Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Cleared for the option

Re: Why do the Rescue Rangers still have an attration at Disneyland?

Ok, I was just at Disneyland a couple of months ago and I don't recall this ride. Which one is it? Anyone have a picture?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Gadgets Go Coaster (I think thats what your refering to) is the child's rollercoaster at the far end of Toontown near Mickey and Minnie's houses and Chip n' Dale's Treehouse.

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoobones View Post
    Ok, I was just at Disneyland a couple of months ago and I don't recall this ride. Which one is it? Anyone have a picture?

source: Disneyland -- Gadget's Go Coaster (Disney Lies)
    -plagued

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Isn't it amazing how they got three trains running on the coaster with the same people on all of them?!

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Isn't it amazing how they got three trains running on the coaster with the same people on all of them?!
    i didn't notice until you pointed it out! side note: check out that awesome compact camcorder the woman has on a roller coaster..
    -plagued

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Um kids are still watching Rescue Rangers as they are releasing the series in DVD boxsets plus like someone mentioned above thers a new rescue ranger comic series starting soon. On top of that, when did Disneyland become a park only for what kids in 2010 know about?? Guess we should bulldoze Splash Mountain, Mr.Toad, Roger Rabbit, ElecTRONica, and a ton of other attractions since kids dont know about them.

As far as im concerned Disneyland should cater to kids who grew up at Disneyland in the 80s and 90s exclusively. They have been doing a pretty good job of it so far with a new Star Tours and bringing back the Subs and Captain Eo
    Alright I admit it, I have never seen Rescue Rangers or Tron! But I have seen Song of the South, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Icabod and Mr. Toad. I know this family who has 4 kids that got a bootleg version of Song of the South from eBay and they used to let me borrow it. I have watched Roger Rabbit on Youtube and rented Mr. Toad. But I still have never seen Rescue Rangers. That is probably the reason I want that ride themed to just Chip 'n' Dale since I have seen them in old Disney cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    i didn't notice until you pointed it out! side note: check out that awesome compact camcorder the woman has on a roller coaster..
    Theres the iPhone .001g. Ironically, it makes calls better than the 4g.

• Cleared for the option

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Gadgets Go Coaster (I think thats what your refering to) is the child's rollercoaster at the far end of Toontown near Mickey and Minnie's houses and Chip n' Dale's Treehouse.

Ah! Ok, we road that. It was my son's gateway coaster. This is the coaster that finally got both my boys to try other coasters! I love this coaster just because of that!

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    "Relevance to the audience" and "current popularity with kids" should not be criteria for adding or removing attractions at Disneyland -- the creativity, innovation and showmanship of the attraction as an attraction should.

Unfortunately, the opposite is true in the franchise-brand marketing mall that Disneyland has become.
    Generally I agree, but I feel like that Go-Coaster is so barely themed anyway that its only relevance to Toontown is its name, which most people don't recognize. And I'm not sure anyone could make a convincing case that Rescue Rangers achieved the same sense of timelessness of other obscure Disneyland characters like Mr. Toad, the cast of Song of the South/Splash Mountain, or the Country Bears...

MiceChatter Kermitdefrog once had an idea that I liked, which would be to retheme the Go-Coaster to a black-and-white airplane ride and base it on the Mickey Mouse short Plane Crazy, as an extension to his house across the street. Maybe have some black and white farm animal AAs too, mooing and barking and what not at the riders.

Uhhh.....Has anyone been to WDW's Mickey's Toontown FAIR?? DLR's Toontown has that beat by leaps and bounds!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Which is why it became part of yesterland.

MarkTwain, that's a cute idea but I think the premise of ToonTown is that it's a more urban setting. Magic Kingdom's Mickey's Toontown Fair which is in contrast supposed to be like a toon version of a country fair had "The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm"which is basically what you just discribed. Mickey's country house at WDW even had a barn and a greenhouse.

As far as Toontown being much better than Micky's Toontown Fair, I don't think many disagree as I hear it is being torn out for the fantasyland expansion.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Alright I admit it, I have never seen Rescue Rangers or Tron! But I have seen Song of the South, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Icabod and Mr. Toad. I know this family who has 4 kids that got a bootleg version of Song of the South from eBay and they used to let me borrow it. I have watched Roger Rabbit on Youtube and rented Mr. Toad. But I still have never seen Rescue Rangers. That is probably the reason I want that ride themed to just Chip 'n' Dale since I have seen them in old Disney cartoons.
    I say keep it as is, it works because Gadget would tinker and make this, but I'm just hoping it Doesn't get a Tinkerbell re-dress because Tinkerbell could build it lol
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Because kids still remember and watch The Little Mermaid.

And I don't know the answer to the second question. I guess there has to be a Toad ride in the U.S.A. or else there will be protestors fighting at the gates for hours and give Disney bad publicity.
    My kids are 5 and 8 and both have watched Rescue Rangers... we live in a world of DVDs, just because the shows aren't syndicated doesn't mean that parents are getting the DVD's for their kids to watch.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Generally I agree, but I feel like that Go-Coaster is so barely themed anyway that its only relevance to Toontown is its name, which most people don't recognize. And I'm not sure anyone could make a convincing case that Rescue Rangers achieved the same sense of timelessness of other obscure Disneyland characters like Mr. Toad, the cast of Song of the South/Splash Mountain, or the Country Bears...
    How do you think those obscure characters achieved timelessness? Someone decided they needed to be remembered.

MiceChatter Kermitdefrog once had an idea that I liked, which would be to retheme the Go-Coaster to a black-and-white airplane ride and base it on the Mickey Mouse short Plane Crazy, as an extension to his house across the street. Maybe have some black and white farm animal AAs too, mooing and barking and what not at the riders.
    I love Mickey as much as the next Micechatter, but he has plenty. Let Gadget have her one little ride. It's the only attraction related to anything Disney Afternoon.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast