Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red Face The Tips, Tricks, And of course Treats to "Mickey's Halloween Party"

With Only 3 more events until my departure, and MY two events, on the 29th and 31st.

I MUST ask everyone who has gone to the halloween party, HOW should i maximize my nights at the event?

A Few questions before the chat:

1. How long do lines get for Candy?
    2. How long do lines get for Character meets?
    3. How long do lines get for attractions
    4. When are lines shortest for Characters, and candy?
    5. How long should i arrive before Halloween Screams to get a decent spot?
    6. Do some lines for candy give out BETTER candy then others?

CHAT:

If you have been, what advice would you give me? As i do want to See and do: Some character greets, Some attractions, See some Entertainment, and of course get some TREATS!

With me going two nights, would it be best to split up Candy one night, and characters another?

Ive heard reports of LONG candy and character lines.. but by what standards? i wouldnt wait longer then 10-15 mins for candy and 30 max for characters that im interested in interacting with.. Are these limits within reason for an event i paid for to have A NOT CROWDED PARK?

Any other tricks to get in as much party fun with my 10 hours of party time.. would be greatly appreciated, As this is not only for me, but for people going to the other 5 events left this halloween season

QUICK EDIT: Need to know also if anyone has gotten into the park before 3/4 early entry with a normal ticket IN costume? I BELIEVE WatchYourHeadNStep Said he entered Disneyland at 2 on a friday 4 entry..?

-Hatter
    Last edited by Hatter; 10-18-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Re: The Tips, Tricks, And of course Treats to "Mickey's Halloween Party"

In for answers

Going on Friday and could use this info too

• Minion

A good amount of people dressed up for the early entry
    Also I saw several people in costume the morning of the event. (I don't know why they were let in...)

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

Me too! I'm especially curious about the early entry in costume thing. We do not have APs and were interested in taking advantage of the extra 3 hours I've read about in other threads.

Thanks!
    Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
    http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
    http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

• Addicted to Disney

1. The longest line I waited in for a single trick or treat station was probably 2 or 3 minutes.
    2. I didn't do a single character meet, so I don't know.
    3. The longest lines I waited in was 20 minutes for Space Mountain and HMH.
    4. I think right after fireworks. We left immediately after Halloween Screams and the lines were very short. Just try to avoid getting caught in traffic after the fireworks.
    5. We got there 30 minutes before it started and were able to get a pretty decent spot.
    6. They're all pretty much the same stuff, but they do give out different "healthy treats" at a lot of different stations. These healthy treats include carrots, apples, raisins, and craisins. There is 1 station that I know of that does give out something special. At the beginning of the trick or treat trail in Tomorrowland, they give out Ghirardelli chocolate. So make sure you hit that station a couple of times if you like Ghirardelli.
    I hope this helped! I hope you have a great time!

1. How long do lines get for Candy?
    2. How long do lines get for Character meets?
    3. How long do lines get for attractions
    4. When are lines shortest for Characters, and candy?
    5. How long should i arrive before Halloween Screams to get a decent spot?
    6. Do some lines for candy give out BETTER candy then others?

Keep in mind your event might be a bit more crowded since its right at Halloween, but probably will still be pretty empty:

1. Not long, especially later in the night
    2. Only went to one in fantasy land, it took about 15 minutes at around 10:30pm.
    3. Longest line is 15-20 minutes. Most are walk ons, although Fantasy land seemed to fill up (all the parents with kids), but the e-ticket lines were quite fast.
    4. later in evening
    5. We got there 15 minutes and had a crappy spot, but once it started we were able to move dead center in front, since its not very crowded and people will shuffle a bit if you spot an empty area. Dont stand to the left of the castle (like we did) or you wont see anything (which is why we shuffled our way to a new spot)
    6. Some candy stations give out Ghirardelli, they have the longest lines.

Also, We got there at 6 (wanted to get there at 4) on the Friday event, and the place was mobbed, turned out we didn't miss much by not getting in early. Space Mountain had a 75 minute wait time. We ended up just eating while everyone got kicked out. The wait time then went to 15 minutes (it was more like 10). I would just skip the rides until 7pm, maybe sight see or get some food. The transformation from sea of humanity to a nearly empty park is quite amazing and well worth the price of admission.
    Last edited by brian11811; 10-18-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    A good amount of people dressed up for the early entry
    Also I saw several people in costume the morning of the event. (I don't know why they were let in...)
    Well supposedly there is an un-written rule that DL isnt announcing to the public that you CAN get in, in the mornings/ afternoons before the party's even early entry.. Glad to hear you saw people in costume before 3/4PM

And THANK YOU BRIAN AND DISNEY MANIAC

• I love that tiny bear!

When we went on Friday we saw 20 minutes or so posted for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We waited probably 25+ minutes for HMH and about the same for Space Mountain (I think the latter was posted at 30 or 35 minutes). The line for Peter Pan's Flight at 11:50 PM or so looked almost exactly the same at the Friday party as it was Saturday night.

Some other rides definitely had shorter lines, but we found it to be pretty crowded--more crowded than our last two trips to the park. I know the waits were way better than they were on the following day (Saturday), but I was expecting shorter lines so I found that a bit disappointing.

We waited a bit over 30 minutes and met Captain Jack Sparrow after fireworks. I've heard several different people were able to meet the princesses at the end of the night with little or no wait.

When we went, the line by Innoventions had Ghirardelli (two squares) and the line for that trail was almost non-existent. Other than that, it was pretty much all name-brand candy, primarily chocolate and then some Skittles and Tootsie Rolls (chocolate and flavored).

In theory I have heard the lines loop right around (you can get in on one side and then loop around to go the other direction). In reality we didn't observe that at Innoventions (it seemed to be a one-way line) and the other lines formed on both sides, so to loop around would greatly increase the wait time. Sometimes one direction for the line was very slow and the other was considerably quicker!

You can get an adequate spot for Halloween Screams fairly close to showtime, but we drastically underestimated the amount of time it would take to work through the crowds, so that led to a lot of stress.

I'd figure to take it easy and if you want to do HMH or Space Mountain, I'd think the later in the night, the better. But the same holds true for candy trails and many meet and greets!

• A Suitcase & A Dream

What time is the cavalcade on Tuesdays?

• Addicted to Disney

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    What time is the cavalcade on Tuesdays?
    The cavalcade is at 8:15 and 10:15 on tuesdays.

What time is the cavalcade on Friday's?

Bump. :P and that makes me nervous gadget doesnt sound like the things i wanted to hear.. I thought the whole point of the part is to extra halloween festivities in little to no crowds.. -__-

So it sounds like one night i need to trick or treat, and another character meets, with attractions and the cavlecade/fireworks to maximize and not get bit of candy and bit of characters with walking and waiting.

Oh i hope lines arent very long thats the main reason i was so excited to go to this event.. disney please dont let me down

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I've been twice now but everyone is going to experience the party differently.
    1. How long do lines get for Candy? Lines can be anywhere from short to ridiculously long. Usually we only went to the ones with no line (the spots run out of both sides so sometimes there's a 5 minute line on one side and nothing on the other)
    2. How long do lines get for Character meets? Lines vary for characters too. Mickey was 45 minutes the first night. We waited 30 for the princesses and probably 20-30 for the villains. The Brer's had no line neither did Pooh & Tigger. Jack and Sally each had huge lines as did the Pirate local w/ Peter & Sparrow (they switch w/ each other). Jessie & Woody had probably 15 minute lines, Buzz kinda just danced around and posed at his club thing.
    3. How long do lines get for attractions This I can't give you an accurate idea of b/c both times we went we didn't go on rides really. The first night we went on Peter (which was 10 minutes 0_0), Snow and the Carrousel with like no line. Mansion was like 30 minutes or something and ghost galaxy was like 40 the one time we checked (but I think it went down later)
    4. When are lines shortest for Characters, and candy? I couldn't tell you. Probably closer to the end of the night if you're staying til midnight. Seems like lots of people clear out after the fireworks
    5. How long should i arrive before Halloween Screams to get a decent spot? We got there 30 minutes before and watched it from the hub and 20 minutes before and watched it near Tomorrowland (which is the best side to watch it from) and saw really well both times.
    6. Do some lines for candy give out BETTER candy then others? A few lines have Ghiredelli chocolate (I spelled that wrong I know) and they always had huge lines (but only like 5 minutes at the most). The rest is just kinda the stuff you can get anywhere.
    There you go. Any other questions just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    I've been twice now but everyone is going to experience the party differently.
    1. How long do lines get for Candy? Lines can be anywhere from short to ridiculously long. Usually we only went to the ones with no line (the spots run out of both sides so sometimes there's a 5 minute line on one side and nothing on the other)
    2. How long do lines get for Character meets? Lines vary for characters too. Mickey was 45 minutes the first night. We waited 30 for the princesses and probably 20-30 for the villains. The Brer's had no line neither did Pooh & Tigger. Jack and Sally each had huge lines as did the Pirate local w/ Peter & Sparrow (they switch w/ each other). Jessie & Woody had probably 15 minute lines, Buzz kinda just danced around and posed at his club thing.
    3. How long do lines get for attractions This I can't give you an accurate idea of b/c both times we went we didn't go on rides really. The first night we went on Peter (which was 10 minutes 0_0), Snow and the Carrousel with like no line. Mansion was like 30 minutes or something and ghost galaxy was like 40 the one time we checked (but I think it went down later)
    4. When are lines shortest for Characters, and candy? I couldn't tell you. Probably closer to the end of the night if you're staying til midnight. Seems like lots of people clear out after the fireworks
    5. How long should i arrive before Halloween Screams to get a decent spot? We got there 30 minutes before and watched it from the hub and 20 minutes before and watched it near Tomorrowland (which is the best side to watch it from) and saw really well both times.
    6. Do some lines for candy give out BETTER candy then others? A few lines have Ghiredelli chocolate (I spelled that wrong I know) and they always had huge lines (but only like 5 minutes at the most). The rest is just kinda the stuff you can get anywhere.

There you go. Any other questions just let me know
    So 5 mins is "long" for candy? And it seems the only attractions with long waits are mansion, and GG.. everything else is 10-15mins?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast