Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Why do the Rescue Rangers still have an attration at Disneyland?

The show ended three years before Gadget's Go Coaster debuted and has been off the air in syndication for a number of years therefore making it quite unreatable to today younger generation. I as well many of you still have fond memories of the show but most kids today dont relate and many always think its based on Inspector Gadget. I dont understand why they don't get rid of this attraction since it really has no place in Toontown anymore along with the chip n' dale treehouse which has suffered greatly throughout the years and is no more than a tree you walk up and down in. That whole side of Toontown could really be used for something else, I'd even take Mickey's PhilharMagic because when I think about it, theres not else they can put there with such limited space.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Arrow Re: Why do the Rescue Rangers still have an attration at Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    The show ended three years before Gadget's Go Coaster debuted and has been off the air in syndication for a number of years therefore making it quite unreatable to today younger generation. I as well many of you still have fond memories of the show but most kids today dont relate and many always think its based on Inspector Gadget. I dont understand why they don't get rid of this attraction since it really has no place in Toontown anymore along with the chip n' dale treehouse which has suffered greatly throughout the years and is no more than a tree you walk up and down in. That whole side of Toontown could really be used for something else, I'd even take Mickey's PhilharMagic because when I think about it, theres not else they can put there with such limited space.
    This is a very, VERY rough idea I came up with a few years back that I felt could easily be placed in ToonTown. With some tricky trail layouts, I think it could fit where Chip-N-Dale's Treehouse and Gadget's Go-Coaster currently reside.

Pluto’s Escape (new ride) – This new dark ride would replace the empty area next to Minnie’s House. The vehicles that the guests would ride in would be in the shape of dog bones with a dog bowl roof. This ride would take guests through different scenes of famous Pluto cartoons. The climax scene would be that of Pluto getting chased by dog nappers from the pound. This is when the vehicles would bust through the doors of the pound and be found outside on a track to be made to look like a street. The last scene would show that Pluto successfully got away and is munching down on a bone inside his doghouse with Mickey Mouse leaning up against it.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Why do the Rescue Rangers still have an attration at Disneyland?

Re-theme it to just Chip 'n' Dale's Coaster and drop the whole Rescue Rangers theme. It will still be the same only based on Disney characters that can't be forgotten even with different tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Why are they building a Little Mermaid Ride 20 years later?
    Why is there a Mr. Toad ride?

Kind of a silly question, they're all a part of the Disney legacy.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sp0tted View Post

Because kids still remember and watch The Little Mermaid.

And I don't know the answer to the second question. I guess there has to be a Toad ride in the U.S.A. or else there will be protestors fighting at the gates for hours and give Disney bad publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion

Rescue Rangers is getting a new comic book in a few months. Kids will start to know what it is again.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Shubisha

A very large nostalgia induced smile comes across my face everytime WDW's Move It Shake It Celebrate It street party is coming down the street and the DJ is introducing the characters with lines like "Also here are your favorite chipmunks, no not Alvin and the Chipmunks, I'm talkin about your rescue rangers chip and dale! And we also have your favorite party animals, comin right outta a tail spin, your favorite party animals Baloo and Louie"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sp0tted View Post

Why do people get upset when they build a Pixar based attraction?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Because kids still remember and watch The Little Mermaid.

And I don't know the answer to the second question. I guess there has to be a Toad ride in the U.S.A. or else there will be protestors fighting at the gates for hours and give Disney bad publicity.
    Um kids are still watching Rescue Rangers as they are releasing the series in DVD boxsets plus like someone mentioned above thers a new rescue ranger comic series starting soon. On top of that, when did Disneyland become a park only for what kids in 2010 know about?? Guess we should bulldoze Splash Mountain, Mr.Toad, Roger Rabbit, ElecTRONica, and a ton of other attractions since kids dont know about them.

As far as im concerned Disneyland should cater to kids who grew up at Disneyland in the 80s and 90s exclusively. They have been doing a pretty good job of it so far with a new Star Tours and bringing back the Subs and Captain Eo

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

As is often explained, its not that the rides are necessarily Pixar (although recently the number of new rides based on Pixar attractions has far outweighed the number of original or "Classic Disney" rides, upsetting some) that upsets people, but that older, masterpiece films never got their own. Also, it seems that many of the Pixar attractions are not built up to the standard of rides like Indy, Pirates or the Haunted Mansion.

To the OP, are you suggesting that Splash Mountain also be removed due to the fact that its parent film hasn't been released in decades, and is deemed politically incorrect?

• Artist

I did contemplate the idea of, if the new video game, Epic Mickey, did well enough, how might Disney try to place into the park an area for Oswald and older Disney characters who don't see the light of day too often. Perhaps they can re-theme the coaster like someone suggested to be Chip and Dale (and acknowledge tht Gadget made it), bring down there tree house and, with a little expansion into currently Disney related office and casting area, extend Toon Town to add an Oswald area and, perhaps, Disney PhilharMagic.

I really don't think the ride itself should come down. Its the most tame roller coaster ride in the park for the little kids. They need something. But I would be perfectly fine if the tree house itself comes down and something more... 'useful' put into its place.

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

i agree that kids don't know it anymore but at the same time love my rescue rangers. i say parents get the seasons and make their kids watch!

and they lived happily ever after

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

When Toontown 1st opened, I though Gaget's Go-coaster was the worst fit of anything in Toontown. I still feel that way. It's not a Toon's house, and really doesn't have any purpose in Toontown. Now add to it that Donald's Boat really doesn't do anything, Goofy's house had a flat, and Chip and Dale lost their nuts, and it does need and overhaul to add more interest. The space is really limited on that side, but adding Philharmagic would be a good attraction for Toontown. However forcing it into the gocoaster and treehouse area would be forcing a square peg in a round hole. It would be better to expand to the north, outside of the current perimeter, perhap through the City Hall Doors. Build the queue to and area where they could house the large theater.

• Senior Minion

"Relevance to the audience" and "current popularity with kids" should not be criteria for adding or removing attractions at Disneyland -- the creativity, innovation and showmanship of the attraction as an attraction should.

Unfortunately, the opposite is true in the franchise-brand marketing mall that Disneyland has become.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Wiggins.. I don't know what your talking about. Kids like the movie cars, so obviously they need to sell more cars merchandise and build a Cars Themepark.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast