Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I'm a Lutheran

Zombie apocalypse at disneyland!!!!

I'm a horror/monster movie junkie so I just couldn't resist making a thread like this. Forgive me if this topic has been done before.

Anyways, one of the most interesting scenarios (And an interesting movie concept) that pops into my mind at the moment is that of a zombie apocalypse at Disneyland. How would people react? What would happen? Can you imagine the living dead roaming the park in search of mortal prey? Or what if a giant monster along the lines of Godzilla or King Kong suddenly appeared and to wreak havoc? So many possibilities.

So here's a fun Halloween game. Explain what you would do in such a monstrous (Pun very much intended) situation of any kind, whether it be zombies, mutants, monsters, vampires, ghosts, goblins, ghouls, werewolves, evil clowns, poltergeists, banshees, witches, warlocks, evil wizards, giant sharks, nasty piranhas, swamp monsters, Frankenstein creatures, dragons, centaurs, minotaurs, three-headed dogs, hydras, Death Eaters, Storm Troopers, abominable snowmen, yetis, Bigfoot, Loch Ness monster, giants, trolls, ogres, demons, dinosaurs, etc.

1. A Zombie Apocalypse- First things first, I would attempt to keep calm (Even though I wouldn't be able to, lol). The massive amount of crowds at the park would run like mad and of course knock people over, trample others, break stuff, etc. It's be scary when you think about it. This situation would really bring out the worst in people and it'd be just tragic to see people who wouldn't be able to survive the madness and those few brave cast members who are attempting to keep things calm. Soon enough the park would be emptied of the living and left to the dead...and undead..., the park would obviously be quarantined for the benefit of the public...but what about those few unlucky people left behind?

First of all I'd find some blunt object or projectile (Which would be hard to find) to use as a weapon. Chairs, stools, anything would really work. To make things interesting I'm going to assume the zombies are fast-moving and extremely powerful like they are in the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake (Scary stuff right there). I would first attempt to find a place AWAY from the zombies. But where? The park is so big and the possibilities are endless. And judging by the amount of guests, the zombies could be ANYWHERE. I'd probably attempt to make my way on top of the Mark Twain if possible. To begin with it's high in the air, zombies can't climb very well (Unless these zombies are like rabid monkeys when it comes to this task), and the boat is in the middle of the water. Zombies can't swim...or can they? Next place would be somewhere on the Jungle Cruise. There's lots of foliage to hide in and the rivers would hopefully serve as a barrier. But keep in mind that the train tracks run behind the African Veldt, and any zombies on or near the train would easily be able to climb on over. Some scenes are RIGHT behind Main Street too...go figure...I would probably go near the Safari Camp, probably the best bet. Other options: Cast member-restricted areas. Hopefully none of the cast members were converted into ferocious beasts. There are doors that can be blocked by large objects and locked, there are plenty of rooms, and all that other stuff. Space Mountain might be another good choice. It'd be hard to get in there though. The Matterhorn's secret basketball court would be a great place too:1. There are more than likely snack machines up there. 2. There are plenty of objects to throw down the mountain at the zombies. 3. You're REALLY high up. 4. The only downside is it'd be really hard to get up there. It'd also be a pain to get down to get provisions and whatnot.

Bad places to be: The submarines. Imagine being stuck in a claustrophobic submarine with no power, underwater, in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Not a good place to be. No escape. No cell phone reception. No power. Yikes. Tom Sawyer's Island. While it's isolated by water, it'd be really scary to be there, especially if zombies roam in the area. Imagine walking through Injun Joe's Cave then suddenly being attacked unexpectedly. Same case with Indiana Jones, particularly in the queue. If the ride was still operating though, I'd just ride the jeeps over and over again to run over any creatures and enjoy the fact that I don't have to wait in line.

"They're coming to get you Mickey!"
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Nutty guy from Canada

Re: Zombie apocalypse at disneyland!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Same case with Indiana Jones, particularly in the queue. If the ride was still operating though, I'd just ride the jeeps over and over again to run over any creatures and enjoy the fact that I don't have to wait in line.
    Until the inevitable breakdown of the ride. Then you're toast.

That said, I hate horror movies off almost all kinds except for Zombies. Not sure why but I would hate to see my beloved Disneyland overrun by Zombies. But if it did you've got some good ideas.
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Booked Trip: DLR November 2015
    Planned Trip: WDW March 2019

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

• Minion

I believe Miramax once did a horror picture of high school teachers being abducted and turned into droid humans or something like that. Do you mean something like that? Maybe CMs could be body snached and take over guest's bodies and invade the world.

• A Weather Eye Open

I just read the opening to this, and thought, I'd have to take the columbia for a spin if there were a zombie attack... and find some ammo for that little cannon!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• White Water Snacker!

I'd run into Winnie the Pooh. Not even zombies would follow you there.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^lol

Now on to a serious note, if zombies attacks I think being on a boat seems like a safe bet, to be honest it would be kinda fun having to make food runs threw out the park for a couple of months until we would have to leave and go to DCA. I know for sure I would want to walk through any of the rides when I thought it was safe. Too bad they can't come out with a real game about this type of scenarios (both Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising are ok but not really as cool as having to survive in a theme park)

Just get on the monorail to the hotel. The zombies can't get up to the beam and if they're at the hotel, you can sail right through and sit above an open area.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT

At the end of Zombieland they are in a theme park. Its a pretty cool scene. Especially when he runs in thru the haunted house (in this case the haunted mansion) and not only animatronic monsters are there but real zombies too.

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Or what if a giant monster along the lines of Godzilla or King Kong suddenly appeared and to wreak havoc?
    Sorry, but I can't resist posting this.

Would this count?

Ok back to topic.

I'm not a big fan of the zombie apocalypse type stuff, but everynow and then I think it'd be interesting to be in that situation, especially at DL.
    To get away from the zombies, i'd hijack one of the operating steam engines and keep going around the park. The only parts I would most likely get killed is when I need to stop for water or fuel, and if there is another stopped engine in front of me then I would slam into it causing the engine to either, 1. too damaged to run, 2. the force of the impact would cause a rupture in the boiler and it would explode killing any zombies, and me, in the immediate area.
    Last edited by DisneyTrains; 10-21-2010 at 12:46 PM.

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

• Disneyland History Lover

Kalogridis: "I knew the Maliboomer would've come in handy someday!" [face_palm]

I had a dream about this about a week ago how creepy
    if ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed.

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Too bad they can't come out with a real game about this type of scenarios (both Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising are ok but not really as cool as having to survive in a theme park)
    It's not built in, but you can download for Left 4 Dead 2 a zombie apocalypse in Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones.

PoC: YouTube - Zombies of the Caribbean L4D2 map with zombie horde enabled

IJToD: YouTube - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Zombies Free-Ride HQ

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTrains View Post
    It's not built in, but you can download for Left 4 Dead 2 a zombie apocalypse in Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones.

PoC: YouTube - Zombies of the Caribbean L4D2 map with zombie horde enabled

IJToD: YouTube - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Zombies Free-Ride HQ
    Yeah the min I get Left 4 Dead I'm going to get those Maps, what I ment is a it would be cool if you were trapped in a theme park and it was an open world, kinda like Zombieland but as a Video Game.

Eeeeek!

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

i think i would be very tempted to go out in style and act out the final scenes of zombieland. i know that is most likely the exact same answer you where hoping you wouldn't get, but i couldn't resist!
    Spoiler
    in the final scene of zombieland, a character jumps onto a roller coaster AND SHOOTS ZOMBIES WITH A SHOTGUN WHILE RIDING THE DAME COASTER! which makes me think that Disneyland really needs a roller coaster that uses the same gimmick as midway mania and buzz light years Astor blaster
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast