Tangled sequence for world of color (Potential Spoiler Warning)

Hey guys! I know the movie doesn't come out until november but I remember Steve Davison talking about how he heard the Tangled score and said it could possibly be included it in a future update for world of color. I was thinking of how some ideas could work. From what i have heard rapunzel's hair has the magic power of healing. I found the song "Incantation" from the film and thought of a concept. From the song one can tell that Rapunzel is calling upon the magic of the hair to heal something or someone. So the idea i came up with could fit in place of the beast transformation sequence eventually. The enchanted song "so close" ends as usual with the lyrics ..."so close...so far.." and instead of the beast and bell appearing, Rapunzel appears before flynn on the center mist screen. She begins to sing the spell in the clip below and her hair magically turns to a shimmering yellow. (Her hair would flow off the mist screen and around the lagoon through yellow fountains, think how the river is done in the pocahontas sequence). Her magic heals the tears and sorrow of the so close sequence and leads to the original true love's kiss sequence with snow white and the prince, aurora and phillip, belle and the human beast, tiana and naveen, cinderella, and now rapunzel and flynn.

YouTube - #8 - Incantation - From Disney's Tangled (sub pt)

Here's a photo of what the mist screen would depict

What do you guys think?

Re: Tangled sequence for world of color (Potential Spoiler Warning)

MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR spoilers for Tangled in this post. Don't read if you don't want BIG GIANT ENDING spoilers. Seriously. Warning you.

There's actually a better scene for this- Flynn gets majorly hurt by Madame Gothel, but Rapunzel's hair has been cut. She cries over him, and, with the last of her magic, heals him. Definitely fits for the sad/sweet combination of So Close.
    Buuuut I really like the glowing hair idea, and obviously this scene wouldn't have it... so hmm, dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR spoilers for Tangled in this post. Don't read if you don't want BIG GIANT ENDING spoilers. Seriously. Warning you.

There's actually a better scene for this- Flynn gets majorly hurt by Madame Gothel, but Rapunzel's hair has been cut. She cries over him, and, with the last of her magic, heals him. Definitely fits for the sad/sweet combination of So Close.
    Buuuut I really like the glowing hair idea, and obviously this scene wouldn't have it... so hmm, dunno.
    . I had that scene in mind as well but didn't want to put the ending down lol. That idea is a great one too

• Banned User

I REALLY like the idea, and I'd personally vote for adding it, but, just playing devil's advocate here: Beauty and the Beast is probably one of the biggest, most popular animated films ever created, and I know for me, and probably with a lot of other people, I get teary eyed through the whole song of "So Close", but as soon as it gets quiet, and all you hear is Belle saying "I Love You", and the song finishes, that's when the floodgates open for me. I'd think it'd be a relatively good sized risk to take inputting this new film which hasn't been fully shown to the public yet, over a big scene such as the one currently there.

Just my .02 cents.

(PS: Imagine the "hair" in the scene...you can have a trail of small yellow fountains weave around the platform and mist screens.)

• Nutty about Disney parks

Depends on whether or not Tangled becomes a box office hit. If not we can forget a future version featuring anything from Tangled at all.