Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• What have I done?

Post Monsters, Inc ride description...

Just got the seemingly "official" ride description release in my Disney Rewards news letter:

"Boo's on the loose in Monstropolis, and its up to Mike and Sulley to get her home! Experience a whole new level of laughter.

The desciption goes on to say that this ride is designed for families with children under 10 years of age.

Join Sulley, Mike and Boo as they try to avoid Slithery Randall Boggs and an Army of yelow suited Child Detection Agents. You'll race through Monstropolis and into the halls of Monsters, Inc to Boo's bedroom."

Sounds interesting.
    Last edited by PumpkinKing!; 11-15-2005 at 02:38 PM.

"This guy!"

• Animatronic

Re: Monsters, Inc ride description...

It's sad they would "design" a ride for a "families with children under 10 years of age." What exactly does that mean? If your child is 10 or up, he'll consider it juvenille and hate you for taking him on it? Does it mean the parents will have to roll their eyes and say "I guess the kid likes it ok so I guess I'll suffer through it just like I do with the teletubbies show."

What It'll probably mean to me is "Gee, I wish they made rides that scared wimpy 2 year olds, challenged older kids, and entertained adults again"

• What have I done?

LOL that last line you wrote got me! In any case yeah was hoping for a bit more as well. Maybe it was designed for kids under 10 but will still entertain us! My question and ALOT of other is... um well... why Hollywood Pictures Backlot?

"This guy!"

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    My question and ALOT of other is... um well... why Hollywood Pictures Backlot?
    Why not? Nothing else they do seems to make much sense!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

heres a better question, where else would they put it?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• What have I done?

Hey not bashing DCA I just am wondering why? Maybe there will be more to the story inside the ride. I guess HPB is a better spot then no where at all!

"This guy!"

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Just remember that TDA knows DCA needs major attention. Be careful not to chalk up quick projects like "Monsters Inc." and the Placemaking effort as an attempt as a cheap fix-all on their part. They are also working on major additions, but those take time and in the meantime they can address other issues like beautification and theming while they work with some of what they already have on hand.

I'm really excited (and hopeful) to see how things pan out over the next few years.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Deleted duplicate post. MiceChat hiccup.

• Minion FOREVER!

Let's see.... where could it fit?

Monstropolis is supposedly somewhere on earth (island?) that's really remote where
    "monsters" of the earth went. (backstory from Monsters, Inc DVD). Monstropolis is a city. It is reachable by semi-magical portals thru closet doors. It is made by Pixar which is in Emeryville, CA in the Bay area.

Let's look at the "lands" in DCA. Paradise Pier, HPB (which is gonna get a
    retheme), Redwood Trails, Bay Area, SF, Bountiful Farm, Flik.

First of all because of the closet portals, it can be anywhere that
    has closets. Well, most closets are in cities. Also Monstropolis is a city. So it's semi-logical that it should be in a city-like area. The only two cityscapes in DCA
    are HB and Bay Area/SF area. It could have gone into the SF, but the only
    argument for that is the tenuous link thru Pixar. Since there are no
    rides or buildings large enough in SF (beyond Golden Dreams), it made most sense (which isn't much IMHO) to put it in HB in the SSL building which already had a track.

Anyway, that's the "reasoning" that I can think up. Granted, it's not much. Maybe someone w/ connections into WDI can post their thinking on this.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Designed for children under 10...well maybe that is the target group, not nessesarily the designed group. I mean everyone loves Peter Pan's Flight, but it gets quite a bit of riders under 10. Fun, not scary like Snow White...blah blah blah.
    Maybe you can say Pooh was designed for kids...under...10...bad example. No seriously, Pooh isn;t a bad ride. I think the whole under 10 thing is a way to let people know everyone can go one this ride no problem.
    I have high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Just remember that TDA knows DCA needs major attention. Be careful not to chalk up quick projects like "Monsters Inc." and the Placemaking effort as an attempt as a cheap fix-all on their part. They are also working on major additions, but those take time and in the meantime they can address other issues like beautification and theming while they work with some of what they already have on hand.

I'm really excited (and hopeful) to see how things pan out over the next few years.
    I agree. I feel like the Monsters Inc. ride was something that the new management did right off the bat to help stop the bleeding, but that they know there is a greater problem to address.

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Thumbs down Re: Monsters, Inc ride description...

"families with children under 10 years of age" = CHEAP RIDE

• Defeats the Huns

Wouldn't the most logical reasoning for why Monster's Inc is where SSL used to be is because SSL was already a show building and it would make logical and financial sense to place a new ride there? heh. Shouldn't be too much thought into it. Sure it doesn't make too much artistic or theming sense... but I applaud WDI for finding a way to make the whole thing work and giving us a new attraction in DCA.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

^ agreed!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

I cant wait too. There are goign to be some cool stuff. I can tell you that. Its typically disney dark ride with really good show effects

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast