Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Just Scheduled My Interview...What's Next

I applied for a job at the Disneyland Resort some months ago and just got an Email asking me to take the online interview. I did, I passed and scheduled my Interview.

If anyone has recently interviewed and/or been hired, please, please answer some questions for me. Thank you in advance!!

Questions:

1. What Should I Expect?
    2. How Long Will it Last?
    3. Will I get Hired on the Same Day?
    4. Do They Have a lot of Openings Right Now?
    5. Any Other Insight or Tips?

Again, thank you so much!

Re: Just Scheduled My Interview...What's Next

Yaaay, congratulations! It's a pretty standard job interview. They ask about your work experience, why you're interested in a job at Disneyland, which roles your interested in and why, how you would handle a few different hypothetical situations. It's a good idea to bring a resume, but it's not required. The important thing is to just be yourself. But be your best self! Disney likes enthusiasm and friendliness and professionalism. Like with any job interview, know what the company needs, and then demonstrate how you can fill that need. In Disney's case, they need people with LOTS of availability who will show up and who doesn't have any 'red flags'. Enthusiasm helps, but it's not as vital to Disney as just being able to be there and work.

Good luck!!

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

^That about sums it up.

I would also add that you should make sure to smile and be friendly. In a group of candidates with equal qualifications, it is likely the person with the "Disney look" that will get the job.

Hope your interview goes well!

Yeah the Disney look thing is important. I made a major change to my appearance just for the interview, so I could conform better to the 'Disney look'. I dont know if that helped me get the job, but it sure didn't hurt!

BTW, I dont know how many openings there are right now, but I do know that if you get hired, you'll probably find out at the end of your interview.

Random question... the OP said that he/she applied for the job "months" ago and that Disney is just now getting around to having he/she interview. Is this normal? I was hoping to apply for a position at the resort immediately after completing the College Program next fall - is such a thing even possible?
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

All of this advice is great. I would also add that IF it's a group interview (I know I was in a group of three the first time around) make sure you're smiling and watching the other candidates as they speak, not thinking about your next answer. When I applied in high school, this was the reason I didn't get the job. I tried again in college and VOILA! I'm in Guest Relations! More than anything just look professional and have a positive attitude. It goes a long long way.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Closed Account

From recent experience at the casting office, if you go in and say you don't speak English and don't have a SS # or driver's license; you're likely to be hired over qualified candidates.

• M's mommy

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    From recent experience at the casting office, if you go in and say you don't speak English and don't have a SS # or driver's license; you're likely to be hired over qualified candidates.

Why?

• Embrace the kitsch!

Similarly, I heard that in the 90's, they tried to avoid hiring anyone who was a DL fan, probably because of the direction they were taking the park at that time (Pre$$ler era). IDK if it's still that way or not.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Just curious. Does Disney drug test?

There's FUD if I've ever heard it.
    Last edited by mrfantasmic; 10-08-2010 at 10:57 AM.

• Minion

If you do get offered a position make sure you stick to your guns and insist on something you want.

When I went in for my interview they were hiring for all positions and they first offered me a position in foods. They try and entice you by saying you make a little more money and the hours are better but I specifically wanted to work in attractions so I asked about working in attractions and they said that those positions were also available but wouldn't I rather work in foods? No. O.k. then attractions it is!

and for the remark about getting hired if you can't speak english or have a ss# or drivers license....you have any proof of this or are you simply from AZ?

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Just curious. Does Disney drug test?
    it depends on your role

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
    Random question... the OP said that he/she applied for the job "months" ago and that Disney is just now getting around to having he/she interview. Is this normal?
    My boyfriend applied in May and didn't hear anything til the beginning of September. He starts training on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    \
    BTW, I dont know how many openings there are right now, but I do know that if you get hired, you'll probably find out at the end of your interview.
    yeah... my boyfriend found out he got the job at the end of his interview.

• M's mommy

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    If you do get offered a position make sure you stick to your guns and insist on something you want.

When I went in for my interview they were hiring for all positions and they first offered me a position in foods. They try and entice you by saying you make a little more money and the hours are better but I specifically wanted to work in attractions so I asked about working in attractions and they said that those positions were also available but wouldn't I rather work in foods? No. O.k. then attractions it is!

and for the remark about getting hired if you can't speak english or have a ss# or drivers license....you have any proof of this or are you simply from AZ?
    What does being from AZ imply?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast