Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Elk Grove Chris

First Trip Report-Oct 28-30

Found out late September I would be heading down to Palm Springs for a conference at the end of October. Conference ending Thursday at noon...almost the weekend...Anaheim not that far away..I did the math=DISNEYLAND!

Thursday

FIRST SOLO TRIP! Ah...Disneyland...excited and feeling weird at the same time being there all by myself. Well not exactly by myself, seemed a bit crowded at first but there was just a log jam on main street. Went and got my first AP processed, very quick, no one in line.

At this point I had sensory overload, where to first? Went and grabbed a Fastpass for Ghost Galaxy (standby was 30 minutes). Walked over to NOS just taking it all in, decorations were awesome (first time seeing Halloween goods). Skipped down a bit and jumped on Indy (15 minute wait), then Pirates (walk on), and HM (20 minute wait).

Friday
    Picked up Wife at Airport, traffic not as bad as I thought it would be at 7:00 am. I guess it took about 20 minutes. Walked over to Ghost Galaxy again, solo riding. Strolled over to NOS. Got a FastPass for Indy, walked on to Pirates, then about a 5 minute wait on HM. Went over to BTMRR, Wife got a little adventurous and joined me, she actually liked it a lot. Headed back for Indy, then Pirates and HM again. Sat down and people watched for about half an hour.

Headed over to CA to check out all of the construction. WOW! Cannot wait until all the new stuff is online. Got FastPasses for Soarin', then headed to CA Screamin' for solo ride. Cove bar, lobster nachos, nuff said. Hit Soarin', twice, second time about a 10 minute wait.

Back to DL around 2. Spent some time in the shops on Main Street. I ran and got us FastPasses for Indy. Hit Matterhorn on way back, about a 20 minute wait. Went back around 3:45 to get wristbands for Halloween Party. CM's were very serious about checking wristbands. Candy carts were coming out around 6:30. Got stuck trying to position around for the Fireworks, was not in the right position and lacked the skill to get any good pics.

Saturday
    Headed over to make ressie for 11:30 at Cafe Orleans. Hit Pirates, walk on, HM about 10 minute wait.

Used a FastPass we got before lunch for HM, crowds really picking up around 12:30, good 60 minute wait here. Bank robbery skit going on over by the Golden Horseshoe. Guess who got roped into being the town drunk, thanks Sally. Actually was a lot of fun, big crowd watching.

Watched the Billy's after that, as always just plain excellent. Back to BTMRR. Wait was 45 minutes. Decided we had one more ride in us, so headed over to get FastPass for Indy, did some shopping while we waited. After Indy, headed back to Main Street for some more shopping. Got a few ghost Mickey's on the way out. Saw aftermath of fire, huge emergency response, glad no one was hurt.
    Overall excellent trip. Thursday evening crowds were not that bad. Friday crowds increased significantly, especially after noon. There were a lot of people at the Halloween party too. Not sure I would do the party again, probably would if we brought the kids.

Main Street windows

looks like we are in the bayou

• Wilderness Explorer

Re: First Trip Report-Oct 28-30

You've got some awesome photos in there, man. Great job, and nice TR.
    I just moved closer to Disneyland for school and I've been trying to find some time to make my first ever solo trip to Disneyland for photography as well.
    I don't know what you're talking about, your fireworks photography seemed pretty good to me. Were you using a tripod?

Gah, your photos make me not want to post my snapshots. Nice photos!

"I DIG A.D.D."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Chris - Thanks for your first trip report - Your photos are incredible! Thanks for sharing them with us!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great first TR! Love the fireworks shots!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Elk Grove Chris

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Really need to practice taking night shots (whole ISO/shutter speed thing still tricky for me). Should have had the camera on manual focus during fireworks and all dialed in but wasnt to be.

Yes, the night shots for the most part were with a tripod. Some of the night castle shots were done by bracing against a pole or something (thanks for the tip HotSauce!). I use a Canon 40D, mostly with a 18-135 lens. For inside shots I was using a Canon fixed 50mm (again, thanks for tip on that nice open aperture HotSauce).
    Last edited by chris001; 11-05-2010 at 08:35 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Very nice! As others have said, wonderful pictures! Glad you were able to sneak over to D-land after your conference for some fun!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Elk Grove Chris

a few more pics:

• wishing upon a star :)

Thanks so much for sharing! I really like the shots of BTMR, but they're all great!

wow the food is delicious
    I am traveling now.

• wanderlust

Great Trip Report! Thanks for sharing
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

• Minion

Great trip report and really nice photos. Keep posting!
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Found my prince!

Quote Originally Posted by chris001 View Post
    Found out late September I would be heading down to Palm Springs for a conference at the end of October. Conference ending Thursday at noon...almost the weekend...Anaheim not that far away..I did the math=DISNEYLAND!

Thursday

FIRST SOLO TRIP! Ah...Disneyland...excited and feeling weird at the same time being there all by myself.

I'm doing the same thing next Friday afternoon and Saturday. This will be my second solo trip and I cant wait!

Thanks for the great pictures looks like you two had a greaT TIME.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Great report- thanks! (And yep, great photos, too!)
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast