• Minion

What DCA needs in Phase 2: Zorro!

As discussed before, a Zorro themed Spanish revival mission, restaurant and marketplace area (with black whip coaster) would be a perfect addition to DCA in the next phase (along with the Three Caballeros ride from WDW).

Check out this awesome 1990s ad for EuroDisney featuring Zorro! Wow -- we should use a dose of that on a permanent basis!

YouTube - 1992 Euro Disney "Zorro - "Sous le Signe de la Nuit" TV Ad

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Re: What DCA needs in Phase 2: Zorro!

zorro stunt show, that's what they need.but i am glade some one brought this up again, as it is a truly interesting topic.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Banned User

Could someone please fire the Bozos that developed the current marketing campaign for Tangled? And please, please rehire whoever made these Zorro ads?

Pretty please?

• Minion

You're right william: A Zorro stunt show would be an awesome idea! DCA needs some legendary California myth and adventure!

DCA needs some legendary California myth and adventure!
    This is why the whole thing makes so much sense. This is the statement that should've guided the design of DCA from the very start.

Now I'm upset that there isn't any Zorro in DCA. Way to go, merlinjones
    Last edited by oo_nrb; 10-04-2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Re-wrote :P
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• Banned User

I posted this elsewhere. But this is STILL the problem with DCA. The original themes for Disneyland are ABSTRACT and UNIVERSAL. Everyone can relate to Adventure and Reliving Fond Memories and Dreams Coming True, etc., etc. The conceptual problem with DCA is that its themes are concrete and literal. Can everyone relate to the theme of Route 66? Can everyone relate to the theme of the Pacific Wharf. By selecting concrete themes, the design team blundered into a situation in which it would be very difficult to infuse myth and universality into the park. This is exactly what the park needs--some way to open up the limited (and really, rather dull) themes so that the area aspire to myth and so the underlying themes relate to everyone whether or not they know squat about California.

Right now, the quality of the park is improving with the new attractions. But still conceptually the park has some problems.

• All-American

Hear hear! Zorro is amazing. I remember watching his show on Vault Disney last thing every night before going to bed as a kid. I would love to see his Spanish swashbuckling and swordfighting skills in person, as either an AA-heavy dark ride or some sort of stunt show.