Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Re: Disney Resort trip report 11-17-05

Regarding the IASW projections, I want to see this next Wed. I understand it happens every 15 minutes. Two questions:

1. Do they happen at each quarter hour, i.e., 6PM, 6:15PM, 6:30PM, etc., or are they at different times?

2. What time is the first one and what time is the last one?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlaw
    Tom, when you talk about what you saw at IASW, was that for the holiday lighting moment or what happens there as part of the projections they do during the fireworks?
    It is apparently done with the same projector as used in the fireworks presentation, but is a completely different show. Every 15 minutes, the little doors under the "clock" open for a processional of dolls, then another set of doors opens to show the time, then this holiday "light show" follows. It's quite amazing. Much more complex and colorful than the fireworks projections. Somehow, the imagineers were able to focus the projected colors with enough accuracy to make it look like specific details of the facade are changing colors
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Tree is also enhanced with fake braches. Take a closer look and feel next time - we could figure out the difference, knowing what we were looking for!!
    Perhaps I was feeling one of the "enhanced" branches. It was certainly very fake feeling... but admittedly, looked great.

I'm assuming the IASW projection show goes off every 15 minutes, but please confirm this with guest relations or a knowledgeable cast member. It was definately 6:45 when we saw it. When it finished, we wanted to go on the ride to see the holiday overlay, but they closed it to prepare for the fireworks show at 7:45.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12