Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Disney Dance Crew is really good. HD VID ZOOM This is how reality tv show looks

I had to stop literally under a minute in. Thank you for sharing and posting this video, tis appreciated...but just like so many other things (HSM live shows, Celebrate, etc etc) if this is happening while I am at the parks I will be walking fast in the other direction to get out of the range of the crappiness as quick as possible. Just my opinion.

• Banned User

Re: Disney Dance Crew is really good. HD VID ZOOM This is how reality tv show looks

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    What does reality tv have to do with DDC? I don't get the op. It doesn't look like reality tv XD
    It's heavily based on shows like America's Best Dance Crew and So you think you can Dance? At least that what they told us CMs when they gave us a preview of the show.

• Established 2005

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again... I didn't think Disney could do worse then C!ASP, or any of the HSM street shows, but they've proven me wrong.

When Disney tries to be "hip" its like parents trying to be "hip".... They'll try as hard as they like, but when all is said and done, they've just made themselves look stupid.
    Hilarious and true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Drink up me gangsters yo ho? This has to be the worst and stupidest show I have ever seen and I am absolutely sickened that this monstrosity of a show made it even out of the drawing boards.

I would fire the people who approved and designed this show in a heart beat.
    This. Let's make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Heres the point breakdown:
    Using Disney Songs: +1
    style in which ^ were presented: -1
    Dancers skills: +1
    Lighting: +1
    Costumes: -1 (mcDonalds colors, really?)
    Mickey in suit: +1
    Mickey Talking: 0 (he says stupid things)
    mickey dance outfit: -1
    DJ: -1
    Did it achieve what it tried to (being hip): -1

Total: -2/11
    I peed.

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

OMG i just can't pass the one minute mark! talk about torture. Forget waterboarding! force the detainees in Gitmo to watch this instead! they'll speak up! nevermind maybe this is way too harsh of a interrogation method! LOL

The squeeky clean cast trying to talk "tough" street talk was almost laughable. I was also there on Friday, for the first and third shows. I thought it was ironic that all these years later in the park's history, they're trying to go back to "hip & edgy" again when it didn't work the first time around. The show is like night and day different than the "kinder and gentler" Drawn to the Magic. (And, it offers only one photo op now after the show instead of three, only with "hip Mickey". It wasn't my cup of tea but, the audiences when I watched it seemed to really like it. There was a grandma with the family next to me during the first show and she was really rocking out and getting into it! I'd like something more patterned after Dancing with the Stars. They could still do types of dancing with that that would have broader appeal. Or, I'd like to see them do something that showcases cultural dances. DCA is the perfect park for that. I loved the Bollywood dancers who performed during GlowFest and enjoyed Festival Latina and other cultural performances they've showcased in the park. I can do without Disney trying to be something it isn't.

• Metal Head loves Disney

If only they did a Disney version of Dance off with the Star War Stars, that would be a lot better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIuzuRdET_I
    *can't fix the size, just open it on youtube.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• Banned User

I'm confused.

Is the park picking eight random guests to be the dancers?

Or is this, seriously, a routine that has been professionally choreographed and practiced?

Either way, yo, yo, Mickey, this is an embarrassment. Gansta Mickey is as retarded as Gansta Barney. The street ethos carries heavy anti-consumerism, anti-coporate, anti-mass-media elements. To see Disney try to shuck-and-jive in that world is pathetic. Truly pathetic.

When friends tell me how mindless and soufully empty Disneyland has become, I'll be forced to picture this show and, sadly, agree with them.

• Banned User

This is pathetic. Is it 2001 again? This reminds of something that would have opened with DCA in '01.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by rage View Post
    If only they did a Disney version of Dance off with the Star War Stars, that would be a lot better.

YouTube - Dance-Off with the Star Wars Stars 2010 at Disney's Star Wars Weekends
    You know, the star wars show is genuinely entertaining, while the Mickey one is not. In part, the problem is the moronic use of street speak. But in part, the dancers in the Star Wars routines are simply having a good time. Clearly, the Mickey numbers (and dialogue) have been scripted with an effort to manage the Disney brand and the image of Mickey, thereby sucking every drop of "fun" from the project. Yes, the Mickey show has all of its branding issues handled. But it's also as boring as dirt

• Banned User

Also the dancer in the Boba suit (who I would guess is also in the Darth suit) is far better than ANY of the dancers in the California show.

• Former DL & WDW CM

I wouldn't call that terrible at all. Is it the greatest thing they could have come up with? Or even half that? Absolutely not.

But, on top of the amazing shows and entertainment Disney is known for, there's been "supporting" shows that always seem to have a certain amount of cheese to them. And it seems like this show knows it's cheesy.

There were a few things I liked in it - I liked how some of the songs were used (Zip-a-dee do-dah, in particular), I liked that talking Mickey is getting some use, the little 'transformation" Mickey had at the beginning and I actually like the outfits - they're Mickey colors.

I agree though, there were a few things that made my skin crawl - drink up me gangstas? Seriously, what? But from what I've been hearing the guests say while I'm at work, they're really liking it.

I just wish a bit more brainstorming had gone on with this. A lot of wasted potential, I think.

Slightly Off Topic:

Please tell me that someone here has seen a skit on SNL called the "Hip Hop Kids". Disney Dance Crew reminds me of this skit like crazy!!!

SNL Hip Hop Kids - Funny Videos - Funny Vids - Cool Funny Videos, Crazy Funny Videos

"Looks like we got company in the form of caaaaaave creaaaatures!"

If you've never seen it, please take a few minutes and check it out. It may be the best thing to happen to you that ever occurred because of Disney's Dance Crew.

• Banned User

I agree that this show is quite sickening. Didn't Disney already realize that hip doesn't work in Disney Parks.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    Please tell me that someone here has seen a skit on SNL called the "Hip Hop Kids". Disney Dance Crew reminds me of this skit like crazy!!!

SNL Hip Hop Kids - Funny Videos - Funny Vids - Cool Funny Videos, Crazy Funny Videos

Oh my goodness, that was hilarious. Thanks for sharing

• Metal Head loves Disney

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    Slightly Off Topic:

"Looks like we got company in the form of caaaaaave creaaaatures!"

If you've never seen it, please take a few minutes and check it out. It may be the best thing to happen to you that ever occurred because of Disney's Dance Crew.

I remember seeing the hip-hop kids where they got stuck in a cave and had a dance battle with a bear, now if only the Disney dance crew would do this, I would watch it!
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Do we really need two separated topics for this show? Not really.

As for viewing it in person vs. watching it on youtube, you can see on youtube just how bad it its. It is possible to tell from video if the show is worth seeing in person, or not. Remember, last year when Tiana's Showboat Jubilee premiered, rave reviews came out from people viewing both online and in person. You could tell that that show was worth while seeing in person. On the other hand, Disney dance crew, (did it take inspiration from this years dancing mickey toy?):

YouTube - Dancing Mickey - Shake Up the Holiday Season!

And Dance Star Mickey even looks rather strange. I wouldn't recommend the show or the toy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast