Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disney Dance Crew is really good. HD VID ZOOM This is how reality tv show looks

Quote Originally Posted by rage View Post
    If only they did a Disney version of Dance off with the Star War Stars, that would be a lot better.

YouTube - Dance-Off with the Star Wars Stars 2010 at Disney's Star Wars Weekends
    *can't fix the size, just open it on youtube.
    I'd love to just get this show, let alone a version of it with Disney characters, as long as they have fun with it. My rule is that if the performer isn't having fun, then it won't be fun to watch.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Re: Disney Dance Crew is really good. HD VID ZOOM This is how reality tv show looks

Also, can we just not have Mickey dancing to hip hop, I feel like if they did the show similar to the Star Wars one (trying to really make it cheesy, but funny at the same time) then I'd actually appreciate it. It also used regular pop tunes (yes one was Miley Cyrus), but non were Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, or other Disney songs
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

from the people who brought you Stitch's Supersonic Celebration at Disney World...

• Metal Head loves Disney

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Also, can we just not have Mickey dancing to hip hop, I feel like if they did the show similar to the Star Wars one (trying to really make it cheesy, but funny at the same time) then I'd actually appreciate it. It also used regular pop tunes (yes one was Miley Cyrus), but non were Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, or other Disney songs
    What if Mickey was the host, that way we could see the talking Mickey being used properly, and not have him dance to anything other than the two step. Leave hip-hop out completely, and just have top 40 hits where Disney characters dance to, and they could switch to different routines every few weeks.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• Established 2005

I do understand that people might find this show entertaining, but those are also the types of people that are able to enjoy things out of context, and may not realize the implications and detriment this does the any sort of theme or ambiance the park is attempting to establish. I would love to say that all this will change once the remodel is finally finished, but it seems like the hip and edge has returned in full force, with GF, Electronica, THIS and soon Disney Channel Rocks. Why do I have a feeling Entertainment and Imagineering are on completely different pages?

• Future Cast Member :)

I saw it live, I'm still not sure what to think of it.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Good dancing, just don't see why it is in a Disney park. But what they did with Mickey is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Quote Originally Posted by ojeilatan View Post
    I wouldn't call that terrible at all. Is it the greatest thing they could have come up with? Or even half that? Absolutely not.

But, on top of the amazing shows and entertainment Disney is known for, there's been "supporting" shows that always seem to have a certain amount of cheese to them. And it seems like this show knows it's cheesy.

There were a few things I liked in it - I liked how some of the songs were used (Zip-a-dee do-dah, in particular), I liked that talking Mickey is getting some use, the little 'transformation" Mickey had at the beginning and I actually like the outfits - they're Mickey colors.

First, I have to agree, the show is NOT terrible. IMO, the DLP show is worse and its not t-t-terrible.

Second, I dont think that LCI Mickey is being used, atleast not entirely. If you watch closely, Mickey's doing the finger thing again. The best example i can show you is YouTube - Disney Dance Club - First Performance - Disney California Adventure watch it from about 6:04, and when he freezez when doing the robot, watch is left hand move simutaniously with his eyelids.

So to see the talking Mickey I have to time warp back to Kids Incorporated/Mickey Mouse Club circa 91?

Oh the pain

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mrwagnal9 View Post
    So to see the talking Mickey I have to time warp back to Kids Incorporated/Mickey Mouse Club circa 91?

Oh the pain
    Well we all know how to Time Warp:

Its just a jump... to the left
    and the a step to the right
    You put your hands on your hips
    you bring your knees in tight
    But it's the pelvic thrust
    That really drives you insane
    Let's do the Time Warp again!

Sorry lol, I couldn't resist
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

oh my, i can't erase what i just saw.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• 60 Dazzling Years!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    Slightly Off Topic:

Please tell me that someone here has seen a skit on SNL called the "Hip Hop Kids". Disney Dance Crew reminds me of this skit like crazy!!!

SNL Hip Hop Kids - Funny Videos - Funny Vids - Cool Funny Videos, Crazy Funny Videos

"Looks like we got company in the form of caaaaaave creaaaatures!"

If you've never seen it, please take a few minutes and check it out. It may be the best thing to happen to you that ever occurred because of Disney's Dance Crew.

I haven't seen the Disney show live yet, but remember that SNL skit ... Very funny, Love Amy Poehler.

• Minion

Attention Disney Marketing, STOP BEING STUPID!
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• film975

I agree with you Figment... Disney marketing does need to doing stupid things. First, the mess up with Tangled's trailers (although the latest one is a big improvement). Then they try to push Duffy the Disney Bear. And now this.

I think the main problem with this show is that they're trying to make Mickey something he's not. And that's hip. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. People love Mickey for who he really is. I think the show might've been better with a different music style and more Disney characters involved instead of just a random dance crew.

• gadgets & gizmos aplenty

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    ... On the other hand, Disney dance crew, (did it take inspiration from this years dancing mickey toy?):

YouTube - Dancing Mickey - Shake Up the Holiday Season!

And Dance Star Mickey even looks rather strange. I wouldn't recommend the show or the toy.

^^^ THIS. Watching the dance crew footage from Destination D, I wondered if this show was meant to be a "subtle" (I'm using the term very loosely here) gimmick for the Dance Star Mickey doll (pretty much already sold out in most stores, for anyone who cares).

Seeing the youtube evidence from the actual stage show, I'm convinced that execs must have green-lit the show without much afterthought. Anyway, I really hope this show converts into something much more appropriate and overall crowd pleasing and that the talking Mickey and dancers are showcased better.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast