Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Tom Sawyer Island

Is Tom Sawyer Island currently open? I understand the fort has been closed for awhile. Does anyone have any clues as to what will become of the Island?

• New Waver

The island is open but Fort Wilderness is still closed. A little while ago they re-did a lot of things on the island like the caves.

maybe they can use it to build the Huck and Friends parking structure...

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Thanks for the info

• My Children's Father

I hear they're adding a hyper launch and loop to the pontoon bridge .....

"She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Flint

Ooh, that's cold.

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    I hear they're adding a hyper launch and loop to the pontoon bridge .....

That same line can and has been used on the boards to poke fun at the Space Mountain rumors, and I just have to say, "When does it become so repeatitive that it loses it's cleverness?"

Oh, and did you hear that fort wilderness will reopen to a Findind Nemo theme in July? I mean not to be a hypocrite or anything...
    (insert funny comment here)

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Flint

Only if it is built where I used to park on top of Golden Dreams....
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
    RE: Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    "I hear they're adding a hyper launch and loop to the pontoon bridge ....."

That same line can and has been used on the boards to poke fun at the Space Mountain rumors, and I just have to say, "When does it become so repeatitive that it loses it's cleverness?"
    I believe the verb tense you were looking for is not "does," but "did."
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• My Children's Father

You're right .... I guess ...... I'll hang it up for now ..........

(Panda shuffles off in search of a new bamboo schtick ....)
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• șoș Tom șoș

Last summer they took it down because of guest accidents were increasingly high, my understand from maintance crews I ran into was that the island was slowly being "law suit-proofed" a proccess of evaluating the danger of each area and the value of it. In some cases you will notice reconstructed bridges, walk ways lined with softer bouncy materials and other such safety measures.

I also think they should retrofit Fort Wilderness and make it into a Starbucks. Ha ha.

I'm wondering if they couldn't move the shooting gallery into the fort. Then they could replace the original entrance to Frontier Land, perhaps putting in a dark ride. Some serious changes would be necessary, but it might draw more people into the Frontierland entrance and reduce crowding in Adventureland.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Importance
    I'm wondering if they couldn't move the shooting gallery into the fort. Then they could replace the original entrance to Frontier Land, perhaps putting in a dark ride. Some serious changes would be necessary, but it might draw more people into the Frontierland entrance and reduce crowding in Adventureland.
    Maybe a Woody Roundup Ride- where you shoot guns at targets and defeat the badguys from the west and earn points- oh wait thats the Buzz ride.

Ha ha but a dark ride over there based on Western/Frontier rides would be a great idea, reduce that path area a little bit and cut into the walk way. Yeah for good dark rides, especially interactive ones!

• Reaver of Souls

My two cents, if they're going to dumb down the island (which they've already started to do with the closure of Wilderness), I say we scrap the whole concept, take a page from DLP, and rebuild Big Thunder on the island. That kills two birds with one stone - a) It gives us a new, updated (and safer!) Big Thunder and b) Doesn't require shutting down the old one while the new one is being built. Big Thunder on the island in Paris is a Blast! It adds a new feel to the ride...

Then they'll also have a huge area where the old Big Thunder is to put in something new. Or maybe another picnic area...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

So, about that fort wilderness: is it ever going to re-open? I've managed to miss it every time I've been to the park before, and now it's closed. I reeeeeeeally want to explore it. Are they really going to keep it closed for good?
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast