Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Miss Piggy and Kermit take on Mickey's Halloween Party 10/26/10

Wow, haven't done one of these in a long time! But, since my Mom and I had such a great time, I couldn't pass up sharing our experience.

We'd planned to get to the resort by 5pm, but traffic got the best of us. Like the fabulous pig likes to say, "You have to be going to a pretty awful place if getting there is half the fun." Getting there was NO fun with red-colored traffic maps, so we knew we were going to a pretty awesome place! The reactions from other drivers while on the freeway were priceless. I mean, c'mon, they looked over and saw THIS!

We got into the park right at 6 and it was such a great festive environment.

The cutest little Minnie playing in the street projections on Main Street.

The neat Ghost Mickey lanterns that were all over the park.

All of the costumes were too cool - my favorite being a couple dressed as a Ghostbuster and (sexy) Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Also saw a girl dressed as Duffy and I asked her how her trip from Tokyo was, and she said it was just fine. Ph, and saw a FANTASTIC Jack Skellington in Santa garb from HMH's graveyard scene. CMs were saying he was the first Santa Jack they'd seen. I wish I would have gotten pictures.

But Miss Piggy and Kermit did get a picture with Maverick!

I'd asked Bert if he'd practiced his "Step in Time" routine, and after a little talking with his group, he and the Mad Hatter got their dance on.

It was really amusing how often our costumes were commented on. I'd hear kids squeal "Miss Piggy!! Kermit!!", and people would come up and ask to take pictures with/of me. I even had a line at one point! I must have posed for at least 40 pictures throughout the night - people couldn't get enough of moi! My Mom was dressed as Kermit so we made a great pair, and her costume was nice and comfortable so that was a big plus to her.

Why Kermie, you've flattened out!

A pig has to eat! (And Kermit wanted me to prove that I could eat with my nose. )

But I had to remind moiself that you should "Never eat more than you can lift." So I had to resist the candy trough.

On the Treat Trail behind Big Thunder, there was a lead handing out candy who asked "if anyone can tell me Disneyland's opening date, I'll fill your bag". Brilliant moi knew the answer, and the guy fulfilled his promise! That was fun. But then I had a Disney geek fail when we went back to the trail, went up to the lead, and I asked if he had any more trivia for me. He said "when the Tiki Room first opened, a cover charge was in place. What was the charge?" I had no idea. I answered "a dole whip?" knowing that wasn't right but I HAD to say something. He said the charge was $0.15, and that that is his hardest question. Interesting!

Moi could not resist the pink lighting and fog of the trail - it was the perfect location for a photo shoot engulfed in my signature shade!

Kermie said the fog felt good on his slime, I mean, mucus.

We went and got a nice spot for the fireworks. Someone behind us said she wanted to be moi, since she works at Muppets, but never got around to her costume. Well, too much of moi would have been...a WONDERFUL thing!

Waiting for the fireworks...

Kermie watching the pyrotechnics.

One last picture together...

When Kermie and I got home from our trip, we put our bags of candy on the scale. We'd accumulated over 12 pounds of treats! As Moi says,"There is the satisfaction of providing your public with a vision of true beautology, true sytlisity, - how can I put it? – true glamorositude." And provide my public we did!

Happy Halloween, darlings!

And now to snap out of Miss Piggy "all about me" attitude, here's a little commentary...

Even though we didn't go on any rides, we loved every minute and definitely want to go back next year. I wanted to ride Ghost Galaxy, but my costume wouldn't allow for it. Bummer, too, since the line was only 5 minutes long the whole night. Hell, all of the rides that were open (Ghost Galaxy, Nemo Subs, all of Fantasyland including Teacups and Dumbo, Big Thunder, Indy, Haunted Mansion, POTC, and I'm pretty sure Winnie the Pooh was open too) were walk-ons since everyone was busy in line for the Treat Trails, character meet 'n greets and the dance parties!

Only two small complaints...1)The meet 'n greet characters didn't seem to manage their lines well. We waited in line for Mickey and Minnie for about 20 minutes and had only moved up about 1/3 (if that!) of the queue, so we ducked out. And then the villains meet area shut down after fireworks, turning people away with the enlightening explanation of "there's a situation", and that they were closed for the rest of the night. People were pretty bummed and I heard folks hastily say "well, off to City Hall!" since the CMs had told the guests to come back after fireworks since they had to close during the show. I wonder how many complaints City Hall had to deal with over that.

2) Main Street Photo Supply Co. shut down right at 11pm, when the party ended. Traditionally, aren't the Main Street shops open for additional time past park closing for purchases and whatnot? We'd gotten a bunch of Photo Pass pics taken, and my Mom was really put off by the fact that we were turned away at 11:02. We would have hustled over to get there in time had we known, but, it didn't work out. Online purchasing of picture for us! Oh, and they're doing a special where it is $10 for a Photo Pass print. Yay, discounts!

Most common costumes - pirates, Tim Burton Mad Hatters, Snow White, dalmatians with Cruella, and Nightmare before Christmas characters.

Oh, and a little note...it may be different for non-weekday parties...when we first got into the park we went to Tomorrowland and were totally overwhelmed with the Treat Trail lines at Innoventions and the Motorboat Cruise Dock. The Motorboat line wound all the way down to Nemo! It seemed like everyone went the same direction we did and got right into line. We wandered around first, and found that after that first half hour or 45 minutes of the evening, everyone found their stride. After that, there were really no lines to get to into the Treat Trails.
    Last edited by MissChristine; 10-28-2010 at 05:45 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Miss Piggy and Kermit take on Mickey's Halloween Party 8/26/10

That's so awesome!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Metal Head loves Disney

My favorite Muppet couple! You guys are too awesome, thank you for sharing!
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• wishing upon a star :)

I absolutely adore your costumes! They're so cute and clever! Sorry that you weren't able to ride Ghost Galaxy, but at least that's something to look forward to for next year! Thanks for sharing!

lol the girl is so lovely
    I am traveling now.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Ha! Love the Miss Piggy costume! Did you do the voice the whole night too?
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Shablagoo!

Great report and terrific costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    The real question is did she give Kermit the ole "HIYA!" at any point in the evening?

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan
    I tried, but I think I sounded more Yoda than Piggy when attempting the voice. Though I did overhear a couple of gals I took a pic with say "Wow, she even acts like Miss Piggy!" as they were walking away. Maybe I'm more Piggy than I realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    The real question is did she give Kermit the ole "HIYA!" at any point in the evening?
    Y'know, my Mom didn't get into Kermie as much as I'd hoped. I was telling her at one point that she needed to sing "Rainbow Connection", but she wasn't digging that idea. Maybe next time she wears the amphibian's outfit she'll be more in character.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Miss Piggy and Kermit take on Mickey's Halloween Party 10/26/10

Great report! Looks like you and your mom had a fantastic time!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Future Cast Member

Great trip report! I love the costumes

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great costume!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

•   
    • Kerplookee

Fun trip report, thanks for sharing. You make a great pig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• far, far away from DL

Love the costumes!

•   
    • Seasick

Awesome costumes, thanks for the excellent trip report!
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Minion

great costume! could you breath through that nose?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast