Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Berm Buster

Halloween Party 10/22 - Gender Bending!

Woo first trip report ever! This trip report will not have much substance because of the short time we were in the park. Anyway here are our costumes! We chose to gender bend Disney characters. For those of you that don't know, gender bending is where you switch the genders of characters.

Gender bended Sally (wig was off), Jack (its the makeup from faraway that makes her look really creepy), Snow White's Prince(ss?), Snow White (me) and Zero. Taken at the end of the night.

So anyway, we only went on rides because of the short time in the park we had and the lines for the characters were too long. I would like to next time be in the park longer but either way I had so much fun in my 3 hour span of time.

Couldn't help but not.

Yay waiting in line

Space Mountain!

Srs business

So yeah. Not much else.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Halloween Party 10/22 - Gender Bending!

Two Thumbs up on this Trip report!!!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

hahaha that was a great idea for costumes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• wanderlust

Hey! I actually saw you guys when I was in line getting food, great costumes!
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

• Banned User

Great trip report. Sounds like you had a great time. But "gender bending"? Now that is just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Great trip report. Sounds like you had a great time. But "gender bending"? Now that is just weird.
    Rude, much?

Awesome costumes/ideas! You should of totally seen some characters, though! Would have loved to see what Sally and Jack thought of their opposite gendered counterparts. haha.

• Banned User

Why is my post "rude" moonie? Because I don't agree with you I'm rude? Isn't that rather intolerant of you?

Personally I think the "Gender Blending"'s really funny... if not a teeny bit creepy! I love that you blended characters that aren't usually blended (Jack Sparrow, Cheshire Cat). Love the pics, glad you had a great time!
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

• Banned User

Here's another thought: Would you "gender bend" a Disney princess? Would you have Aladin change to a girl? How about the genie? Seems that Disney gave a specific sex to specific characters for a specific reason. To take it upon yourself(generic) to randomly change the sex is wrong on so many levels, even for a bit of humor.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

What great costumes! That is a pretty clever idea, and it looks like it turned out adorable!

Here's another thought: Would you "gender bend" a Disney princess? Would you have Aladin change to a girl? How about the genie? Seems that Disney gave a specific sex to specific characters for a specific reason. To take it upon yourself(generic) to randomly change the sex is wrong on so many levels, even for a bit of humor.
    I have no idea where this negativity is coming from. Why couldn't the Genie be a girl? Or Aladdin? And the OP DID change the gender of a Disney princess, and I think it was very cool.

I do not think that what the OP did was wrong on ANY level. It was very humorous and it looks like they really enjoyed themselves. Why anyone would think badly of their costumes is a mystery to me.

• wanderlust

They DID gender-bend a Disney Princess, Snow White, and I personally think it turned out awesome. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

....Wowww. It's called creativity. Originality, even. Have you not considered that... huh, maybe they didn't want to be like the million other Jacks and Snow Whites? They tried something new, innovative.

And you were being rude. To Brer Mole and friends. Telling him that his idea and costumes were "weird" just because he was trying something new.

• "Always On The Move..."

Great costumes and what a fun idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Ha! Great costumes! Thanks for sharing
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• wishing upon a star :)

I absolutely LOVED your costumes! I don't see anything wrong with "gender bending"! I mean, wasn't Peter Pan played by a woman in musicals back in the day? I thought what you guys did was very creative! Major props to you! And I'm glad you all had a great time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast