• 1375 miles away

Can anyone answer... leaving in 3 days!

Almost time to head to the park and I have three food questions. First two are for my son....

1. How many different places sell turkey legs? Locations, please.
    2. In WDW they had some cola and cherry flavored icee like drinks in Fantasyland near Dumbo. Do they have anything like that at DL or CA?
    3. Do they always make caramel apples using green apples? I seem to recall them using red apples in our earlier years and I liked them so much better. Does anyone else remember them having red apples too or know if I can find them anywhere in the parks?
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• our happily ever after

Re: Can anyone answer... leaving in 3 days!

They always have a cart selling turkey legs near the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland and across from the Matterhorn...in CA adventure they have them across from Toy Story Midway mania

• Judge me by my size?

Quote Originally Posted by TiffLuvsBTM View Post
    They always have a cart selling turkey legs near the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland and across from the Matterhorn...in CA adventure they have them across from Toy Story Midway mania
    They also sell turkey legs in the hub next to the Partners Statue and there's also another cart in the Hollywood Backlot Studios in DCA.

Not sure about the Icee drinks in DL or DCA, but I do know they sell them at the Jazz Express Kitchen in Downtown Disney near the monorail station. If you go here make sure you try the beignets too...they're the best!
    May the force be with you!

• no flash photography...

When it's hot they sell icee type drinks on or near the pier in DCA. The last couple times I've been it's been closed, but I haven't been when it's hot in a couple years.

• our happily ever after

On hot days they have carts selling slushie lemonades...near Haunted Mansion, near the turkey leg cart in Frontierland, and by Casey Jr in Fantasyland. I didn't see them out today.

Oh and regarding the caramel apples...I have seen a lot of variety lately! They use red and green apples with different types of coating, not just caramel. I had a yummy world of color one with marshmallow, caramel, and rainbow sprinkles =)

• WoC Enthusiast

They have one icee cart in fantasyland, I can't remember if its near the restrooms by casey jr, or if they're across the way from the matterhorn. They sell cherry and blueberry.

I've never seen a caramel red apple at disneyland... but that could just be me.

W
    orld Of Color count -- 7 times

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mariezp View Post
    Almost time to head to the park and I have three food questions. First two are for my son....

1. How many different places sell turkey legs? Locations, please.
    2. In WDW they had some cola and cherry flavored icee like drinks in Fantasyland near Dumbo. Do they have anything like that at DL or CA?
    3. Do they always make caramel apples using green apples? I seem to recall them using red apples in our earlier years and I liked them so much better. Does anyone else remember them having red apples too or know if I can find them anywhere in the parks?
    1. Turkey legs are found in quite a few places. For sure, as people have already mentioned, there's a cart in the hub and a stand called Don Tomas directly across from the TSMM attraction in DCA

2. There is a stand called Edelweiss Snacks directly across from the Matterhorn queue. You can't miss it. Nothing is around it and it looks like a little Swiss hut. They have cherry, blueberry, and green apple. In the summer, I seem to remember there being Coke too.

3. I've never seen them with red apples. With that said, I don't pay attention to the carmel apples really, since I never get them. But the green ones they use aren't sour and like someone said earlier, they use chocolate, sprinkles, marshmallows and more besides just carmel.

If you need help finding a turkey leg stand or slushies when you are in the park, Cast Members will be more than happy to direct you.

Have a great trip!

• Banned User

If you get a caramel apple get the Apple Pie apple! They are DIVINE! So good! Caramel, white chocolate and pie spices! SO yummy! And no we don't sell red apples, they're all green. They're not that sour either.

• A Weather Eye Open

oddly enough, inside DL most of the places i know to buy turkey legs are very near a place to buy the slushie lemonades (which actually come in many flavors). frontierland outside the golden horseshoe comes to mind.

i think there's turkey legs sold in the hub across from entrance to frontierland as well, and possibly in the little hut across from the matterhorn (where there are also slushies).

there are more slushies in fantasyland across from the bathrooms next to village haus (which is closed for construction)

these are all i can think of right now, besides the one on the pier in DCA.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

hmmm i cant answer that
    I am traveling now.

• 1375 miles away

Thank you all so much! And, if anyone has anything else to add please don't hesitate.

My son will be so happy to hear about all the different turkey leg possibilities! He had actually asked me if I could get him a map with all the locations marked. He seems to think that is all he is wanting to eat on our trip. LOL! So.... no map but plenty of ideas where to find those legs.

It looks like TiffLuvsBTM is the only one who recalls seeing red apples besides me. Oh well, if green is all they have... green will just have to do!

Here's hoping some of the slushie locations are opened!

2 more days!
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• Tink 2 Three

We love the turkey legs too. I know the one in the hub isn't far from Carnation Gardens and we once bought a turkey leg and walked over to the tables in the Gardens to sit down and eat it. And then use the nearby bathrooms to wash our messy hands! And one of the carts in DCA is near the hotdog place in Hollywood Backlot, so we were able to sit at the tables by the Muppet show.