Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Who is going to Mickey's Halloween Party tonight 10/01?

i am just curious if it had rained or had been really windy on the first day of the event what should Disney have done?

These events are planned months in advanced and eventhough Disney could be all powerful and mighty i really doubt they have the ability to control weather or know when it will be rainy or windy. we also all know that on the website and all printed promotional pieces there is a long sentence that warns people that things could change or be cancelled.

---by the way this is not directed at any post in particular its just that the whole weather and Disney dodged a bullet discussion has been brought up .---

also i understand the frustration of some guests not knowing that the park would close early but even before these event for halloween started both parks used to clse around the same times during the off-seasons if people would conside that then i see no reason why we should blame Disney for taking the oppurtunity to open the park when it would normally be closed for special ticketed events. I remember years back when things like these used to happen and guests had no option to enjoy the rest of the evening at a second gate.

Also i am curious as to what people think about the positive side of the event for locals. theoretically if you do not have an AP and want to spend a day at Disneyland you could buy a ticket for less than a normal day ticket and still enjoy the park for at least 5 hours and maybe even up to eight hours on certain days. The ticket even adds the benefit of special times with characters, short lines at rides, fireworks, calvacade and lots of candy and lets not forget no charge for parking which could be at least 14.00 dollars.

should Disney maybe use that angle to sell out the event?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    Perhaps I'm cynical, but I don't believe that Disney speaks any language other than money.
    Now, now, credit where it's due: Tom Staggs also speaks a fluent Marketing; is conversational in TV Audience Demographics; and speaks, reads and writes Consumer Perceived-Value Deviations from the Projected Mean.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Now, now, credit where it's due: Tom Staggs also speaks a fluent Marketing; is conversational in TV Audience Demographics; and speaks, reads and writes Consumer Perceived-Value Deviations from the Projected Mean.
    The man's a regular polyglot. He may speak Used Car Salesman too.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 10-03-2010 at 07:52 PM.

• What's that word again?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    You mean like Disneyland lovers now have to do for "Halloween Screams," a show that used to be included with general admission?

Now, you know how A LOT of us feel.
    It does kind of suck, but at the same time, a huge selling point. Disney's got to reel us in somehow. What can you do?

FYI, it is drizzling, right now, in parts of Southern California and has been steadily for the past hour.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

That's golf weather up here
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    That's golf weather up here
    Which may be why several golfers have been struck by lightning. Mind the weather when participating in the sport, particularly if warnings have been issued.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Which may be why several golfers have been struck by lightning. Mind the weather when participating in the sport, particularly if warnings have been issued.
    Not in extreme golf

tomorrow night from yahoo weather:

>>>Tomorrow night: Cloudy with a few showers. Low near 55F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%. <<<<

Not too bad, light winds, light rain, should keep the crowds away but not likely to effect negatively on much else

Can 't wait to party!
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

I hope it doesn't rain on the party goers tomorrow night... i know i was bummed on fri when I thought it was going to be raining on my special event.

• ---------------

FYI, it is drizzling, right now, in parts of Southern California and has been steadily for the past hour.

We (PHX area) got a good rain this afternoon (10/4/10). I think it suppose to rain (in PHX) tomorrow too.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• The Original Disney Doll

It was cold and drizzly all day here. (San Diego). I hope it's a dry night for tomorrows party-goers. Thanks to everyone who reported in on how the first party went. Sounds like it wasn't too bad crowd wise. I'm going on the 19th and I just don't want to feel like I'm in wall to wall people.

I think for me, I was more shocked at how much more the party cost this year than last. Yes, I know it's at DL and there is fireworks, etc. But last year I paid $25 each and this year I paid $44 each. That's a big increase especially when things like the fireworks are being included and last year fireworks were free. Or not "free" but were included in a regular day admission. I wasn't overly impressed with last years party and had not planned to do it again this year but I was sucked into the DL marketing machine for this years event and caved and bought tickets. But as the price went up so have my expectations.

• Relapsed

I'm going tonight and I hope there is a good balance between getting to see the fireworks and the park being empty. I know, I'm selfish.
    Last edited by marqueemark; 10-05-2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: speeling
    Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be? - hang gliding, come on!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456