• Proud Narnian

Traveling between Narnia, Camelot, and The Midlands

Smile FanaticFangirl's Birthday Trip Oct. 17-18, 2010

Oct 17, Day 1:

I started my morning like any other: waking up at a few minutes before 7am. *headdesk* I was planning on leaving earlier for Disneyland. But not THAT early! Sheesh!!

The original plan was to only go for the one day. But I had saved a lot and spent not as much money I had planned on. I had the day off the next day, so, I figured, way not? The first thing I did was go online and did some research on the Good Neighbor hotels. After a while I found the right one for my budget AND the closest one to the Entrance to Disneyland: The Carousel Inn!

So, after I showered and had a breakfast with brother John and my mom, we headed down Harbor Blvd. Mom dropped me off at the Hotel, where the held my stuff, while I got to play at my favorite place in the world: Disneyland!

First order of business?

Just so you know, I'm the one in the second row.

By the time I was finished, it was almost time for the noon Micechat Meet. I hadn't been to a meet, in, like, FOREVER! So, I was really looking forward to go. On the way from Tomorrowland to the Hub I snapped a few shots:

At the meet I met some new faces, but old names (Hi Dusty!), along with some new faces and some new names (Whom I cannot remember their names to save my life. I'm sorry!!!)

On our way to lunch:

Lunch!!

After some more chatting and riding the Silly Symphony Swings (for the first time for me, btw. And it was way more fun than when t was that ridiculous Orange of Silliness), I snapped a few shots as I left to go check-in and take a well needed nap.

Can't wait to ride Mermaid!

Some more shots as I made my way through:

I passed a Bug's Land and decided to make a little Detour.

Guess which ride I was dieing to ride?

I checked-in, took a nap, ordered Chinese food (I know I had it for lunch, but that craving just wouldn't die! Lol!!

My view:

Not bad for a $110 a night eh?

After I watched the World of Color (heard was more like it, but it was still cool to watch the Mickey's Fun Wheel and all the fire and search light interaction), I took a nigh bath and went to bed.

I will post Part Two sometime tomorrow . . . .

• Minion

Re: FanaticFangirl's Birthday Trip Oct. 17-18, 2010

ahh u should have recorded the fire scene from your room I've been searching for a view far away, to see how bright the fire looks other than that cool TR

• Future Princess

Nice TR
    Great photos too!
    "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

• Whip cracker

Great photos!
    If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

• Proud Narnian

Oct. 18, Day 2:

I woke up the next morning at around 7:30 . . . . am. Isn't it supposed to be my day off? Stupid internal clock ruining my sleeping in time!!

The hotel didn't have a room service, like I mentioned in Part 1. The room did have a microwave, so I ate Chinese for breakfast. Yes, I am over Chinese food for the next week or two.

I took a shower and a bath afterwards. I love my baths like I love Disneyland lol!!

The crowds in the Park was nice and thinned out. I walked down NOS and didn't bump or collide into ANY strollers or people as I made my way to HM Holiday and Pirates. Which is saying something because that's how I know how crowded the Park is, is by how many strollers and people I walk into down NOS.

After NOS I walked around MS and snapped a few shots around the Castle.

Then I went on the Matterhorn:

Took some pics around Pixie Hallow (Mainly the water feature) :

At the Tomorrowland Entrance:

Lunch at the Pizza Port was next. They were actually empty seats. I almost died of shock. Every time I go the place is always packed!

After lunch I rode SM Ghost Galaxy again. The wait time was 30 min. So don't worry, I had time for my food to digest.

When I exited the Star Trader, it began to rain. It wasn't a pouring rain. But it wasn't the drizzle like we've been getting here in SoCal. It was coming down pretty good. Luckily, I had come prepared.

I went over to the bakery down MS and grabbed a souvenir cup with the Hot Carmel Apple Cider and a chocolate chip cookie.

Thankfully I found a dry table and chair under one of the yellow umbrellas down Main Street. As it rained I people watched for a while while I ate my cookie and sipped my Carmel Apple Cider.

Once it stopped I headed over to Fantasyland.

While I was there I wanted to ride IASW before they added the Holiday overlay:

As much as I dislike the american portion, I do adore this little cowboy.

I was going to the Princess Fantasy Fair, but the line was so long and too many spoiled bratty girls were whining. I get enough of that at work, so I past on the Fantasy Fair.

Then, I made my way back to sit and people watch some more. By this time my feet were getting tired. I took this while sitting down on one of the benches:

Went back over to Fantasyland to hit up some rides. First I rode Peter Pan, which was probably the longest wait time of the whole trip. It would have been shorter, but the ride broke down as I was waiting in line.

Then I went over to Snow White's Scary Adventure. I thought the the Dwarf's mining cart I got was fitting:

Then:

I then went and did some birthday shopping with some of my birthday money and then headed home.

Well, there you have it! It was really a great finish to an absolute awesome birthday!

• Proud Narnian

A tour of my room and a quick Vlog:

YouTube - Vlog18: Disneyland Birthday of Awesome!