Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Monsters, Inc ride description...

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    Just got the seemingly "official" ride description release in my Disney Rewards news letter:

"Boo's on the loose in Monstropolis, and its up to Mike and Sulley to get her home! Experience a whole new level of laughter.

The desciption goes on to say that this ride is designed for families with children under 10 years of age.

Join Sulley, Mike and Boo as they try to avoid Slithery Randall Boggs and an Army of yelow suited Child Detection Agents. You'll race through Monstropolis and into the halls of Monsters, Inc to Boo's bedroom."

Sounds interesting.
    How original..... NOT!! Also what is this crap about being designed for kids 10 and under, that is not what Disney is about. I can go on Peter Pan because it has a cool factor to it and it is for all ages. I dont want to go on some kiddie ride which is only for the kids. How much worse can they get at planning rides? It is just plain cheap that they didn't add the flying system they were suppost to do.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

They were never gonna add a flying system, and it's aimed towards 10 year olds and UP, that doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it.. Everytime disney conceives a new idea you seem to smash it, and don't give it a chance! I hope when it comes out you don't ride it, it would make less a line, and the kids could enjoy it more

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• What have I done?

Just got the seemingly "official" ride description release in my Disney Rewards news letter:

"Boo's on the loose in Monstropolis, and its up to Mike and Sulley to get her home! Experience a whole new level of laughter.

The desciption goes on to say that this ride is designed for families with children under 10 years of age.

Join Sulley, Mike and Boo as they try to avoid Slithery Randall Boggs and an Army of yelow suited Child Detection Agents. You'll race through Monstropolis and into the halls of Monsters, Inc to Boo's bedroom."

Sounds interesting.
    It states that it is designed for "families with children 10 and under". Also I too heard that it was supposed to have a track suspended above (like Peter Pan's Flight). However budget didnt allow for it.

Either way I am sure it will be exciting, certainly new and something to bring more people into the park.

"This guy!"

• What have I done?

"This guy!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I think the above track was just an idea that was floating out there for a possible Monsters Inc. attraction. I doubt from what the storyline appears to be that being in a hanging door would really work thematically with what this ride will be.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

^ yeah... I think it was just a rumour someone started... Also, why would you copy peter pans unique system.. That would just make peter pan not as cool! It would make you think that they have no good idea's anymore! *cough*

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    It's sad they would "design" a ride for a "families with children under 10 years of age." What exactly does that mean? If your child is 10 or up, he'll consider it juvenille and hate you for taking him on it? Does it mean the parents will have to roll their eyes and say "I guess the kid likes it ok so I guess I'll suffer through it just like I do with the teletubbies show."
    The next team that puts together a "family" dark ride for Disney should be forced to ride "The Cat In The Hat" at IOA at least 50 times. My wife and I have no kids and rode that ride 3 times. It's fantastic for everyone. And it doesn't seem particularly technologically advanced (read- expensive.)

• The Uber Film Geek

I think the "10 years and under" phrase and the argument in this thread over it is a matter of semantics. Average Joe out there would use that exact phrase to describe all the Fantasyland dark rides, and that's simply all there is to it. I enjoy those dark rides as much as anyone, but honestly, "10 years and under" is still a valid description of the primary target audience. I have very little concern regarding the general family enjoyment of Monsters, Inc. If you like the Fantasyland rides you'll like Monsters, Inc.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• See Ya Real Soon!

I just hope it is still there in May 2007, when my next visit will be.

• The one, the only...

I always cringe when age targets are put on a ride. Walt Disney designed things for the "young at heart" because he saw that fun can come at any age. "Dumbing down" a ride is the tendency when one puts a target age on it. "Kids won't notice that, so make it plywood." I think Walt's idea was a better one.

Now I am going to reserve judgment on the ride itself until I actually ride it. DCA really needs a hit, but I hope that both designers and money people don't limit the creativity because it is "for under 10 year olds." After all, thinking like that got us POOH! Yuk!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Dreams do come true

I personally cannot wait, I'll applaud or gripe...AFTER I RIDE THE RIDE!!

I think it is high time someone in TDA rename DCA to Disney's Comical Adventures.

• Party Planning King

The description goes on to say that this ride is designed for families with children under 10 years of age.
    Really, this statement is directed at the Parents that are unsure if the attraction will be too scary or wild for their 3 yr old. It's simply a reassurance to them that their children will be fine to ride. It is after all themed to "Monster's".

This doesn't mean the attraction will be less enjoyable than the fantasyland attractions nor does it mean that the new ride will be dumbed down.

The skepticism from some of you is repulsive. Let the attraction open before you make ridiculous statements about how cheap and bad the ride is.
    Last edited by rihard2000; 11-17-2005 at 01:37 PM.
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

Category: Fun For Little Ones
    This attraction is Only at the Disneyland® Resort

The category listing on the Disneyland website is what concerns me a bit. But I will resevre judgement until I have ridden it.

• that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by rihard2000
    Really, this statement is directed at the Parents that are unsure if the attraction will too scary or wild for their 3 yr old. It's simply a reassurance to them that their children will be fine to ride. It is after all themed to "Montster's".

This doesn't mean the attraction will be less enjoyable than the fantasyland attractions nor does it mean that the new ride will be dumbed down.

The skepticism from some of you is repulsive. Let the attraction open before you make ridiculous statements about how cheap and bad the ride is.
    Yeah honestly. It's not like they're going to go out of their way to make it so no one under 10 years old enjoys it. If they had opened the Fantasyland rides today they'd probably say the same thing, even if they were exactly the same. I mean, at Disney World's website they have categories for rides, like "Romantic Getaway" and "Teenage Fun" and I'm sure a "Fun for Kids" or whatever. I don't think it goes against "Walt's Vision (TM)" to acknowledge that yes, some rides are going to be more fun for kids, and advertise that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast