Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Certified in everything

Who checks all those photos?

I think that everyone who has been to a Disney theme park more than once has had at least one of their on ride photos "washed away" or "dissappear into another dimension". Of course these photos do not show up because the were not "Disney". But who looks at all of these photos and screens them for bad ones? Can a single person do more than one ride at a time? Do they live in a little booth behind the park and look at pictures all day? Maybe they are done by a computer. Anyone know?
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Re: Who checks all those photos?

Quote Originally Posted by cruise
    I think that everyone who has been to a Disney theme park more than once has had at least one of their on ride photos "washed away" or "dissappear into another dimension". Of course these photos do not show up because the were not "Disney". But who looks at all of these photos and screens them for bad ones? Can a single person do more than one ride at a time? Do they live in a little booth behind the park and look at pictures all day? Maybe they are done by a computer. Anyone know?
    Believe it or not, Stores Operations CMs, the Attractions CMs have nothing to do with it. I only know the specific operation for Splash mountain, it's done by 1 CM on a rotation basis (just like manning the security cameras in the attractions, you lose focus are a time so they are rotated frequently). It is not a computerized proces. No one lives in these places, nor is it from a centeralized location. Each ride with pictures has their own CM editing the pictures, 1 CM does not do more than 1 attraction, nor are they connected.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Disney Memory Maker

Do they have to approve each picture, or are they automatically approved unless the CM choses to not allow that picture?
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Still wants to be a cat!

Ask Monorail Blue.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Remember, there's a fairly long delay from when the picture is taken, until it's actually seen. Plenty enough time for a member to dissaprove it.
    -Monorail Man

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

This is an intresting question i look frwd to the replys
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Very interesting question! Theres definatley enough time between getting off log and going to picture booth for them to delete it

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• :)

Yea i know theres one for splash but I was just curious where is the pic taken on Buzz?

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

The photo on Buzz is taken just as you enter the encounter with Zurg.

• Circle of Ancients

I would think TOT would be the hardest to check since there are so many people on each elevator.

Then again, there are less ride vehicles so really not as many pictures to check.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by cruise
    ...Of course these photos do not show up because the were not "Disney".
    Eww....

Anyways, some photos just don't come out. Like on California Screamin, when I went on it, our photo was fine, the photo was probably just blurred or something. Same thing with Space Mountain. These photos probably just don't come out because the train is coming through at high speeds. Another thing that can cause it to mess up is if the ride is going faster or slower, as if a brake section messed up its speed.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

I'm assuming they also check for young ladies (?) who flash the camera at that time. Yes, it does happen and NO I didn't!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by bejeweledcat
    I'm assuming they also check for young ladies (?) who flash the camera at that time. Yes, it does happen and NO I didn't!
    Ahhhh, good old Flash Mountain.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Namaste and Good Luck

In any image location we see the picture right after it is taken. I know that in both Splash Photo and Space Image, we have about 8 seconds to look at the photo and decide if it's appropriate or not. If we miss the photo, then we can call the front counter and they can block it from their computers if need be.We delete the photos if we see any:
    1. Inappropriate Gesture (Middle finger, sexual gestures etc.)
    2. Unsafe Behavior (turned around in the vehicle, choking the person next to you etc.)
    3. Nudity (Any nipple showing [male or female] etc.)
    4. Innapropriate Clothing Message (If the shirt has a vulgar word/phrase on it)
    5. A V.I.P. (Celebrity)
    By the time you exit the vehicle and are at the photo preview area, a CM has seen and decided if it was Disney Appropriate or not. My rule has been "If I can't show my grandma, then I delete it."
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Justin
    In any image location we see the picture right after it is taken. I know that in both Splash Photo and Space Image, we have about 8 seconds to look at the photo and decide if it's appropriate or not. If we miss the photo, then we can call the front counter and they can block it from their computers if need be.We delete the photos if we see any:
    1. Inappropriate Gesture (Middle finger, sexual gestures etc.)
    2. Unsafe Behavior (turned around in the vehicle, choking the person next to you etc.)
    3. Nudity (Any nipple showing [male or female] etc.)
    4. Innapropriate Clothing Message (If the shirt has a vulgar word/phrase on it)
    5. A V.I.P. (Celebrity)
    By the time you exit the vehicle and are at the photo preview area, a CM has seen and decided if it was Disney Appropriate or not. My rule has been "If I can't show my grandma, then I delete it."
    Ever seen a VIP on that thing?! That would be awsome! I would print it out and like sell it to some tabloid or Mag... Extra 2 grand eh?

PLEASE describe funny thing you have seen. I am sure there are some awsome pictures on there!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast