Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Blew By You

Re: Disneyland From a Walt Disney World Fan's Perspective: Our First Disneyland Trip

OK now I'm really getting jealous of people taking pictures which are works of art. Very good pics, some too incredible.
    But...Mr. Toad is an opening day attraction. No fair criticizing it.
    And so true about the sorry parade you saw. I would not stop to see it even when I could.
    And...sorry for your wife's grief. My wife had a similiar experience, losing her sister then the next day, after we had promised our daughter that we would go to Disneyland, we did so. My wife had a good enough time but there was certainly difficult moments which memories opened up. So glad you had the courage to do the trip.

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

Re: Disneyland From a Walt Disney World Fan's Perspective: Our First Disneyland Trip

WOW it took me about 45 mins to go through your whole TR. with the combo of awesome commentary and AMAZING photos. it was that great took me forever just looking at the pics. No doubt that this is one of the best trip reports i have ever seen.

I'm suprised you guys actually liked DCA!!! in my opinion it's the worst DISNEY park i've been in. hopefully it gets better after the billion dollar makeover.

It sucks to know WOC diddn't live up to your expectations. At first i diddn't like it as much, but at the second time i was assigned in the BLUE section (closer to show) i was blown away on how awesome it is! that's why each time i try to get a BLUE ticket.

It also sucks to know that you guys encountered rude and vulgar people! From my experience people are more polite in WDW and TDR than in DLR. I have seen many atrocious things done by rude guest (most are probably locals) in DLR, some of which are just too graphic to mension here.

I agree with you. people shouldn't compare WDW with DLR. both are totally different experiences.

• Done with MC.

Very nice TR ~ FWIW, I felt the exact same way about the Monte Cristo (yuck).

• Circle of Ancients

First off ... AMAZING pictures.

Secondly, I don't have time to read everything right now, but will come back and do so later.

The Castle: I grew up in SoCal, so Disneyland is the park I've visited most. I totally agree with you about the DL castle. After going to WDW the Disneyland one just doesn't have the same feeling.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I took about 40 minutes but I read it! What a wonderful report!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Great trip report. I have only been to WDW once way back in the '80's, but want to go again. I've heard they added a few things since then... lol

It was quite interesting to hear your comments as a First-Timer. I agree with you on sitting at the Hungry Bear for a long time just enjoying the River and the boats going by. One of my favorite things.

I have been going to DL regularly since 1962 and am still charmed by it. As I have gotten older, I can see some of your points are valid - size of Castle, hecticness or randomness of some of the dark rides, etc - but, to us, that is part of what we know and love.

Your photography is incredible, especially your shots of the fireworks. I just have a point-n-shoot, so will never be able to capture images like those. As I was getting to your DCA part of the report, I was disappointed that none of the pictures were coming through. So, I refreshed, and there they were!

We are heading back to DL next Sunday for our anniversay (#17) and will be seeing World of Color for our first time.

And, congratulations on your marriage! Best wishes for your future!

Come back and see us again, you hear?

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

My word, these are incredible pics! Hope you enjoyed your trip across the country to DL!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

great trip report! I read through all of it Thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful wife. I do want to say my husband and I are premium AP because we LUV LUV D-Land. And I do consider myself hardcore fans we go about average 10 times a month. Someday we would like to go to WDW and experiance a diffrent D-land.

awesome trip!
    I really liked your pics, hope you don't mind if I keep one as my wallpaper. haha
    i knew the castle thing was gonna pop up, I like our castle it's the one I grew up with the one Walt saw the first castle before DIsney was even about theme parks it was there and if it where any bigger I think it would ruin the forced perspective of it all. btw Cinderella castle is beautiful but Tokyo and Paris kick it's booty. haha.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.--Albert Einstein

• Got Jack?

Just wanted to say thanks for posting such an awesome TR. I enjoyed reading your commentary as much as looking at your fantastic photos! I found many of your comments to be valid, especially the one about Tomorrowland being a disappointment. It really needs a makeover!

Being a frequent visitor to DL I would highly recommend that you plan your next trip to coincide with the Holiday season. You can then experience the Haunted Mansion and Small World Holiday overlays, which IMO are even better than the original...and don't forget that Cars Land opens in 2012!

I hope you stopped by Disneyland's City Hall to get a "My 1st Visit" button.
    Last edited by ryosh808; 10-23-2010 at 06:16 PM.

• Former DL & WDW CM

Your photography is astonishingly beautiful.

Thank you for a very insightful TR - especially for me, who grew up with DL and just recently went to WDW for the first time.

I am very sad you couldn't see the "Remember" fireworks. They don't have a Dumbo, but they make "Magical" seem kind of lame. And "Magical" is certainly not a lame fireworks show.

• Koubu Pilot

I enjoyed your photos. You can definitely do more than I can with a camera (mine is a Fuji Fine Pix or something like that plus I use a Kodak video camera that has the spring out USB). I'd say your typing out of your report is also more thorough than most. You must have put a lot of time into it. My photo trip reports are always a little lazy since I'm posting as I return from the parks every night, but the video version (Youtube user KOUTESU) is usually worked on for a couple months and gets posted kind of late much like your trip report came out a few months later than your actual trip.

Hopefully this trip allowed you to feel you were someplace familiar yet felt you had new things to see and do.

You definitely need to see Disneyland at Christmas time. I'm glad you like it's a small world, especially after the refurbishment. You need to see it's a small world holiday as the entire attraction, music included, gets a full overlay. Main St sees snow during the fireworks finale and Sleeping Beauty Castle has a winter snow overlay with nightly snow shows.

• Some imagination, huh?

Great, thoughtful trip report, Tom. Pictures were gorgeous as always! I wish I could address some points in your post, but there were so many of them I forgot, hehe.

Looking forward to your next trip report!

• My Own Oasis

Spectacular photos! If you wouldn't mind, please share with us the equipment you are using.

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

great TR! was interesting hearing about Disneyland from the perspective from someone who's never been before. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous, especially the night time ones =D

Though to be honest, I felt a bit offended reading your comments on the park guests who fit the stereotypical SoCal appearance or who had tattoo sleeves not being "hardcore disney fans". Is it really fair to judge someone's appearance and assume because they look like that they musn't be a "hardcore fan"? I'm not a SoCal native, but I am from the SF/Oakland Bay Area and if one were to see me on the street I'd fit the typical "alternative/punk kid with multiplie piercings in the ears and dyed hair" look. But I absolutely love all things Disney! Unless somebody actually asked me about it, no one would ever really know judging by how I look how much of a Disney geek I really am. I've seen plenty of more "decent" (for the lack of a better word) looking people at the park who've acted less than stellar guests at the park. Granted I'm sure there were some who you saw who aren't "hardcore" but to say that a majority of them probably weren't isn't really fair /=

not trying to start an argument or anything - just giving another perspective from someone who sort of fits the look =)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast