• formerly very helpful

Armchair Imagineering: Alien Explorers

I have no computer graphic skills, so this will have to be all with words. If anyone wants to make some illustrations, go right ahead.
    This would go at the current location of Innoventions, and make use of some of the adjacent backstage areas.

I'm a little tired of all the new attractions being based on Disney characters, so I thought up an idea for a Tomorrowland attraction which would have no connection to a Disney character.

In the beginning, people would board the main starship. THis would be a walkthru part like the beginning of Haunted Mansion. The guests would be brought into a briefing room where they would be told of the "mission" where they would be scouting a location on an alien world for possible colonizing. This would be done on viewscreens. At the close of the briefing, lights would flash on and off, smoke effects would fill the room, floor would shake, and the guests would be told the ship was struck by a rogue meteor. The ship is damaged and losing power. To repair the ship before it loses all power and any chance of escape, they have to locate a rare component/power source to repower the engines. Fortunately, due to some kind of doubletalk, the ship still has limited power, but it's losing fast.
    As luck would have it, there is a supply located on a nearby planet. After a few moments of travel, and some nifty effects through the viewscreen, we reach the planet and land.
    The guests are then brought into the landing bay where they board their 3 people crafts to explore the planet's surface and track down the component. These will be some type of onmimover vehicle.
    Once boarded, the vehicles leave the main ship and explore the planet's surface. Along the way, they encounter assorted obstacles of a sort that I really haven't figured out yet.
    Finally, they find the deposit of the rare component, and return it to the ship. We learn that not only does this planet have a large supply of this, but with a little work, it will work out as a suitable site for a colony. Both missions solved.

I realize this needs a lot more thinking through, but I wanted to put it out there, anyway.
    Not that I can actually build this for Disney, but I'd still welcome constructive feedback.

• Ryan

Re: Armchair Imagineering: Alien Explorers

i like where you are going with this..... it would be cool if the ride vehicle looked like a robotic spider with arms that would move to walk around. It would use trackless technology roaming around, actually feeling real on the planet. Just a thought.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

This would actually sound better using the Trackless tech, than the omni-mover tech.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• formerly very helpful

^^^^Not being too technical, or in step with new technology, I hadn't thought of that, but I like it. Get started on that right away!

• Future Disney Imagineer

Trackless technology would be great and suitable for roaming the planet's surface. I've thought of a darkride very similar to this, but can replace Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters by covering the planet in AA aliens, which you shoot them with lazers. It would be a more elaborate and advanced lazer tag ride. That would leave BLAB with new space for a new ride- or even put this rides showbuilding in BLAB, and leave TRON for the Innoventions showbuilding.

• Minion

Trackless would be better but I love your Concept and idea! :]