Red Face Best time to visit disneyland during december

So we're trying to plan a trip to Dland during december and were thinking of the week before christmas. Any thoughts on how crowded the park gets during that time....or does anyone know if there are special events going on that may cause the park to be crowded? also any rumors/experiences/stories about dland in december would be great too. Thanks!!!
    Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Best time to visit disneyland during december

Historically speaking, the closer it gets to Christmas the more crowded and busy the park becomes.

The only real special event that I can think of that happens in the park is the Candlelight Ceremony, but that happens at the beginning of the month, usually the first weekend.

I was in the park during Candlelight last year, and during the day it wasn't bad, but during the evening before the ceremony it did get crowded. I've only been to the park in December later than that once time, and it was crazy busy during the weekends.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

First couple calender days are before schools get out those are the best days. week before Christmas... gunna be a little busy
    if ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed.

The best time to visit during december is definitely during the first two weeks before schools go on break! Crowds are light and the park is beautiful! With that said the week before Christmas last year was very busy, I was there the Saturday before Christmas and Disneyland reached capacity around 5 in the afternoon, but with careful planning and use of fastpass the crowds are very manageable and since you are in DINSEYLAND it will be a great day no matter what!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYnerd View Post
    So we're trying to plan a trip to Dland during december and were thinking of the week before christmas. Any thoughts on how crowded the park gets during that time....or does anyone know if there are special events going on that may cause the park to be crowded? also any rumors/experiences/stories about dland in december would be great too. Thanks!!!
    December 17-Jan 2nd will be very busy. We will be there the 19th through Jan 2nd.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    December 17-Jan 2nd will be very busy. We will be there the 19th through Jan 2nd.
    I've gone the week before Christmas (mid-week) Dec 14-16 and it's been pretty slow. This year the hours for the Wed and Thurs before school gets out is 8-12. That would tell me they expect huge crowds, but schools are not out and they are not blockout days. Anyone know why this year would be any different?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Some of the busiest days of the year (often days where the park reaches capacity) occur in the week before Christmas through New Year's Eve.

If you can avoid the week before Christmas that would be a good thing, otherwise, prepare for crowds.

The first week of December shouldn't be too bad. You might also take this time to visit Knott's Merry Farm, which will be far less crowded but which has a very old time Christmas feel.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disney Fan & Musician

What do you guys think of the weekend of 3 - 4 or 10 - 11?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

^^
    Those early dates should be much better than later. And if you are able to visit during the week instead of the weekend it should actually be pretty nice.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Silent Lucidity

Before all the little kiddies are out of school for Christmas Break!

Check this site for LAUSD school schedules:

Los Angeles Unified School District

• Please pull the yellowtab

Take advantage of the time before a majority of schools set their students free for winter break. In other words, visit the parks as early in December as you can.

But be on the lookout for Candlelight Processional which occurs early in December. The special event draws a huge crowd every year without fail. I don't know the date for it. I'm sure somebody on Micechat will find out and will announce it when they do.

The parks will be busy no matter what. But the earlier you go the better.
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 11-04-2010 at 08:03 PM.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Blew By You

I think Dec 4th is one of the Candlelight nights. That'll definitely be one date to miss. Plus it's the date of the annual Crosstown Rivalry game and ESPNZone and Downtown will probably be busy too.

• Koubu Pilot

Last year, I went at the beginning of the month, on a Thursday, right before the Candlelight Processional. I don't remember anything being down for refurb, though they were setting up for the CP in Town Square, but I was fine with that. I think it's a great, annual tradition that the park continues to do each year. I had a one day park hopper I bought on discount through work and was able to hit all the attractions in both parks, including Midway Mania (had to wait for it to open after about 10 minutes due to technical difficulties). The crowds were refreshingly light, as I'm used to going only in the summer.

I plan to go Nov 30th-Dec 2nd and hope the crowds are light. Kids are back in school and parents are out shopping for Christmas deals out in stores. At least that is my thinking when I planned my trip.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

The closer you get to the holidays, the busier it will be. More people off from work, the kids are out of school. The first few weeks of December should probably be nice and quite manageable. But after mid December be prepared for major crowds and to adjust accordingly. If you go in mentally prepared for crowds, to me it makes a difference in how your day goes, whether your unhappy or are able to roll with it.