• River Guide!!

Talking WOC P-domes back online!!

The projection domes for WOC are back online!!!

Some of them at least. They cleaned the domes and replaced some of the mechanics (with the exact same mechanical set up. which is lame cuz that was most of the problem to begin with.) It was really really cool to see them back up again. I really enjoyed them.

Too bad it was on a very un-crowded night. Both shows were fairly empty. I was working red section tonight, and during the 10:15 show, we had maybe 200 ticketed guests with us. We started letting 'stanby' viewing in, and that didnt even fill it up. Stupid rain, made for an interesting shift.

Good times
    Life begins when the season starts...nothing matters between november and march

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Re: WOC P-domes back online!!

i'm sure a lot of people are glad to hear about this! i honestly didn't even notice that much when i saw them the first time and i didn't even notice they were gone the second time i saw it hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• River Guide!!

Its one of those things that most people dont notice it one way or the other, BUT when i've seen it more than 100 times, its one of those things you notice. Personally, i LOVE them.

Idk if this part is back yet, but with the original P-dome set-up, during the Wall-E sequence, if you looked at the far back/left dome, as the planets revolved, the face of pluto (the dog) revolved with one of the planets. Little hidden character for ya'll. I DIED laughing the first time i saw it, and i used to LOVE telling guests to look for it.

• Established 2005

I was just telling someone about the Hidden Pluto. . .but with the domes being out, she didn't get to see it. There are no videos on Youtube that show it. . .I tried.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Only 4 of the domes are back.. They didn't come up for the Wall-E scene for some reason.

The 10:30 Fantasmic show was pretty empty as well. It was weird seeing the show with such a small crowd of people, I was surprised they didn't cancel it due to the rain.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• River Guide!!

Its an odd pickle we find ourselves in. Like, in the last few days of peak season, when we still had 3 WOC shows. We were literally ticketting 200 or so guests (out of roughly 4,000) and we still couldnt (or disney wouldnt) cancel our third show. Even tho there were losing roughly $10,000 on it. (When all is said and done, [water, electricity, CM wages, etc] WOC costs about $25,000 on 3 show nights).

Odd how disney operates.

But, i think for now, they are taking it easy on the Pdomes. The mechanics arent of the best design (when they are underwater, they tilt back a little. So to raise them, they have to tilt forward, then lift. This design was REALLY prone to wearing out. PLUS, the domes were fading from the sun on the exposed sections, and were turning green from the dye in the water on the underwater parts).

I really hope they are 100% again soon

Quote Originally Posted by CaMeron142 View Post
    Its an odd pickle we find ourselves in. Like, in the last few days of peak season, when we still had 3 WOC shows. We were literally ticketting 200 or so guests (out of roughly 4,000) and we still couldnt (or disney wouldnt) cancel our third show. Even tho there were losing roughly $10,000 on it. (When all is said and done, [water, electricity, CM wages, etc] WOC costs about $25,000 on 3 show nights).

Odd how disney operates.
    If they cancelled the shows everybody there would be up in arms that their vacation had been ruined because they planned the whole trip around seeing the 3rd show, and this site would be screaming that Disney cheaped out and put money over magic and wouldnt run the show even though over 200 people were waiting! Even if there is 1 person waiting to see something they are supposed to show it, and rightfully so.

• River Guide!!

Although, EVERYWHERE you see a show name or time, it says, "subject to change without notice." So, its a grey area.

Anyhow, back on topic. In between being yelled at by a large angry aussie, and being yelled at by a large spaniard who barely spoke english, and being yelled at by a very large southern man, and being yelled at by the odd AP, i did notice that the Pdomes are ALL back up and working. Even saw my favorite lil dog, my hidden pluto!!!

So Pdomes are 100% again...for now

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Legally yes, but from a customer service standpoint, no grey at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lnsemsf View Post
    If they cancelled the shows everybody there would be up in arms that their vacation had been ruined because they planned the whole trip around seeing the 3rd show, and this site would be screaming that Disney cheaped out and put money over magic and wouldnt run the show even though over 200 people were waiting! Even if there is 1 person waiting to see something they are supposed to show it, and rightfully so.
    As long as it was scheduled, they should. However with the wear and tear on the platform and the cost of the show, I can see them drawing a line somewhere.

• Dream in wonderful color!

thanks for the update! good to know all the domes are back up and working again.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney