles and track technology as WDW and I bet it would pass OSHA's stupid regulations. But also put stairs around the track and disquise them.

Rocket Jets - in their original location, ASTRO ORBITER MUST JOIN THE MALIBOOMER!

Skyway, Imaginneers could find money saving ways so the attraction could last longer and no rides would have to close.
    Last edited by CaptainEO,ATIS; 09-28-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Future Cast Member :)

Mine Train, Mission, PM, Skyway, Rockets, and Inner Space.

I voted for Country Bear Jamboree - loved that show - and Adventure Thru Inner Space (if it was updated). I have great memories of that ride.

I should have voted also for the SkyWay - I always liked how, as a kid, it ramped up my anticipation by giving me an overview of all the attractions at the park. Alas, I forgot to click it, and can't go back and change my votes! I do recall liking America Sings - perhaps that one also should be added to my list.

I liked the PeopleMover, but didn't love it. Surprised at how many folks list it, however!

"I DIG A.D.D."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast