Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking New kind of Disney Park!

Okay, so I have this idea and I wanted to share it with all of you and get some feedback.

There are parks for Disney on either coast, which are wonderful and great. However, there are many states in the middle of the continent that are filled with people who can not afford to get their families to either coast due to travel time and cost. My idea was what if Disney built a park that held all of the magic of Disney, but was not the same as DL or the Magic Kingdom?

I know a lot of people say that Disney wouldn't build a park in the middle region due to taking away from the other park's visitors, but what if this park was different enough that it wasn't the same experience?

The park I have in mind doesn't have a Tomorrowland, no Main Street as you know it, and only involves Disney magic. It is a new experience, but would house some of the rides/attractions from the current Disney parks. This is Mickey's land, where Disney stories come to life.

When you first come into this park you are surrounded by Mickey's Town and his friends, and throughout the park, you get the chance to interact with and see all your favorite Disney friends.

This park is not for Indiana Jones, Star Tours or the Matterhorn. Here you will only find Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, the Dalmations and some of your favorite villains. I have a pretty good idea of how it would be mapped out and the rides it would have. My main reason for this park is knowing how many people I have talked to from the middle of the US who have never/will never get to go to a Disney park but would love to. Disney is missing out on a lot of business and a lot of magic that could be brought to people's lives out there.

In Houston they are currently building a large Dinosaur park which is partially been created by someone who was involved in the Jurassic Park movies. It will involve educational trail, museums and rides. I have seen the diagrams and I think it will be great. Disney should realize what a great concept they have and jump on the bandwagon. With Astro World gone and the Six Flags parks not looking so hot these days, Disney has a chance to make a new destination point. Seems such a shame that they have no plans in this area yet.

Thanks for listening!

~End rant~

• Banned User

Re: New kind of Disney Park!

Can I vote for New Mexico? Heh heh heh.

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

dude, right now i am working on a park just like this!
    its called the wonderful world of Disney, it would contain lands and rides based around Disney movies, cartoons, all that stuff, and it would in Texas!
    get out of my head!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

LOL! Maybe you should get out of mine! =P

I have been working on this idea for a few years, with the aid of a friend of mine who is now an intern with the company. We have many new ride ideas, and whole lands sectioned out. I dream of one day presenting this to someone in the company, with only the hope of being part of it. I don't care about the money, but have these ideas that I don't want to be wasted.

I also have the idea of a 2nd gate called Pixar Planet, so that they could keep Pixar away from my Disney park. My ongoing name is Disney Tails (or Tales!) The main point of the part is to be immersive on such a level that people almost forget they are in a park, which is why all the lands are themed towards movies styles...

Mickey's Town - basically a version of toontown w/ shops, rides, interactive attractions about Walt. You enter the park through here.
    Cherry Tree Lane (Mary Poppins themed area)
    Bedtime Stories - all about the young kids type of movies. Pooh, Bambi, etc
    Neverland - With pirates, fairies, native americans and Peter Pan himself
    Fantasyland - this land is all about princes and princes only! More of a Renaissance Festival feeling
    The Lost Jungle - Very tropical setting for all those kinds of movies, like Jungle Book, Tarzan, Etc.
    Enchanted Forest - This is a magical place for Alice, Sword in the Stone, etc
    Villains Lair - Name says it all. Definitely not too scary, but let's the villains finally have their place

Land of Legends - Area dedicated to all the Legends come to life, like Atlantis, Hercules, Land of Legends - Area dedicated to all the Legends come to life, like Atlantis, Hercules, Mulan....almost like a Disney cartoon Epcot for myths

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Quote Originally Posted by DeenaFaux View Post
    LOL! Maybe you should get out of mine! =P

I have been working on this idea for a few years, with the aid of a friend of mine who is now an intern with the company. We have many new ride ideas, and whole lands sectioned out. I dream of one day presenting this to someone in the company, with only the hope of being part of it. I don't care about the money, but have these ideas that I don't want to be wasted.

I also have the idea of a 2nd gate called Pixar Planet, so that they could keep Pixar away from my Disney park. My ongoing name is Disney Tails (or Tales!) The main point of the part is to be immersive on such a level that people almost forget they are in a park, which is why all the lands are themed towards movies styles...

Mickey's Town - basically a version of toontown w/ shops, rides, interactive attractions about Walt. You enter the park through here.
    Cherry Tree Lane (Mary Poppins themed area)
    Bedtime Stories - all about the young kids type of movies. Pooh, Bambi, etc
    Neverland - With pirates, fairies, native americans and Peter Pan himself
    Fantasyland - this land is all about princes and princes only! More of a Renaissance Festival feeling
    The Lost Jungle - Very tropical setting for all those kinds of movies, like Jungle Book, Tarzan, Etc.
    Enchanted Forest - This is a magical place for Alice, Sword in the Stone, etc
    Villains Lair - Name says it all. Definitely not too scary, but let's the villains finally have their place

Land of Legends - Area dedicated to all the Legends come to life, like Atlantis, Hercules, Land of Legends - Area dedicated to all the Legends come to life, like Atlantis, Hercules, Mulan....almost like a Disney cartoon Epcot for myths
    cool! here are the lands i have for my park so far!

Gateway Disney: The main street like area, a show, kind of like great moments with Mr. Lincoln would be here, but it would be call “it all started with a mouse”. Mickey would appear on the screen, talk about Walt and the history of Disney, and would interact with the audience (like in turtle talk with crush).

The wasteland:sort of inspired by the epic mickey game, attractions here would force on the never made/ forgotten Disney projects.

Steam boat shores: attractions based on earlier Disney cartoons.

unforgettable adventure: lots of dark rides here based on Disney's most famous stories, like the lion king, Aladdin, the nightmare before Christmas.

Pixar place/ video land: attractions based on pixar and the kingdom hearts video games.
    lol, i kind of hijacked your thread and posted my own ideas, sorry about that.

So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Minion

How about Marceline, Missouri?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by bob weaver View Post
    how about marceline, missouri?
    +1
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Well, the main reasons I picked Texas-specifically Houston are as follows;

1. Disney likes building near the coast, and this would roughly be the halfway point between the two other parks. This would cater the most to all the people in the middle states.

2. Houston is a very large city, surrounded by three other large cities which would produce more revenue from within the state. Also not very far from New Orleans, another large city.

3. Within Houston and the surrounding three major cities there is enough competition to make Disney happy. Disney likes to have nearby competition, and with Sea World, Schlitterbahn, two different Six Flags parks and the soon to emerge Dinosaur Discovery park. These will be an additional draw to people in the surrounding states.

• ironically Otaku

Well, the main reasons I picked Texas-specifically Houston are as follows;

1. Disney likes building near the coast, and this would roughly be the halfway point between the two other parks. This would cater the most to all the people in the middle states.

2. Houston is a very large city, surrounded by three other large cities which would produce more revenue from within the state. Also not very far from New Orleans, another large city.

3. Within Houston and the surrounding three major cities there is enough competition to make Disney happy. Disney likes to have nearby competition, and with Sea World, Schlitterbahn, two different Six Flags parks and the soon to emerge Dinosaur Discovery park. These will be an additional draw to people in the surrounding states.
    Disney Texas frontier for the win!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

No, not Texas!

South Dakota! That would make that state popular.

See, SD doesn't really have the right weather, nor the large population to support it. I don't think Disney would build any real park in a state that didn't have one of the larger populations.

No offense to SD or it's natives of course! =)

See, SD doesn't really have the right weather, nor the large population to support it. I don't think Disney would build any real park in a state that didn't have one of the larger populations.

No offense to SD or it's natives of course! =)
    OK, so you don't like South Dakotans, we get it. Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Disney Texas frontier for the win!
    Wouldn't Disney Texas Frontier built in Houston suffer the same fate as DCA built in California? Or maybe I missed your sarcasm entirely.

• ironically Otaku

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    OK, so you don't like South Dakotans, we get it. Just kidding.

Wouldn't Disney Texas Frontier built in Houston suffer the same fate as DCA built in California? Or maybe I missed your sarcasm entirely.
    it was just a possible name of the resort, there would be no Disney Texas adventure, i was just thinking, with land and world taken, frontier would make a nice name. you wouldn't want it to be called Disneyland Texas!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Disney's Rhode Island Adventure?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Re: Wasteland... Why not a Yesterland? Then you could say all Disney's exes live in Texas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast