Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• DisneylandDan

Disneyland TV the show

Anyone know if theres some sort of box set of "Disneyland" the show. I think this would be so cool to own all the episodes from the beggining when Walt was first talking about Disneyland to the very end in the 80s. I sure hope there is.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

•   
    • Minion

Re: Disneyland TV the show

The whole show isn't available on DVD yet...

You can purchase a few of the ephisodes one the "Walt Disney Treasures" series... Particularly Tomorrowland set... The Disneyland USA set has the first ephisode...

There is a great deal of TV programming Disney has not released on DVD... I am still waiting for a collection of the 70's Mickey Mouse Club... I will be waiting for a long time...

I just want to hear that "discovery" song once more before I become ash...
    Check out my other blog:

• DisneylandDan

So the tommorowland one does have some good footage or no??? I was under the impression it didnt. I was told Disneyland USA was not worth the 20 bucks as well. Thanks

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

• CM for 4 years!

The Pirates of the Carribbean DVD has a segment from an episode of the Wonderful WOrld of Color about the attraction.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster
    So the tommorowland one does have some good footage or no??? I was under the impression it didnt. I was told Disneyland USA was not worth the 20 bucks as well. Thanks
    I have both of those titles and to me there are priceless to me. The Tomorrowland dvd has a section of Walt discussing his dreams of Epcot, the entire segment. This was filmed a couple of months before he died. It is very informative. The Disneyland USA dvd does have 4 segments, one is the opening day television premiere of Disneyland on opening day. Another epsiode has Walt discussing the plans for Disneyland. Another episode is about Disneylands 10th anniversary and the final one is called Disneyland after dark. They are all great episodes and are worht having as part of your collection.

I too have both the Disneyland USA and Tomorrowland DVD sets, and like TENORDRUMMER said, they're priceless. Both WELL worth the money, if you love old footage of Walt, Disneyland and the behind-the-scenes stuff.

I also recorded a number of the Disneyland (Wonderful World of Color, etc) programs off of the Disney channel, back when they had the Vault Disney segment on in the wee hours. I'm still really ticked that they decided to take that off and put on the usual junk they show during the day in its place. I'm hoping some day they will either decide to offer the entire series on DVD or at least bring back Vault Disney.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    I too have both the Disneyland USA and Tomorrowland DVD sets, and like TENORDRUMMER said, they're priceless. Both WELL worth the money, if you love old footage of Walt, Disneyland and the behind-the-scenes stuff.

I also recorded a number of the Disneyland (Wonderful World of Color, etc) programs off of the Disney channel, back when they had the Vault Disney segment on in the wee hours. I'm still really ticked that they decided to take that off and put on the usual junk they show during the day in its place. I'm hoping some day they will either decide to offer the entire series on DVD or at least bring back Vault Disney.
    I have both sets, too, and, I agree, they are very special. The "Disneyland" television series was the most popular program on television for more than a decade, and these episodes reveal why.

They're both essential, especially to anyone interested in Disneyland or nuclear physics or rocket science or urban planning or....

Walt Disney was truly a renaissance man.

I happened to smuggle "A Further Progress Report on Disneyland" out of The Company, and I must say that that episode was arguably the best of the shows related to the opening of Disneyland.

The episode aired one week prior to July 17, 1955, and the excitement was palpable. Walt Disney had spent a year building anticipation for Disneyland, so the program was really the culmination of all those efforts. I would love for Disney to make the title available to the public.

You can also count me among those who miss the episodes of the "Disneyland" television series that were shown on The Disney Channel as part of Vault Disney. Anymore, that network just makes me sick.

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Question Re: Disneyland TV the show

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    The Pirates of the Carribbean DVD has a segment from an episode of the Wonderful WOrld of Color about the attraction.

melmel,

A POTC DVD? Can you give more info on this DVD, title, etc? Anyone?

Thanks!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah...Open up the Vault!

Thankfully, I taped all of those old shows while the Disney channel still had the Vault airing. The opening day one is my favorite, but I really like all of them.

That would be a DVD series that would sell out overnight.

Hello...knock, knock. Disney suits, are you listening???

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster
    I personally love the Disneyland DVD set. It has the episode where Walt introduces us to Disneyland a year before it was built and shows us all the models and introduces us to all the lands (episode shown in entirety), It has the unedited version of all the opening day ceremonies, it has Disneylands 10th anniversary show (Where Walt talks about POTC, HM, shows a parade at Disneylands 10th anniversary, and shows Walt even riding some of the Matterhorn, shows Mary Blair working on Small World, and I think it has footage of Walt walking the orange orchards that were there before Disneyland was built) (episode also shown in entirety), and it also has a special called Disneyland after dark where you get to see famous Musicians like Annette Funicello, Louie Armstrong, the Osmonds, and others performing at Disneyland during the night time. I really love all the archived footage.

Plus on the Disney Treasures "Disneyland" DVD a bonus feature you get to see is all of the ride attraction posters from Disneyland.

The POTC: Curse of the Black pearl DVD is great. You get to basically ride the original POTC ride in its entirety as it looked back when it first opened~~That is on the second disc though. Plus you get to see ride models, some AA figures, the construction of parts of the ride, the opening ceremonies, and the ride itself.

Disneyland DVD is worth the money if you like to watch vintage Disneyland shows and want to see more of how the park looked back then. I must say, it looks really different back then than today. I highly recommend you get the Disney Treasures Disneyland DVD.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    The whole show isn't available on DVD yet...

There is a great deal of TV programming Disney has not released on DVD... I am still waiting for a collection of the 70's Mickey Mouse Club... I will be waiting for a long time...
    I had such a crush on Mouseteer Kelly. *sigh* I was like 8 at the time...

I also loved the Wonderful World of Disney. We used to watch it every Snday night...

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    I happened to smuggle "A Further Progress Report on Disneyland" out of The Company, and I must say that that episode was arguably the best of the shows related to the opening of Disneyland.
    I agree.

Here's a question: in this particular episode, Winston Hibbler states that the plans for Sleeping Beauty Castle come from France, "buried away in some dusty archive." This goes against the popular notion that the castle was designed after castle Neuschwanstein, at least in my opinion.

Off topic, I know. But at least I know someone else has seen this episode and has heard this comment.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Former Epcot CM

You can get every Walt Disne Treasures DVD in the UK EXCEPT the Disneyland related ones. GGGRRR
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    I agree.

Here's a question: in this particular episode, Winston Hibbler states that the plans for Sleeping Beauty Castle come from France, "buried away in some dusty archive." This goes against the popular notion that the castle was designed after castle Neuschwanstein, at least in my opinion.

Off topic, I know. But at least I know someone else has seen this episode and has heard this comment.
    I know. I questioned the way Hibbler's script was written, too.

Sleeping Beauty Castle is not supposed to have any real-world equivalent, but the appearance of the structure is clearly more Bavarian than French, since it was originally intended for Snow White.

I have a feeling that the screenwriter, or Hibbler, himself, thought that the line you mentioned was merely a fanciful way to explain the footage of the construction of the castle. Since "Sleeping Beauty" is a French story, Hibbler says that the plans for the castle were discovered in France.

I don't think the line is meant to be taken seriously, though.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 11-17-2005 at 03:41 PM.

That's an interesting take on it. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I guess I take stuff way too literally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast