• Nerd

Military Discount Tickets

The Military discount is back at Disneyland.
    3 day park hopper for $99 which is valid through Sept 30th 2011
    Up to 6 may be purchased.

I really like this gesture to our men and women in uniform and our veterans. If you haven't been to the flag ceremony at the front of the park and you are slightly patriotic, get over there. This is a moving ceremony that thanks all who have served or are serving and brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. Thanks for your service!!! Now go have a fun day with your family at Disneyland!!!
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Nutty guy from Canada

Re: Military Discount Tickets

Nice.

Going to Disney can be expensive and I like that they are making it easier for the armed forces to take a break from their dangerous jobs to have some fun in safety.
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Planned Trips: DLR November 2014, WDW March 2017

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    If you haven't been to the flag ceremony at the front of the park and you are slightly patriotic, get over there. This is a moving ceremony that thanks all who have served or are serving and brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. Thanks for your service!!! Now go have a fun day with your family at Disneyland!!!
    Yes, it's a great ceremony. We watch it whenever we can. An unknown gem at Disneyland.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    The Military discount is back at Disneyland.
    3 day park hopper for $99 which is valid through Sept 30th 2011
    Up to 6 may be purchased.

I really like this gesture to our men and women in uniform and our veterans. If you haven't been to the flag ceremony at the front of the park and you are slightly patriotic, get over there. This is a moving ceremony that thanks all who have served or are serving and brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. Thanks for your service!!! Now go have a fun day with your family at Disneyland!!!
    That's awesome! A friend of mine who is retired from the Air Force is planning a trip to Disneyland next month. He's looking to do a 3 day park hopper ticket or a 4 day ticket. Does he qualify as well? Does he have to purchase these tickets on base? And also you're positive that it's $99 for the 3 day park hopper? Is a 4 day park hopper ticket available for a different military price?

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    That's awesome! A friend of mine who is retired from the Air Force is planning a trip to Disneyland next month. He's looking to do a 3 day park hopper ticket or a 4 day ticket. Does he qualify as well? Does he have to purchase these tickets on base? And also you're positive that it's $99 for the 3 day park hopper? Is a 4 day park hopper ticket available for a different military price?
    The tickets are purchased on base or at the booths. 3 days for $99 is only ticket available as far as I know. This program only just started today so you might give it a week or so and then call the park to verify qualification for retired military or adding an extra day.

Try this for more info http://www.mousesavers.com/dltickets.html#military
    Last edited by CMHusband; 10-24-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: added info
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Got Jack?

That's great news! My sister is in the Air Force, is a big Disney fan and will be visiting in a few weeks with her family. Perfect timing and what a great price...thanks for the update!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Cool thanks for the info. I haven't checked mousesavers website in a long time and that is one that I usually reference when planning a Disney trip. Here is what the link said.

MouseSavers.com - Discounts on Disneyland Tickets & Passes

Military Discounts

2010-2011 Special Ticket Offer for Military

From 10/24/10-9/28/11, active or retired US military personnel may purchase up to a maximum of six 3-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $99 per ticket, to be used by themselves, family members (including spouse) or friends.

The tickets expire and may not be used after 10/1/11. Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for the Disneyland Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: 12/24/10-1/1/11; 2/18/11-2/21/11; 4/17/11-4/23/11; and 7/1/11-7/4/11 at the Disneyland Theme Parks.

How to Get the Tickets

You must pre-purchase the tickets at a military base (MWR/ITT office).

Rules

These tickets are for active or retired members of the US military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the US Coast Guard, with a valid military ID card. Dept of Defense (CIA, FBI, Secret Service) and Coalition Forces are excluded.

Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased 10/24/10 - 9/28/11 at participating US military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends. These tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.

No more than six Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six must be purchased at the same time.

The tickets may be upgraded to Annual Passes, with credit toward the upgrade based on the actual price paid. No other upgrades, such as adding additional days, will be available.

Tickets must be used by the same person on any and all days.

This offer may not be combined with any other offer.

Where to Ask Questions

If you have questions about this promotion, I strongly recommend that you call your local base MWR/ITT directly and ask them.

There are always military discounts on Disneyland admission. Check with your base MWR/ITT for info. Military ID may be required at the gate, though many readers report buying military tickets for friends and relatives who used them without problems.
    Last edited by 1Disneylandfan; 10-24-2010 at 04:48 PM.

1Disneyland fan, even before this most recent deal, I started a thread to get the word out, "Good prices on Military on-base tickets/APs". The bases have most everything at the pre-August-increase prices less $6... and without tax. I show a 4-day Hopper at $167. Send your retired AF friend to this site get an idea of what's available: http://www.laafbforcesupport.com/doc...price-list.pdf
    Don't forget to remind your friend that being tax-free adds a bunch more savings.

Thanks CM H for this great scoop! I'm seldom on base since I retired and I never hear about this stuff.
    Last edited by sailor310; 10-24-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: forgot thanks