Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disney Dance Crew is really good. HD VID ZOOM This is how reality tv show looks

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I agree with you Figment... Disney marketing does need to doing stupid things. First, the mess up with Tangled's trailers (although the latest one is a big improvement). Then they try to push Duffy the Disney Bear. And now this.
    Oh and there's plenty more where that came from. Making recent movies look like generic Dreamworks stuff, milking the Disney Princess franchise to the point where anyone with a Y Chromosome will dismiss any of the movies involved as nothing but LOL GURL MOVIE, that damn American Idol thing at the studios park. It's like even when Eisner and the bulk of his Robot Masters were kicked out, that didn't stop the Metools and Sniper Joes inside the company.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Who doesn't love NAPs?

Re: Disney Dance Crew is really good. HD VID ZOOM This is how reality tv show looks

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Drink up me gangsters yo ho? This has to be the worst and stupidest show I have ever seen and I am absolutely sickened that this monstrosity of a show made it even out of the drawing boards.

I would fire the people who approved and designed this show in a heart beat.
    This is pretty much word for word what I had to say about it.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    Either way, yo, yo, Mickey, this is an embarrassment. Gansta Mickey is as retarded as Gansta Barney. The street ethos carries heavy anti-consumerism, anti-coporate, anti-mass-media elements. To see Disney try to shuck-and-jive in that world is pathetic. Truly pathetic.

When friends tell me how mindless and soufully empty Disneyland has become, I'll be forced to picture this show and, sadly, agree with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I would fire the people who approved and designed this show in a heart beat.
    Bingo.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Missing Disneyland

Personally I thought it was pretty good! (except Mickey's dance outfit, it reminded me of Ronald McDonald!) My opinion on Disney being "hip" is that every company has to keep current or they will become stagnant and eventually fail. I can't speak for everyone on this board, I haven't been here long enough or often enough to really know anyone. I can only speak for myself, my love of Disney developed long long ago (in a galaxy far far away?) but for the Disney that I love to continue, they've got to keep new fans coming in. Today's kids and teenagers don't want to see some of the shows and rides that we all want to see. I personally love It's a Small World, when we took our kids a couple of weeks ago they thought it was the cheesiest thing in the world and said they would never go on it again. I know a lot of people like it, but had they not put the Disney characters in it would appeal less and less to the younger generations and eventually would be removed for something new that kids can relate to and enjoy. It's like that with all of Disney. Personally I don't care for CA, haven't since they started to work on it and get rid of the parking lot. *shrug* I understand though, and I did enjoy it when we went. As long as Disneyland exists (and I hope that's a long long time) it needs to continue to appeal to the younger and newer generations, they will be the ones who keep it afloat eventually. JMHO and I hope I didn't offend anyone...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by thesachsgirl View Post
    Today's kids and teenagers don't want to see some of the shows and rides that we all want to see. ...something new that kids can relate to and enjoy....it needs to continue to appeal to the younger and newer generations...
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids."

--W.E.D.

RIP, Disneyland. You were fun while you were alive.

• Down Pluto!

Oh Man! Mickey was in this? I missed him because I dozed off about 90 seconds in.

Quote Originally Posted by thesachsgirl View Post
    ... but for the Disney that I love to continue, they've got to keep new fans coming in. Today's kids and teenagers don't want to see some of the shows and rides that we all want to see....
    There might possibly be some truth in what you say if attendance figures were dropping as the younger kids grow older and make decisions to come to the Parks. I see no evidence of that and in fact see the parks getting more crowded. It seems the opposite of what you say is true.

Now if this show was intended to reverse the existing overcrowding - they may be on to something. I know I am not alone when I say I wouldn't attend just to see this, and when there, would hasten my step to pass it by.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• film975

I don't think it's true that kids of the younger generation don't want to go to DisneyParks. I have 12 nieces and nephews ranging from ages 2 - 12. And they all love it. But they grew up on Disney like my brothers and I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids."

--W.E.D.

RIP, Disneyland. You were fun while you were alive.
    Truer words were never spoken, Steve DeGaetano. Walt Disney never aimed his material exclusively for children. He aimed at the child in everyone. I'm getting so sick and tired of demographics being the basis for everything nowadays. It's one of the reasons we end up with stupid stuff like this.

• Disneyland History Lover

This is by far the worst show I have ever seen.

• Banned User

When this show leaves the park, maybe the dancers could take Duffy with them.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

WOW! so much negativity here. In my honest opinion, this show was NOT HORRENDOUS/TERRIBLE. I still enjoy the show its fun to watch. The crowed seem to all enjoyed it.

We all need to lighten up a bit! be respectful to the casts who work hard for this show.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Established 2005

Lightening up and not voicing opinions is how things have gotten where they've gotten. You can't take this show at face value. It represents a bigger picture of where DLR Entertainment is headed. . .

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    WOW! so much negativity here...

We all need to lighten up a bit! be respectful to the casts who work hard for this show.
    Meaning no offense to the hard-working cast who are stuck trying to CPR this dead turkey, the show is awful. Its concept and execution are an embarrassment. The way Mickey is used truly sucks.

"We need to lighten up?" Not a chance. Not when your favorite multibillion dollar entertainment mega-corp comes up with crap like this.

- Neil Gabler

• "I Break Things"

I... hit... play... and I think I threw up a little in my mouth. Am I the only one having bad flashbacks of New Kids on the Block, Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, and a whole host of really bad 90's early hip hop fashions/songs?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• The 70th Matt Named Super

I think shows like this and C!aSP really demonstrate a fundamental lack of understanding and respect for both the Disney "product" and the Disney "customer." The people in charge just don't get it! When you don't respect your product and you think you are superior to your consumer, your end result is a focus group'd mess like Disney Dance Crew. Any company should understand that its product can not be all things to all people. That product though, can be something special for a segment of society. Companies should strive to make it the best product that it can be for that segment of society that consistantly wants it. Disney doesn't get this concept. It wants to be loved by everyone and ends up looking bad to all.

Disney suceeds not because it's "hip" or "street." Disney works because it's "warm"...it's "nostalgic"...it's "comforting" and it's "eternally youthful." Again, I suspect that a lot of people at Disney today have disdain for Mickey Mouse and the classic characters (I think they have disdain for you & me too!) so they don't see or care about the "wrongness" of something like Disney Dance Crew.

It makes me so sad to realize that the company you & I love so much has such little respect for the things that made you & I fall in love with it in the first place. Walt quotes are now for T-shirts and calendars (or construction walls)--not inspiration or guidance.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Supermatt70 View Post
    Disney suceeds not because it's "hip" or "street." Disney works because it's "warm"...it's "nostalgic"...it's "comforting" and it's "eternally youthful." Again, I suspect that a lot of people at Disney today have disdain for Mickey Mouse and the classic characters (I think they have disdain for you & me too!) so they don't see or care about the "wrongness" of something like Disney Dance Crew.

It makes me so sad to realize that the company you & I love so much has such little respect for the things that made you & I fall in love with it in the first place. Walt quotes are now for T-shirts and calendars (or construction walls)--not inspiration or guidance.
    Excellent post! Totally on target.

- Neil Gabler

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast