Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Who is going to Mickey's Halloween Party tonight 10/01?

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    Well, let the name-calling begin. I rode Big Thunder right at park closing, then wandered around NOS, Frontierland and Adventureland. Made a phone call to a friend in Orlando to tell him about the differences I was seeing between the two parties, and was eventually approached by security to politely ask if I had a wrist-band. I said no, and was directed towards Main Street. I don't recall being told that I had to leave the park. I was aware that I would not be able to ride any attractions, and as I wandered the park after having dinner at the Plaza Inn, I avoided choke points where I would have been asked to show a wrist-band. I watched the cavalcade (seems generous to call it a parade) from iasw, and made my way back to Main Street to watch the fireworks. After the fireworks I went home.

I was asked, at one point, for my e-mail address so I could be asked about my experience at the party. I was not asked, at that point, whether or not I had a wrist-band. If they do contact me, I'll certainly be honest about that. I feel that allowing guests to remain in the park unhindered after the closing announcements, and allowed to dine, shop, and watch the entertainment offerings, would be fine. If you have no wrist-band, then you get no attractions, trick-or-treating, or character meet-n-greets. Simple as that. It would ease the crowd control craziness that seems to plague the DL resort lately. Interestingly, I just visited WDW for the first time, and didn't see a single CM waving a flashlight. They seemed to handle their mix-in Halloween party just fine, thank you very much! (I paid for that one, and took full advantage of the attractions, treats, and meet-n-greets. They also have a fantastic and elaborate parade, and a fireworks show that would give the AQMD a case of the vapors.)

The internet being the internet, and Mice-chat being a very special corner of the internet, I know full well that there will be people who will not hesitate to share their opinions about my post. Go ahead, if you need to get it out of your system. I'm wearing my flame-proof underwear. Being the internet, that's all I'm wearing, but it's flame-proof all the same.
    Wow, that's a LoT of chum you just dumped overboard......but I think I'll swim away for now
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Parmageddon Jim

Just keep swimming...
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Went to the party last night and thought it was ok. All the rides were open, except Toon Town. The longest lines were for the free candy, as was said. They had extra lighting on Main Street and the Castle. Projecting images and such. The best was probably over at the Rivers of America. They had the Fantasmic lighting towers up projecting colored lights on the surrounding trees and all and had the misters going on the river. So the whole river was covered by a fog later in the evening. Looked really cool.

There were dance parties at Tomorrowland Terrace and the French Market. They just took all the chairs and tables out of the Market area and had "Club Skellington" there. Everyone looked to be having fun.

The cavalcade was great. Much longer than expected. They had the units they used over in DCA for the Halloween party there, redressed. Then also had the Year of a Millions Dreams car full of people with the best costumes. Then they also still have the huge Parade of Dreams castle float all redressed for Halloween. Looked really cool. Add to that LOTS of characters in between. Bit more than just a cavalcade if you ask me.

Halloween Screams was great as always. Got an excellent spot on Main St near the Photo store at 9:15. Main St was never even half full for the show. They weren't kidding when saying you'll have more "elbow room" on the Disney Blog. No real change except for no fire. They added extra pyro to replace that. So looks like the flame throwers are gone for good. Do they still use them in Remember? Last time I saw it there were missing there as well.

So a pretty good experience overall. Sad to only see Halloween Screams once this year, but oh well. That's how it goes...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

This page brought to you by January 2005.....

thanks January 2005

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Parmageddon Jim

January 2005, I remember it well. Those were some fab pancakes.

Wait, what? I'm still waiting for my well-earned internet chastising, dangit!
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    They had the Fantasmic lighting towers up projecting colored lights on the surrounding trees and all and had the misters going on the river. So the whole river was covered by a fog later in the evening. Looked really cool.
    They started this back in the days of HMH parties (spec event)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

To answer an earlier question, there are places in Downtown Disney where you can watch fireworks from. Disney already knows people watch fireworks from the Entry Plaza, on some holidays like the 4th of July they even set up ropes in the area. The parking structure and surrounding roads all have views of the fireworks.
    Sleeping on Disney sheets...zzz

http://imagineartony.blogspot.com/

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    Wait, what? I'm still waiting for my well-earned internet chastising, dangit!
    BAD BOY! Happy now?

Good work.

• What's that word again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sp0tted View Post
    Went to Disneyland last night to walk around before going somewhere else (like a true APer).

Didn't know Disneyland closed at 7 for the party, but no real big loss. We decided we would go walk through DCA to see the construction and such.

This is when I knew that Disney management was flat out WRONG to do things the way they have. We were only there for an hour, but, the crowds in DCA were insane... for no other reason than MOST of DCA is closed either due to construction or due to the WoC show. So, many people filed out of Disneyland and winded up in DCA, but DCA only had a few major rides going (Tower, Soarin, Rapids, and I guess you'd have to call MM a big ride at this point). And that's it. For a weekend crowd, this made the place packed.

Add to that all of the construction walls, and I'd feel bad for any CM near FFF that night. It was a disaster.

Dear Disney: This is NOT the year to begin experimenting with shutting down Disneyland at 7pm on a weekend. Do this on weekdays when less people go to the park as it is (this would increase attendance on those weaker days).

If I was a traveling guest from out of town, I would be reading Disney the riot act for essentially shutting down BOTH parks by 8pm on a weekend.

I know you purist and defenders will say, "You could've looked at a calendar" and "I'd do everything perfect if I was traveling there." But, still, this night was pretty insane, and it really showed how Disney has lost a step lately.
    First of all, Disney didn't have a choice with putting the party at DL. Do you really think it would make any more sense to have it at the all-boarded-up DCA? No way! And if it were exclusive at DCA, that means regular people would have to pay extra to see WoC...a show already included with regular admission. What special show would guests get there?

Having the party only on weeknights probably wouldn't be too hot as most kids have school and being out late is obviously a no-no. It's only twice a week, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jawknee View Post
    And if it were exclusive at DCA, that means regular people would have to pay extra to see WoC...a show already included with regular admission.
    You mean like Disneyland lovers now have to do for "Halloween Screams," a show that used to be included with general admission?

Now, you know how A LOT of us feel.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    You mean like Disneyland lovers now have to do for "Halloween Screams," a show that used to be included with general admission?

Now, you know how A LOT of us feel.
    It was included 1 year. Burger King gave away fries for a day, should they always be free now? And from the pics I have seen, this years version is different from last years (improved!) Now making plans to go down!!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    It was included 1 year. Burger King gave away fries for a day, should they always be free now?
    Yes, if it costs $74 + $15 parking to get into Burger King.

BTW, lack of flamethrowers is not an improvement.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 10-02-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Korektid a spelling airur.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I remeber, back in the day, when we had no real fireworks show during the fall off season. At least there is still one of weekends. Fires and Southern California falls don't mix too well...we do have those pesky Santa Anas for the majority of fall. I can't until Oct 15 when I'm going to party

Quote Originally Posted by E.P. Ripley View Post
    Actually, I'm not sure how this is awkward for the park guests and cast members. Disney hosts quite a number of private parties that utilize the wristband system. The cast members slowly sweep the park of anyone not wearing wristbands. This has happened to me several times at Disneyland when I have been there on the night of a private party. It really is not that big of a deal.

I agree this is not the first time something like this is done. besides guests are told in advance of what the park hours are so asking them to leave at park closing should not be a reason for anyone to feel awkward or complain.
    Last edited by Baloo; 10-02-2010 at 11:10 PM.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Shocked it didn't rain in CA last night. Rained in AZ tonight (good wind too). We usually get your weather the next day.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast