Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

No love for the Golden Gate Bridge?

I for one, am pleased that DCA is getting a bit of a "do over" with all of the changes coming in. As much as I did like the park from the beginning, I've always felt that there was a LOT of untapped potential. They can still do a lot more with it.
    However, one place that I never really had a problem with was the front gate area. In fact, I'm actually going to be very sorry to see the Golden Gate Bridge get the axe. I think that's a fantastic bit of theming that made for a nice feeling when I saw it. In my opinion, it also enhanced the monorail a bit, which isn't even a DCA ride.
    Be that as it may, am I the only one who liked the bridge, and even the murals? Yes, I admit it, I liked the murals.
    Cosmic thoughts?

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: No love for the Golden Gate Bridge?

I don't know why, but removing it has grown on me. And when I first heard they were taking it out for the expansion I was really sad. I do still like it, but I wouldn't mind seeing it go.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion

The Golden Gate definitely needs to go from its current location, but it's a shame it can't be repositioned as a key prop if they actually do a San Francisco area one day - - for example, it would be great as one of the walking bridges across the Paradise Bay (in place of say, the wharf bridge).

• failure for lunch

I for one am happy to see it go. Good riddance. I'm all for paying tribute to
    the bridge in a park themed to California...but that bridge wasn't it.

Bring on the bulldozer.
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

• Minion

The bridge was one of the great things in the entry but I am glad it is going to give way to a better themed area!

• Where's the Cheese?

so, has anyone seen what the bridge will look like after the transition to buena vista street?

edit: found this on the project tracker: MiceChat - looks like it will be themed to that period, like one of the bridges over the 110 freeway or l.a. river-ish...

Also: I did my search for the day - found this thread about the theming of a monorail vs. the buena vista street backdrop: Monorail in Buena Vista Street?

• keh!

When people think of the Golden Gate Bridge, they think of a giant, majestic feat of engineering. DCA's version, is not. It's tiny with no charm. The cables are droopy and the proportions are awkward. oh yay, and the monorail crosses through. I am GLAD it's leaving. if you're going to replicate the Golden Gate, do it right, don't make it look flimsy. It could be done right but i think they just chose the wrong location. when Vegas replicated the Eiffel Tower, it was actually done nicely. sure it's half the size, but it looks convincing, and it's still pretty tall once you go up there.

The bridge at DCA NEVER made me excited about entering.

• (Not a) New User

I thought it would be a good idea to move it to the SF area if nothing else...

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Established 2005

Having sailed under the Golden Gate during the day and at night, I can tell you. . .it never felt like walking under that puny bridge. Rip 'er down!

• Minion

i walk uder the goldstae brige more the drove acroess the real goldeon state brige
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There going to have to do the REVERSE of what shows in this DCA commercial.

YouTube - DCA Preview Commercial

And that wasn't the only time DCA showed a moving golden gate bringe. Anyone remember Eureka! ?

It is kind of a shame, but right now it's about rebranding the park entrance and completing a new vision, one which the Golden Gate Bridge is no longer a part of.

• Artistic integrity

If the bridge was not squished into the narrow contraption it became .. maybe we have a bit of an argument .... but lets face it ... it is time for it to go!

• Herr Ducktor!

To put in my opinion: As someone who lives near the real GG bridge, I never liked the squat, hypersimplied version. It's like recreating the Statue of Liberty as a garden troll. I'm fine with it getting a makeover.
    Last edited by Datameister; 11-01-2010 at 05:51 PM.

• formerly very helpful

Well, I guess I was the only one who felt that way. I don't mean on Mice Chat, I mean perhaps the only one in the world. Shows what I know.

More power to a new DCA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast