Splash Mountain AA's?

For a long time I have wondered about this. I read once somewhere that someone had reached out on Splash Mountain and felt the "fur" on one of the AA's and it was slimy and moldy. So my question to MC is, how does Disney upkeep these aa's? It can't be healthy to just let them grow mold in their fur. Do they take them out and clean them? Also I would worry about internal water damage to the electronics. Maybe I am just having crazy thoughts. Anyone have any ideas?

• Minion

Re: Splash Mountain AA's?

I think the CMs clean everything at night and occasionally when the ride is in refurb is when we see a lot of plusses to what is already there
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
    For a long time I have wondered about this. I read once somewhere that someone had reached out on Splash Mountain and felt the "fur" on one of the AA's and it was slimy and moldy. So my question to MC is, how does Disney upkeep these aa's? It can't be healthy to just let them grow mold in their fur. Do they take them out and clean them? Also I would worry about internal water damage to the electronics. Maybe I am just having crazy thoughts. Anyone have any ideas?
    You'd have to have a pretty long reach. I can't think of any area where you can just reach out and touch an AA. Also not sure of any area where's the AA'S get drenched in water. If they do get a little but of water on them, the show building has great ventilation.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
    Don't believe everything you read. Secondly, I'm not sure how something can feel moldy. Wet... perhaps slimy... not sure how it feels moldy. Considering the level of chlorine in there, I doubt mold could grow on anything, including the fake fur.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    You'd have to have a pretty long reach. I can't think of any area where you can just reach out and touch an AA.
    Agreed... I couldn't think of one either... so I watched a video of it and I can't see any place you could just reach out and touch an AA at all. Not without standing up and leaning on the edge and then still stretching.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Thanks guys. It was really bugging my mind, I know it was a silly question. Thanks for humoring me.

Audio-Animatronics costumes are maintained by the same folks who are in charge of parade and show costumes.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Fun Facts of Disneyland's Splash Mountain
    Skip down to "fact" 40. I think this is the site you read it from.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• I'm not really here

Gotta be really careful with what you read on hiddenmickeys. Since much/all of it is user submitted... you really have to take it with a massive grain of salt.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• We Go On.

This site's credibility...

REPORTED: anon 02 FEB 01
    I was at Disneyland today and suggested that we go on Splash Mountain. My brother told me it was closed. Why? Because they are changing the logs! They currently sit people one in front of the other. However, now they are going to use logs like the ones at Walt Disney World in Florida. Riders will sit side by side. Personally, I like the change.
    ...Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Fun Facts of Disneyland's Splash Mountain
    Skip down to "fact" 40. I think this is the site you read it from.
    I may have read it there. I can't remember. It just didn't seem very logical to me. But I had to ask.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Biggest reason you shouldn't believe it. They talk about a rabbit in the end scene. None of them have names (besides blue bird and all the brier's), so where did they get "pat". Also the only reachable bunny (which you can't reach) is brier rabbit.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz