Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Man found injured near M&F Parking structure later dies at hospital

Selfish.

I hope no one with kids found this.

• Yeah.....

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The article doesn't say what the injuries were, which is partly why I posted this. Perhaps someone may know more details but I'm not banking on it. I am wondering if anyone saw this though. It happened last night so I'm wondering if anyone near the structure at this time would have seen police and/or paramedic vehicles or sirens.

Anyway as I said the article is not specific to the injuries. I'd assume he jumped off the top of the structure, but it also could have been a self inflicted wound of some kind. He could have jumped into the path of a car but i think the driver would have stopped. Even with a suicide note a driver could be cited for hit and run.
    I was there last night walking back to my truck on Goofy at around 10:00. I was going up the 2nd stairwell down from the escalators, but I never heard or saw any commotion anywhere.

• wishing upon a star :)

This is really sad I feel bad for the friends and family that he left behind.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If it is suicide, I find it disturbing that this is becoming more common at Disneyland. Tough enough to understand the act, doing it at a place full of children is unspeakable.
    I have to wonder if these people, who might be battling severe depression to begin with, see things that most of us smile at, and it's simply too much for them. On a good day, how many happy, smiling, laughing families or groups of friends do you see around? Not in line for the tram on the way home, mind you, but in those early morning hours when the kids are laughing and everyone seems excited about being at the park.

Just the juxtaposition of all of those happy images might be too much for those who are having a tough time to begin with. I guess maybe they aren't really thinking about the consequences of their actions at that point.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Unless your accusing them of knowing his identiy and hiding it, the only other things they could do are include photos, discuss how the economy or other social stresses may have played into this, speculate injuries or discuss other suicide attempts on property. If they had done that we would all be saying how distasteful their reporting is.
    Speculation and conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    What is it you want from them?
    My opinion of the Register was made clear in this post.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I'd suggest that my "speculation" is based on just as solid a foundation as saying that the report filed by the OC Register in this specific case is ignoring facts. On a case by case basis, the story at hand was presented clearly by the OC Register. No other media has come forward with more information.

The unfortunate nature of the case was admitted and they made no attempt to hide its location.

Thats terrible! Prob wanted to make a big scene but i mean if he was found dead that leads us to believe that no one saw him die interesting
    if ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed.

• Herr Ducktor!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I have to wonder if these people, who might be battling severe depression to begin with, see things that most of us smile at, and it's simply too much for them.
    This is an unfortunate but very worthwhile point. A seriously depressed person doesn't feel sad; they hardly feel anything at all. It's an illness that can destroy one's ability to even process the concept of happiness.

Being surrounded by people enjoying themselves can heighten a sense of disconnection from life. I have loved ones who, on their bad days, I wouldn't want to expose to Disneyland.

I'm sad that this happened, and I don't feel the need to spin it out into something amusing by speculating on cover-ups and the like. My sympathies are to the victim and his family.

• Minion

There's no really good outcome for a suicide victim's family and friends. It leaves everyone who knew the person empty and confused. All one can do is wish peace onto the family and friends and hope for better days. And peace for the victim.

• Minion

Well with no offense to the op i think the mods should move this to the litterbox or a debate thread.

It has about 10 percent to deal with disneyland and 90 percent to deal with a death of a man by suicide and discussing cover up stories. Not something a teenager on the boards or maybe a youngster should be discussing especially just milling around in the disneyland forum.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

I would think that Disney would rather have the paper mention suicide than to just put some vague headline about someone found injured. When people hear of a suicide they know it is tragic, but they understand that it happened because of someone's personal issues. Hearing about someone being "found injured" conjures up thoughts of acts outside of one's control such as an accident or a crime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123