View Poll Results: What TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland Would You Like To See?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • A TRON themed PeopleMover

117 27.59%
  • A TRON themed indoor/outdoor special effects high speed track ride

163 38.44%
  • A TRON 3-D simulator ride

27 6.37%
  • A Tron non-3-D simulator ride

16 3.77%
  • A TRON darkride using "trackless" technology

102 24.06%
  • A TRON outdoor coaster

8 1.89%
  • A TRON indoor coaster

76 17.92%
  • A TRON outdoor/indoor coaster

45 10.61%
  • A TRON Supersoaker coaster sponsored by Michelob Beer

21 4.95%
  • Other

30 7.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I think he just wants you to think he's a big shot, I'm suspicious of big news announced by those who have less than 100 posts.
    Sorry I don't make a lot of meaningless posts to simply rack up post-numbers. Not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    I'm going against the first two posters on the tron bikes on the PM track.

Think about how low capacity that'd be.

If they did a TRON Lightcycle ride, I'd take a guess and say it'd replace Innoventions, with a newer style of the older PM going back on the track.

Here's a thought. What if they made a Lightcycle ride similar to the Pony Express ride at Knott's on the PM track. I think all they would need to do is shore up the PM track and add the tubular coaster track on top of the PM track. No need to really change the PM track as they could add any banked track slightly above the PM track. It would be able to go just as fast, if not faster than the Rocket Rods. You would also be able to have about, lets say 16 to 20 people at a time. So what do you think? Is it doable?
    Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose!

• Senior Minion

What I think would be the best, and hopefully close to what they are planing, would be a robotic arm system mounted to a modified test track/coaster type system. I would picture that being able to really make for a close proximity of the lightcycle movements. Supposedly they had been working on something like that for an Incredibles ride and it would make perfect sense for Tron too. It could be awesome, taking a jump past the Harry Potter attraction for ride tech.

There's a lot of things that WDI could do with robotic arms, lasers, and projection that haven't been done yet and this would be a perfect ride for it. I don't know what would work best for capacity and the type of ride experience, but if I'm right it will be interesting to see what the do. Most likely it will be necessary to form some kind of train in order to keep capacity high, but hopefully whatever they do still makes for a good experience.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

what if they enclosed the pm track? granted it wouldn't look great on the outside, but on the inside they could have a completely dark ride with no ugly rails and a "high speed" track for light cycles. innovations could be the new show building and they could probably add some more track inside there too. just a thought.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    While you can never predict with 100% accuracy how a film will do, it's becoming safer and safer to say that 'TRON: Legacy' is going to perform very closely to Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland'. Thus giving Disney the #1, 2 and 3 films of the year.

Pixar being brought in isn't a death sentence. Pixar was actually brought in during post-production to give a different cut of the film and to see what a more 'family friendly' version would look like. Luckily Iger wasn't as thrilled with this cut and it won't be used, instead giving us the more action-packed, darker film.

The script for 'TRON: Legacy' is phenomenal - an excellent, deep and emotionally driven story with heart and even some humor (Quorra is great).

I can say with the utmost confidence that the film will comfortably cross the $1B mark with ease. Patience...
    Hopefully You are right on this industry is tracking opening weekend at 50 million and then 200 million domestically... It would need a huge international toll to get to a billion or tracking numbers are way off ....

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgangkurt View Post
    what if they enclosed the pm track? granted it wouldn't look great on the outside, but on the inside they could have a completely dark ride with no ugly rails and a "high speed" track for light cycles. innovations could be the new show building and they could probably add some more track inside there too. just a thought.
    The PM will either com back as the PM or not at all most likely and even then its a slim chance of coming back because of new Constitution laws.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Constitution laws? What amendment?

And here I thought it was just state legislation..

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by ComPrt3 View Post
    Here's a thought. What if they made a Lightcycle ride similar to the Pony Express ride at Knott's on the PM track. I think all they would need to do is shore up the PM track and add the tubular coaster track on top of the PM track. No need to really change the PM track as they could add any banked track slightly above the PM track. It would be able to go just as fast, if not faster than the Rocket Rods. You would also be able to have about, lets say 16 to 20 people at a time. So what do you think? Is it doable?
    Wouldn't work and wouldn't be that great, honestly. Again, I ask - say you have a nice big piece of real estate with no real rules, but you also have a tiny box with a lot of rules and problems. What would you pick? And no, you wouldn't be able to go very fast on the PM track without completely tearing it down and rebuilding to support the weight of the vehicles and passengers moving at such a high speed doing such advanced maneuvers. These vehicles aren't standard roller coaster cars - they're a brand new design on top of an even bigger piece of machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    What I think would be the best, and hopefully close to what they are planing, would be a robotic arm system mounted to a modified test track/coaster type system. I would picture that being able to really make for a close proximity of the lightcycle movements. Supposedly they had been working on something like that for an Incredibles ride and it would make perfect sense for Tron too. It could be awesome, taking a jump past the Harry Potter attraction for ride tech.

There's a lot of things that WDI could do with robotic arms, lasers, and projection that haven't been done yet and this would be a perfect ride for it. I don't know what would work best for capacity and the type of ride experience, but if I'm right it will be interesting to see what the do. Most likely it will be necessary to form some kind of train in order to keep capacity high, but hopefully whatever they do still makes for a good experience.
    The reason the Incredibles ride was never built was because the ride system wasn't reliable enough. You think Indy goes down a lot? This would operate about 20% of the time. Granted, there was a lot being asked of the system, but it just wasn't worth it. The mock up was damn cool, though.

This attraction won't be using a robotic arm. WDI has something cooler up their sleeve. Robotic arms are so 2010 Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgangkurt View Post
    What's the point of even using the PM track if it doesn't look great on the outside and you don't see out? Kind of renders the whole use of the track pointless, no?

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    Hopefully You are right on this industry is tracking opening weekend at 50 million and then 200 million domestically... It would need a huge international toll to get to a billion or tracking numbers are way off ....
    It's tracking a lot higher, but no one will be surprised if it over performs, in fact - that's what is expected. Word on the street is this could see Avatar-like performance.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Is it necessary to have seen the original to get the sequel?

• Closed Account

Nope. In fact, it's probably best if you don't watch the original.

Just a general question for everyone...

Why won't another indoor 'rollercoaster' work next to Space Mountain?

Meant to ask this earlier - Why do you need 3D glasses or glasses of any kind? Think bigger.

Warmer.

Visit Innoventions while you can.

The suspense is killing me... I hope it lasts!
    Last edited by ComPrt3; 11-18-2010 at 01:26 AM.

• The kid in the back room.

If you wanna know what's what, such as, who Clu is and why he looks exactly like Kevin Flynn. If you do decide to watch it, just... don't fall asleep.
    Off to the Academy of Dramatic Arts in 2013!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Met Demi Lovato at DCA on 9/24/2010! <3
    ------------------------------------------------------

• Senior Minion

Well I'm definitely intrigued and this makes me hope that the movie does well because this sounds very promising. When do you think the new ride will be announced? Do you think they'll wait until the next D23 Convention? I really want to know more about this ride system, it's been too long since Disney has used a really innovative new ride system at the DLR.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

It's tracking a lot higher, but no one will be surprised if it over performs, in fact - that's what is expected. Word on the street is this could see Avatar-like performance.
    Dont know where you looking but three industry sources all have it around 50 million opening and 200 million domestic... The only comparison to avatar it has gotten lately is that the special effects are on par or better... If it over performs it would need nearly double the projected opening and be able to dominate the off season,Wintertime is a tough time for movies.. You have a very small window to make alot of money , once new years day is over... the season is over, Titanic is the best model that would just dominate a very weak January, I dont know if Tron can duplicate what Titanic and Avatar did..
    Last edited by lighttragic; 11-18-2010 at 01:46 AM.

OK, one more guess and I'll (try to) shut up. Is it something like that no track train system? You know were the track/train rides the wheels/supports? Do you get what I mean?

Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661 ... LastLast