Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I love the idea. I have always loved this type of ride and think it's a great form of transportation.

• Reaver of Souls

Better yet, how about a "ride" that tricks people into thinking it's a new E Ticket. They get in by the subs in TL, go underground on a roller-coaster type car, go around in circles under the park a few times, and get off in Paradise Pier. That would at least get more people in DCA, and get some people some exercise by making them want to run back over to DL...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

All I can say is wow That made my day..ok maybe not my whole day but my afternoon. Hahaha. Can you imaging what that skycar would look and smell like when they reach FL...aacckkk nasty.. "Oh sorry had to go somewhere"..hahaaha I say it wold take at least 4days to get there..hahaha the speed the orginal skyway was going..haaha But hey a monorail or bullet train would be dope.. A disneyline bullet train.. like the one in japan or is it tokyo. Well the one that goes 100+mph.

but to dca to dl would be awesome.. maybe a larger cabin to hold more people.. with windows so we dont ahve that problem of peole leaning over and falling out.. Bu tyah i like the idea to DCA-DL
    Last edited by XCLIPSE129; 03-08-2005 at 04:05 PM.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Better yet, how about a "ride" that tricks people into thinking it's a new E Ticket. They get in by the subs in TL, go underground on a roller-coaster type car, go around in circles under the park a few times, and get off in Paradise Pier. That would at least get more people in DCA, and get some people some exercise by making them want to run back over to DL...
    and i heard when it goes thru space mountain it has a loop and LIM launch.. hahaah

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by XCLIPSE129
    and i heard when it goes thru space mountain it has a loop and LIM launch.. hahaah
    Hey, how did you know?!?

Think about this: if we ever create molecular transporters (a la Star Trek) We could walk through a portal in TL in Anahaim, and exit a portal on TL Florida. Or Paris. Or Tokyo. How sweet would that be? And think of the ticketing nightmare THAT would create!

Talk about "Ultimate Park Hopper"!!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Talk about "Ultimate Park Hopper"!!
    More like, "Extreme Park Hopper.. Cation not responsible for lost molecules!" but ayah that would be awesome.. any travel to the parks in an instant would be great.

• My Children's Father

When did MK in Fla gain exclusive rights to the MK title? I remember in my youth, and even more recently than that, hearing Disneyland referred to as "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom"

Back on topic, see my ideas for linking the parks here:

http://micechat.com/showthread.php?p=12596#post12596
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by XCLIPSE129
    More like, "Extreme Park Hopper.. Cation not responsible for lost molecules!" but ayah that would be awesome.. any travel to the parks in an instant would be great.
    Now it would be rather hard to walk off that attraction when it went 101, now, wouldn't it?

They should just make a giant plastic tube version of the ones at the bank drive throughs. The tube "flushes" you from from DL to DCA. You come out in the middle of the pond...

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    How's this?

I hate every single thing about the idea.

Edit...edit edit.....

Man, you must be a grade-A blast at parties. Sheesh.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

The best thing about transportation between the parks would be not having to stand in line at the gate and go through the little 'security check.' But then you would still probably have to stand in line for the ride anyway. Also, it would look a little weird to put something else going across the esplanade when the monorail already does. The best thing would be if there were a monorail station at DCA, but then the track would need to be lengthened between there and the Downtown stop. All in all, not too likely, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by bearride
    Oooo! Have each seat become a Port-a-potty.

Just Kidding
    That would be mighty stinky. I only went on the original skyway 1 time when I was a kid and it freaked me out (scared of heights) so I wouldnt care either way if they put one in or not.
    Remain Seated Please..... :o

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    The best thing about transportation between the parks would be not having to stand in line at the gate and go through the little 'security check.'
    The bag checks now happen before you enter the Esplenade, so you don't have to go through it when hopping between parks.

• I was deleted.

Traffic Jam

So most of us like the overall concept, but we don't want to look at it or have to deal with people in line without the right tickets to get there and capacity issues. With the old skyway it was used to get across the parade route a lot, right? This could serve the same purpose. Since DCA closes early MANY people flood right into DL RIGHT after the Electrical Light Parade ends (heck, I'm one of them!) and into DL (often to see a fireworks show). This creates a lot of traffic right through main street, especially with people sitting down to watch in front of the castle. If there was another way to filter people in I bet we'd all be for that? Or at least most of us anyway. But I agree, no ugly things, PLEASE!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    1) ick.... skyway was ugly and the park is better with it gone...
    2) How are you going to do ticket checks... Sorry, can't ride unless you have a hopper? This is why the monorail doesn't have DCA stops.
    And do you just shut it down on days DL is at capacity...
    3) Yuck..... do not like the idea at all.
    1) The Skyway was not ugly and fit right into the theme of both Fantasyland and Tomorrowland when it first started operation....in 82 when FL went to a Bavarian theme it was then a bit out of place but a redesign of the buckets could fix that easy enough.....and nothing can really hurt the theme in DCA

2) The monorail not having DCA stops has nothing to do with any ticket issues........besides, open up the Skyway to have 4 stops, two in each Park, so if you try to get on in TL or HPBL(the other two stops would be FL and PP) just have signs stating where each one is going and make sure those who are park hopping have the proper ticket(its not that hard).

3) I love the idea. Have 3 seperate lines one going from FL to TL, one from TL to HPBL, and one from HPBL to PP.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Wow! from DCA to the Magic Kindom in FL???? That WOULD be amazing!

But, yes, it would be extremely cool if they built a skyway that crossed dca and disneyland. Great idea!
    I remember when DL CM's used to say at the end of a show: "Enjoy the rest of your day here at Disney's Magic Kingdom."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast