Tron Legacy Sneak Peek @ Electronica Not In Full 3D?

Has anyone noticed that this 3D experience is not 100 percent 3D? After I realized that the 3D effect wasn't very good, I took off my 3D glasses and noticed that most of the shots in the trailer don't have that familiar 3D blur. I could literally watch most of the sneak peek just fine without 3D glasses.

It appears to me that Disney chose to convert only a few key shots of this trailer into 3D. If that's the case, then I'd definitely think twice about seeing the actual film in IMAX 3D when it's released.

BTW, I also noticed they are using purple glasses for this short "3D" presentation. Wouldn't it be nice if they had them at EO, too?

Re: Tron Legacy Sneak Peek @ Electronica Not In Full 3D?

I think you're referring to the beginning of the trailer, which is a stylistic choice by the director/creative team of Tron: Legacy. The 3D doesn't figure in until Sam enters the game grid. I can assure you that the rest of the trailer uses the same stereoscopic footage that the film will have in theaters.

As for the glasses, the "sneak peek" is in the Muppet Vision 3D. Muppet Vision uses purple 3D glasses. Even though EO (according to the new attraction posters on Main Street) looks to be staying even longer than the once-predicted Labor Day 2011 closing date, I highly doubt they'll turn in a batch of over a thousand purple glasses for it anytime soon.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    Has anyone noticed that this 3D experience is not 100 percent 3D? After I realized that the 3D effect wasn't very good, I took off my 3D glasses and noticed that most of the shots in the trailer don't have that familiar 3D blur. I could literally watch most of the sneak peek just fine without 3D glasses.

It appears to me that Disney chose to convert only a few key shots of this trailer into 3D. If that's the case, then I'd definitely think twice about seeing the actual film in IMAX 3D when it's released.

BTW, I also noticed they are using purple glasses for this short "3D" presentation. Wouldn't it be nice if they had them at EO, too?
    I wish that too, but I am getting off topic.

Well, this mainly a preview, not the whole film(if it was and I paid for the 3D version, I would demand my money back.) Don't take this, my quote, with what you will wrote, Sleepyjeff!

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Disneyland History Lover

My understanding is that the purple glasses at Muppet Vision are the same ones (well, at least the frames) that were used for EO in the '90s.

• We Go On.

Those 3D glasses aren't particularly expensive. It wouldn't cost much for Disney to order another shows' worth.

• Pilot EdForceOne

In the extended previews shown elsewhere.. the entire movie is in 3D. Even the 'real world' scenes. The depth is seen in the shots such as Sams Apartment looking out over the river.

Remember, the muppets theatre is not representative of the current real3D, IMAX 3D, etc theatres that the movie will actually be shown at.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hope the 3D is better, cause when I saw it I was really disappointed, only 2 movies so far have used 3D right and thats Avatar and How to Tran your Dragon...I hope Tron 3D is much better than what they are showing at ElecTRONica cause it did not look too 3D to me either.

• I'm not really here

When we saw the Tron Night footage, it was very good 3D. The shots in the real world are not in 3d, but those in the grid are. The 3d is incredibly well done. So real that I forgot I was looking at a 3d movie. It just felt real. The depth was very convincing.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

What is up with 3D movies nowadays?

Every time there is a 3D movie out there, there not a whole lot of 3D going on in the film.

Movie industry loves to make some extra bucks my introducing the movie in 3D.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^movies like Saw 3D and The Last Airbender are doing it just for the money but a few....(like 2 or 3) movies do have reasons to be in 3D and it helps enter you into the world but yeah it over used...thank god Batman 3 is not coming out in 3D.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    When we saw the Tron Night footage, it was very good 3D. The shots in the real world are not in 3d, but those in the grid are. The 3d is incredibly well done. So real that I forgot I was looking at a 3d movie. It just felt real. The depth was very convincing.
    I think people are still recognizing a lot of 3D with the film putting stuff out INTO the audience, whereas the newer 3D films take the film and and a 'real' depth to them. So instead of looking at a screen, you're more or less looking at a box with a side cut off so you can see in.

And if anyone reads Blue Sky Disney's site, honor hunter went to the 20-minute showing, or he saw the full movie..or whatever. Anyways, he's saying this, graphics and effects wise, it's much better than Avatar. Bold statement to say for some, but judging from the TV trailers, and the 9-minute preview at DCA, I'm beginning to think that too.

IN my opinion, the 3D bloom is off the rose.
    I'm eager to see Tron 2, but more than likely see it in 2D

• Pilot EdForceOne

The audio in the IMAX 3d presentation is actually what goosed me the most. I want to go and see the real film in the IMAX theatre mainly for the sound system.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I hope the 3D is better, cause when I saw it I was really disappointed...I hope Tron 3D is much better than what they are showing at ElecTRONica cause it did not look too 3D to me either.
    This.

I walked out saying, "That's it?"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The audio in the IMAX 3d presentation is actually what goosed me the most. I want to go and see the real film in the IMAX theatre mainly for the sound system.
    Yeah Inceptions audio was amazing in I-max and I'm sure Harry Potter and especially Tron's audio will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    This.

I walked out saying, "That's it?"
    Well the clip was not to show too much but the 3D was not even as cool as what they use in Spiderman or Muppet Vision 3D.