Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by wem1985
    Wouldn't it be neat if they built an all new skyway that went from DCA all the way over to the Magic Kingdom? Your thoughts? It could go from Paradise Pier over to Fantasyland, or Tomorrowland....

Your thoughts?
    I personally liked the Skyway and miss it. The eyesore issues could be addressed to a certain extent, I think. The original skyway would fit in with the theme of PP, but not with TL - I'd have to go with Fantasy Land.

I'd rather see a monorail stop, or people mover return and extension to DCA and the MaF parking structure.

• Sock Puppet

HECK YES!!! And after that, they can make a DLRR-type thing for DCA. It is a PAIN to walk from 1 end of that park to the other!!

• Sock Puppet

I agree that it would be neat to have a Skyway go between DL and DCA, but there are some matters that would make it not work very well.

1st:There's the matter if everyone has park hopper tickets or just one-park tickets.

2nd:There's also the matter if someone in the entry plaza without tickets climbs the Skyway pole and clunch the bottom of the buck to get in the park without paying.

(Just kidding on the second one!

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    But are those reasons to open a ride? Shouldn't rides be fun? If they are going to spend money on it, shouldn't the FIRST question be, how can we make a ride that people will really want to go on?

This is my problem with the pier....

It looks so good lit up at night, from a distance.

I don't want lands themed to look good from a distance. I want lands that are awesome fun to be IN!!!!

I don't want rides that make Tomorrowland look better. I don't want rides that help people be fat and lazy. I don't want a ride just becuase it reuses old track.

I want rides that are FUN to ride!
    You're right, how selfish of us. Let's make sure Disney only does the things that YOU want to do.

• Magical Memories fanzine

well I really want to go on a new skyway ride, I absolutely loved the views on the old one, and it was THE place to be for the fireworks shows, it really really enhanced the fireworks shows into something truly magical. As for the views of the tops of the buildings, didnt bother me much as a kid, but it is fixable; just put small Disney themed tableus on the rooftops of the buildings seen from the skyway, you could even have a audio narration telling about them. This could feasibly enhance the magic of each ride as well; basically going over over-sized dioramas that are related to the ride they are on top of: Alice for instance could be the tulgey wood or something like that, and if you located them properly people need never see them from ground level. You could also include dioramas to under utilized Disney movies; such as the mary poppins rooftops of london. At christmas time they could have another christmas ride, by putting in christmas displays on the roofs. Heck you could even make it an interactive ride, by asking Disney trivia about each movie that the diorama is based on, and having "answer buttons" in the car, if they answer right something happens with the diorama below; for instance in a Aladdin diorama a right answer would have aladdin and jasmine flying on carpet in a circle or something like that. The answers would be triggered by a signals sent out from the cars to the dioramas. Plus you could really have two rides in one, by having some special magical lighting effects on the diormas at night. As for the idea of people throwing things from the ride, or jumping; every newer skyway type car I have seen is enclosed in wrap around plexiglass windows.

Plus as I have pointed out before, it was also one of the only options to get the heck away from that crazy parade route, and get to the other side of the park without feeling like you were being stampeded by a herd of hippos. And that was BEFORE Fantasmic, I love F, but it sure clogs up the walkways something feirce, and makes for some absolutely crazy congestion. And if they keep making shows like the current 50th fireworks show (in the round) they are going to have to do SOMETHING to allow people to get around more and alleviate traffic. The train is simply not going to be enough, it barely was before, now with EVERYONE trying to crowd into the hub to see the show, because you cant properly see it all from anything BUT the hub, there is going to be some serious trouble. Thats even without having to shut down any extra rides to accomidate the fallout of the fireworks.

I say bring back a better updated version with some nice theming, and really turn it into a multipurpose ride; one for entertainment AND transporation.

How would this look from the ground?

If it goes over Man Street it ruins that atmophere. It would be unthinkable for it to go over Adventureland and Frountierland. If it enters DL over Tomorrowland, it would destroy the view of Space Mountain--not to mention going over back stage areas with views of CMs half out of costume. It would ruin the feel of the esplanade and make the whole place feel like a carnival.

The only motivation for doing this that I can see is to get people from DL to go to DCA.

It seems very carnival and not very Disney.

...and I liked the old Sky Way.

Why not add a new Monorail train to the existing fleet and build a new station in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Have one line be for Standby (riders on the present trains) and one line be for Parkhoppers (riders on the new train). This would make parkhopping a lot more convenient and might be a little less expensive than creating an entirely new transportation network (a new Skyway). A new Monorail station and train might alleviate some congestion on Main Street. Also, I agree that DCA desperately needs some form of transportation within the Park. Since it does not have a well-designed hub that makes traveling from one section to another easy, it needs to have some way of getting from Paradise Pier to the Hollywood Tower Hotel without getting exhausted. I know that many Americans are lazy, but we need to consider senior citizens and small children if we are ever going to make DCA a family-friendly park.

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    How's this?

I hate every single thing about the idea.

Skyway was ugly, low capacity, and boring. The only time I enjoyed it was when I was 10 and could drop things on people, and when I was a teen and wanted a bit of unsupervised time with a girlfriend..... neither things I'ld like to see come back to DLR.

If walking across the park is a hastle, how is waiting in line for an hour with all the 10 y/o that want to drop stuff on peope and the teens that want to do nasty things going to be any less of a hastle?

How is showing people even more back stage areas a good thing? Oh look, Mickey on a smoke break.

How is stringing more big ugly wires and poles over the resort a good thing?

Okay...... I'll switch to being positive....

Well, I think it is a great idea if you can figure out a way to make it totally invisable and can block views of all backstage areas and can remove the need to worry about tickets and can make sure it never has a line and can make sure everyine on the ride is superviesed at all times and can make sure there is no liability risk of idiots jumping out then trying to sue Disney for damages..... If you can do all that, I love the idea.
    there are no backstage areas through the center of the parks

• Master of Disaster

why a skybucket though? why not the peoplemover!

peoplemover works as an actual ride send it through the upstairs of the buildings on mainstreet. this would eliminate backstage exposure issues and can also be used as show elements. hey why not make it a time traveling experience! stepping back through time and viewing a history of disneyland type ride experience. it could come out of disneyland above the dog kenels and go across into the hollywood pictures backlot where people get off/on and enjoy the ride.

heres the short list of benefits this has. 1. new ride in tomorowland, 2. what to do with the peoplemover track, 3. transportation to DCA and back. 4. not ruining the look and atmosphere of other lands.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    why a skybucket though? why not the peoplemover!

heres the short list of benefits this has. 1. new ride in tomorowland, 2. what to do with the peoplemover track, 3. transportation to DCA and back. 4. not ruining the look and atmosphere of other lands.
    I love the idea of a PeopleMover too. However, I think a SkyWay could be constructed for about 1/20th the cost(just my guesstiment).
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwish
    there are no backstage areas through the center of the parks
    through the center? that would be attrocious skyway would be horrid going down mainstreet, of course it'd also be horrid going over the center of the esplande or whatever the entry plasa is called/spelled. heck it'd even look horrid going over DCA

and I'm afraid you WOULD see backstage areas as well as the tops to all of the buildings

the whole point of Disneyland and Disney parks in general is illusion, illusion of space illusion of size illusion of time period

and yet if you look at it from the air it brings way to much into perspective, you haven't time traveled and you haven't even walked very far you can see all the acient temples really only have flat tops and that the trips into worlds of fantasy are just tiny little buildings and like others have said, you'd see cast members on break and tons of other stuff

it's bad enough that DCA has a ferris wheel and coaster that let you see how tiny the park is why would I want to see how tiny BOTH parks are (heck one could argue that DCA would seem much bigger if only you DIDN'T see it from so high up and get great views of the parking lot and other areas)

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

I think thats why the PM would be a better idea...doesn't San Fran have the BART? The PM could be designed futuristic and similar to the BART. Have the PM station like the Monorail station at the hotel...outside the main gates.

Anyway, to avoid a visual catastrophy I mentioned earlier having the PM track monitored by a cast member and different colored cars to be switched off the main PM track to go to DCA. The track to exit TL and go to DCA could be switched just after the Innoventions building and parallel the Monorail track. Once switched to this track the audio would change to tell people of the DCA scheduled events and latest the PM would run to DCA. This wouldn't inhibit the backstage and overall themeing for TL or DCA. The BART idea coordinates with the SF bay bridge and ties in with the idea of the PM moving people as the name implies.

Upon returning into DL the PM would follow the exisiting track over the lagoon and autopia back to the TL hub. Those who opt not to go to DCA would simply follow the existing route.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    through the center? that would be attrocious skyway would be horrid going down mainstreet, of course it'd also be horrid going over the center of the esplande or whatever the entry plasa is called/spelled. heck it'd even look horrid going over DCA

and I'm afraid you WOULD see backstage areas as well as the tops to all of the buildings

the whole point of Disneyland and Disney parks in general is illusion, illusion of space illusion of size illusion of time period

and yet if you look at it from the air it brings way to much into perspective, you haven't time traveled and you haven't even walked very far you can see all the acient temples really only have flat tops and that the trips into worlds of fantasy are just tiny little buildings and like others have said, you'd see cast members on break and tons of other stuff

it's bad enough that DCA has a ferris wheel and coaster that let you see how tiny the park is why would I want to see how tiny BOTH parks are (heck one could argue that DCA would seem much bigger if only you DIDN'T see it from so high up and get great views of the parking lot and other areas)
    I agree with every word. Exactly right!

• Minion

I love some of these Ideas!

I have lived In the L.A. area all of my life and whet to DL about once or twice a year, untill the last year when I and my family became AP's. We have since been to DLR on the average of 2-4 times a month. Prior to the last year when we went to DLR we made a 2 day trip of seeing 1 park each day. Lots of walking for small children makes the trek going between the two parks a difficult one. I love the Idea of being able to park hop without going all the way back to the entrance plaza and waiting in line all over again.

BTW dont ever let anyone tell you that posts for Ideas like these don't get back to the people that make decisions. Large and small companies look for ideas all over nowadays.

Re: New skyway from DCA to Disneyland Park

First off DCA should not be there, it is Disney at its worst, next to the mess made of Tomorrowland.
    Bring back the skyway just as it was and leave the poor park be.
    The sad state of Disneyland really brings a tear to my eye..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast