Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Man found injured near M&F Parking structure later dies at hospital

I found this article in this morning's OC Register. It happened last night and is an apparent suicide. How sad.

Man found near Disney parking structure diesThe Orange County Register

• Banned User

Re: Man found injured near M&F Parking structure later dies at hospital

wow..that's really sad.
    I don't get why someone would want to die at Disneyland.

• Hooterville, USA

You just never know what might push people over the edge.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• =)

Very sad. Hopefully they can identify the man soon and notify the family - and my condolences to them, of course.

Folks, don't commit suicide. But if you're going to commit suicide, don't do it at Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I found this article in this morning's OC Register. It happened last night and is an apparent suicide. How sad.

Man found near Disney parking structure diesThe Orange County Register
    You'd be surprised at how often this happens. For example, You can still see the indentation in the parking lot from when a Japanese man jumped off the Magic tower at the Disneyland Hotel.

Without going into further detail, most of the time, people commit suicide at Disneyland because they know they'll be found. Its sad, but its the equivalent of the Golden Gate Bridge to people in that frame of mind.

• M's mommy

That is sad, I hope that person finally found peace.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Man "found" near Disney parking structure dies. Just "found" - you'll note that they don't go anywhere near the "S Word", and the story got two inches buried in the middle of the paper and will most likely quietly go away...

I love how Disney has the OC Register and other Mainstream Media thoroughly cowed - "We buy lots of advertising in your paper, but that can change depending on how we are treated by the Editorial and News staff."

(Wanders away humming the M.A.S.H. theme "Suicide is Painless" - even though it really isn't, for you and especially for those you leave behind. But that's a discussion for a different forum and a different time.)

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Man "found" near Disney parking structure dies. Just "found" - you'll note that they don't go anywhere near the "S Word", and the story got two inches buried in the middle of the paper and will most likely quietly go away...

I love how Disney has the OC Register and other Mainstream Media thoroughly cowed - "We buy lots of advertising in your paper, but that can change depending on how we are treated by the Editorial and News staff."

(Wanders away humming the M.A.S.H. theme "Suicide is Painless" - even though it really isn't, for you and especially for those you leave behind. But that's a discussion for a different forum and a different time.)

--<< Bruce >>--
    The story has absolutely NOTHING to do with Disneyland and Suicide's happen every day. Not every single suicide is front page news.

As it is, when a story involves a theme park it's overly dramatized anyway. I mean, the Pony Express thing at Knott's a couple of weeks ago made the national news. That would be like the fender bender I saw this morning being on CNN.

• Goofy

how sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post

--<< Bruce >>--
    Why would you take this sad story and turn it into an indictment of Disney, accusing them of purposely trying to cover it up? Very odd response.

You obviously didn't even read the 7 line article, it does indeed mention "suicide".

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Why would you take this sad story and turn it into an indictment of Disney, accusing them of purposely trying to cover it up? Very odd response.
    Speaking of odd responses, Bruce's post didn't accuse Disney of trying to cover up anything.

He simply stated a long-known fact: Orange County's "main stream media" treats bad news about Disney with extremely delicate fingers encased in kid gloves.

The juxtaposition of Pixie Dust and suicide is human drama, tragic, and news because of its collision of emotions -- anywhere, that is, except in the Anaheim and Orlando MSM. Two inches buried in the middle of the paper is typical.

Like the home town newspaper editor in Jaws said when the shark killed the boy, "I buried it on the back page with the grocery ads."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

This sounds a bit suspicious, not like suicide, but more like homicide or murder.

Timekeeper

• Metal Head loves Disney

This is sad to hear, hopefully they can identify him and contact his loved ones and tell them the tragic news, but it is kinda weird he didn't have identification on him. May he rest in peace.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The article doesn't say what the injuries were, which is partly why I posted this. Perhaps someone may know more details but I'm not banking on it. I am wondering if anyone saw this though. It happened last night so I'm wondering if anyone near the structure at this time would have seen police and/or paramedic vehicles or sirens.

Anyway as I said the article is not specific to the injuries. I'd assume he jumped off the top of the structure, but it also could have been a self inflicted wound of some kind. He could have jumped into the path of a car but i think the driver would have stopped. Even with a suicide note a driver could be cited for hit and run.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    This sounds a bit suspicious, not like suicide, but more like homicide or murder.

Timekeeper
    It mentioned foul play was not suspected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast