Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

World of Color Picnic question

Hey everyone! First off I'm new here so if this has been asked before I apologize. I'm going with a few friends at the end of October to see World of Color for the first time. My question is, does the WOC picnic include the special preferred viewing FP or just a normal viewing FP? I believe it's the blue section? Is this even worth it? Thank You so much!

-Brian

Re: World of Color Picnic question

Picnics provide a complementary fast pass, but it is not preferred viewing

• Banned User

Awwe bummer! Maybe we'll just get there early then for a regular FP. Thanks for the info!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

When we did it, it was the blue section and I wasn't really impressed with the viewing area. The only advantage is you don't have to line up early to get a regular FP. Oh and the food for the picnic wasn't that great. Oh sorry, my wife said is sucked!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SurfinTheSun View Post
    Hey everyone! First off I'm new here so if this has been asked before I apologize. I'm going with a few friends at the end of October to see World of Color for the first time. My question is, does the WOC picnic include the special preferred viewing FP or just a normal viewing FP? I believe it's the blue section? Is this even worth it? Thank You so much!

-Brian
    Welcome to the site!

On the plus side, if you buy the Picnic online in advance, you are guaranteed a FastPass for the first show of the night. That is an advantage and will save you lots of time waiting around for the show.

It is true that the food isn't spectacular for this option, but it is fairly priced and a great way to ensure that you'll see the first show of the night in a pretty good viewing location.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I guess the only good thing is you don't have to wait in the FP line and you get a nifty WoC bag. You do get 'dibs' on where you're viewing the show, so for a first timer I would recommend it honestly.

Other than that I prefer doing the regular fast pass, not sure if I'd do it again but it was enjoyable. I wasn't a fan of the cold chicken I was served.

• Banned User

Thanks for the tips guys! I actually will consider it because it is my/our first time. I'm not expecting much from the food, Disney food is always a hit or miss in my opinion.

• Johnny and Me!

The "picnic meal" is true to its name - cold food that you'd find at a picnic. The first time I had one, the food was a bit bland, but it was better the second time. Also, the Blue section includes the bridge on the far left of the viewing area. I recommend this area because it has an unobstructed view of the show (the control booth is directly below).

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

i'm still trying to decide on picninc, or Ariel's Grotto/VIP seating. what do you guys think? is there really much difference?

and they lived happily ever after

• Banned User

How do you get VIP seating? Is that the same as the preferred seating?

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    When we did it, it was the blue section and I wasn't really impressed with the viewing area. The only advantage is you don't have to line up early to get a regular FP. Oh and the food for the picnic wasn't that great. Oh sorry, my wife said is sucked!
    I had the opposite experience. My friend and I loved our picnic meals and we managed to get good spots in the blue area. Even chatted with a small family while we waited, which was lovely.

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

• Future Indy Castmember

Just a reminder that the FP you get with the picnic does not always mean you'll get Blue. They also have FP's for the Yellow section once they run out of Blue FP's.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• What's that word again?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Green View Post
    i'm still trying to decide on picninc, or Ariel's Grotto/VIP seating. what do you guys think? is there really much difference?
    I too would like to hear what you guys think of this. I'm most likely doing Ariel's Grotto but I want to know if it's worth it.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm one of those who actually liked the picnic meal. The chicken was a bit on the sweet side, but I thought the portions were generous. I got the blue section when I got my meal. All in all I thought it was a pretty good deal since I had to eat at some point during the day anyway and the price is in line with what they charge for a basic meal anywhere in the park. The tote is a nice bonus. Next time I may get a picnic meal just for the meal, but I don't do standing for long periods of time (well, my knees and lower back don't) so I'm not likely to do the viewing of WOC from the front side again.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

The preferred area is the circular area where the play fountains are during the day. VIP is the best possible view with no obstructions. It's in the back near the SF restrooms are and where the water fountains are. You can only get in if you have a plaid with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast