Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Another Super-Excessive Melonballer Trip Report: A Bold New Epic Tale of Amazement.

Years ago I created a trip report so large, it could only be described as "excessive" and "super-big". That legendary report can be found here.

Melonballer's excessive super-big Trip Report!

Now it is time for another report of earth-shattering scale. It is time for

Another Super-Excessive Melonballer Trip Report: A Bold New Epic Tale of Amazement.

So let's get started.

Day 1: I Know What We are Going to do Today.

It started like most Disney trips I go on. No sleep, trip to the airport, uneventful flight, trip to hotel and then a brisk walk to the park.

And Now, what you all came to see, the Backside of the Turnstile pumpkins!

Look, flowers!

Oooo! Kalamazoo.

Hooray for mailboxes. I do love how they are actual mailboxes and not just decoration.

A Main Street Window.

And now to check out the wait times.

Ahh nuts. Still it would get a lot worse.

Horsey.

I went and grabbed lunch at the Bengal Barbecue. It was one of the places I had not been to in my previous visits and I wanted to knock it off my list. Afterwards I grabbed a fastpass for Big Thunder and headed into Fantasyland. I wanted to see which villians were out.

Captain Hook

Jafar

And the Evil Queen.

She insisted that she knew me from somewhere, but we had never met. I could make a joke about meeting once upon a dream, but that is the wrong movie. She asked me to look evil, but man I was too happy to be back in Disneyland. All I could do was smile. In case I annoyed her I am avoiding apples.

Then it was back to Frontierland for the wildest ride in the wilderness.

Not my train.

I spent some time wandering and people watching. Just soaking up the Disneyland after a 4 year abscence.

That gets boring after awhile, and it is time for another ride.

Hi Bird.

Hi Tiger.

Hi Veldt Voyuers (seriously, they are just standing there watching the Lions eat).

After the Happiest Cruise in Adventureland it was time for another Disneyland Classic. That's right, it is time for...

Lighting Photography.

Aww yeah. No but seriously, I wanted to try out the new Tomorrowland Terrace Menu. Angus Burger ahoy!

Much better than the burgers I remember, thought not as good as the Blazing Onion.

After dinner, I headed into Pixie Hollow. The pixies were not home at the time, so I just got some pictures of the surroundings.

Halloween Tree.

I checked out the pin store and other such things. Then I got a call from some fellow northwesterners who were in the park. They were hanging at the Plaza Inn, waiting for fireworks. So off I went to visit for a bit. While we visited, I mentioned having been on only 2 rides so far that day. Well that would never do, so off we went to rectify that situation.

After blasting through Space Mountain, and visiting Harold in the Matterhorn, we checked into the Mansion. This is the only picture I got that was worth posting. No Flash used.

After a fun time with friends (thanks IHD and DB) I headed out of the park to meet up with another friend and to see ElecTRONica.

After I left Flynn's I finally found my local contact, Coheteboy. CB and I had never met. We started trading pins for toys a few years ago and sure enough, I found him taking pictures of Tron toys in the End of Line bar.

This is the only time when flashing a Disney employee has a good effect.

CB and I caught a performance by Laserman.

It is a kind of cool show. The only problem is that it is a little repetitive. How many times do we have to see him spin the lasers?

Then it is off to see the Tron Preview.

It was really cool, especially with the in house effects. The crowd loved it. After the preview the park was closed, so CB and I headed to Disneyland for the rest of the evening. We took a ride on Pirates of the Carribbean and bought some pins at Little Green Men. By that time I had been up almost 35 hours and was losing coherence. We decided it would be a good idea for me to go and get some rest. So we went our seperate ways I and got some sleep.

NEXT TIME!

I visit Parrots! I meet Mary Marvel and Batman! I ACTUALLY spend time with my family!. All these things and more, coming soon.

• wishing upon a star :)

Re: Another Super-Excessive Melonballer Trip Report: A Bold New Epic Tale of Amazemen

Awesome trip report so far! I'm looking forward to the rest! And a 4 year absence from Disneyland?? I would go crazy! haha

• Metal Head loves Disney

Re: Another Super-Excessive Melonballer Trip Report: A Bold New Epic Tale of Amazemen

Quote Originally Posted by PinkElephant View Post
    Awesome trip report so far! I'm looking forward to the rest! And a 4 year absence from Disneyland?? I would go crazy! haha
    I've gone that long without visiting the park, but after returning from such a long absence, it feels like an old friend has welcomed you back.

Great TR so far, can't wait for the rest.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Fantastic start!! So..... where's the rest?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for these great shots, MB! Looking forward to more.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'm jealous you got to meet Coheteboy. I really want to meet him! haha
    Nice report.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• wanderlust

A great start to a great trip report! I can't way to see more! It's also killing me with anticipation, I'm at work right now and right at 5 I'm heading to the Halloween Party at Disneyland! Currently living vicariously through trip reports.
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

• in the Golden Afternoon

Oohh can't wait for more!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Very nice trip report. Great to see you last Friday!
    Mike

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

Seriously, 4 years between trips?!? I could never wait that long. Great TR so far...

• Animation Domination

Thanks for the wonderful trip report. It was nice to meet you at the Sunday noon meet.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Wanna be Sub Mermaid

So exciting...!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Great report thus far, MB and great to finally meet you. I didn't realize you and CB had never met before.

Looking forward to the rest of the report.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I'm jealous you got to meet Coheteboy. I really want to meet him! haha
    Nice report.
    Izzy, he got to meet someone even better than CB - me!

• No Title for you

Great photo's Melonballer!

Disney Dedication: Staying up for 35 hours straight to enjoy your first day to the parks in years to the fullest.

Seriously dude, that's hardcore. For anyone else that can accomplish this without their mind exploding (such as mine would) I think you should get a medal/pin or something
    Just another DL fan

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post

Izzy, he got to meet someone even better than CB - GBR!
    had to fix that for you

great trip report!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast