Talking Disney in 2 weeks...quick question.

Hello!! We are so excited for our trip in a couple of weeks. We are heading up on a Wednesday and that day we have nothing planned.

Any suggestions? Places to eat, things to do? Thursday and Friday we are going to the parks. So we need something in Anaheim to do Wednesday.

We are farmiliar with Downtown Disney, so other things would be appreciated

Thanks!
    Nikki

• Nerd

Re: Disney in 2 weeks...quick question.

go to the beach, downtown huntington beach. get a shake at Ruby's on the pier. Rent bikes and ride the strand or just look around.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Eat at the Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square. Maybe ride Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Indy, and the Matterhorn if your brave enough.
    Oh, and Welcome to Micechat!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Blew By You

Visit Orange, CA, just a few miles away. Ask your front desk helper for driving directions. There's a nice ol' fashion downtown area. Also, check out concert schedule for the Grove and for the Ducks. Have a good time.

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    go to the beach, downtown huntington beach. get a shake at Ruby's on the pier. Rent bikes and ride the strand or just look around.
    I concur, Ruby's is really good burger and shake joint plus the view is pretty kick-butt.

Huntington Beach, Ruby's and renting bikes is good. I might also suggest hanging out in Newport Beach. There are bikes, the Crab Pot is great family seafood, rent a sailboat at the "Fun Zone", take the little ferry over to Balboa Island.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

I do have to tell you what NOT to do; skip the Gardenwalk. It's extremely awkward and there is never anybody there..

What TO do: I know you said you already knew of what there is to do at Downtown Disney, but I reaaaallly have to reccommend the UVA bar. They are kid friendly, outside, and the food is friggin' killer. Plus, if you're there when there's music entertainment outside, it makes a great ambience.

Another fun thing to do is drive around Newport and look at big fancy houses I wish I owned! haha
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

In and Out Burgers is a couple of miles away and there is a Disney Outlet store nearby as well but it's hit or miss on merchandise

• DLR Cast Member

I have heard rumors of another theme park quite close to Disneyland Resort. I have no recent first hand experience, but others who post here do I'm sure.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
    I have heard rumors of another theme park quite close to Disneyland Resort. I have no recent first hand experience, but others who post here do I'm sure.
    you mean Knotts Berry Farm? That would be okay too, but you could get "theme park burn out"
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by sailor310 View Post
    Huntington Beach, Ruby's and renting bikes is good. I might also suggest hanging out in Newport Beach. There are bikes, the Crab Pot is great family seafood, rent a sailboat at the "Fun Zone", take the little ferry over to Balboa Island.
    We've done Newport Beach.
    Very nice.
    Plus you have Ruby's there out on the boardwalk. Nice to eat outside.
    The Ferris Wheel is fun to ride there too.
    Also a bunch of little shops there too.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Id recomend Venice Beach. Been there a few times. Its a fun walk up and down the boardwalk. Lots of unique stores and good restaurants. Dont forget to check out the freak show they have. And the people watching cant be beat.

• Banned User

I suggest going to Knotts Berry Farm. They have shops outside of the park like Downtown Disney. 3 hours of free parking and it's not a long drive from Anaheim to Buena Park. Have dinner at Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaurant.

(24 days until Disneyland!)

Great advise everyone!! We will probably try Ruby's. Can't wait!!! Also the UVA bar looks cool - but have never stopped - maybe we will do that one night too.