View Poll Results: What TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland Would You Like To See?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • A TRON themed PeopleMover

    117 27.59%
  • A TRON themed indoor/outdoor special effects high speed track ride

    163 38.44%
  • A TRON 3-D simulator ride

    27 6.37%
  • A Tron non-3-D simulator ride

    16 3.77%
  • A TRON darkride using "trackless" technology

    102 24.06%
  • A TRON outdoor coaster

    8 1.89%
  • A TRON indoor coaster

    76 17.92%
  • A TRON outdoor/indoor coaster

    45 10.61%
  • A TRON Supersoaker coaster sponsored by Michelob Beer

    21 4.95%
  • Other

    30 7.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1326
  1. #16

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,076

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Rebuild the PM track but use the "right of way"... There could be two single lanes and maybe you could even pass other light cyles on the left only to have them pass you again.
    The problem I have with using the PM track is that most of it is outside and the parts that are inside are really too limited........I want to be totally immersed in the world of Tron; I don't want to see the outside world anymore than someone riding the Haunted Mansion would want to suddenly see the line for Splash Mountain midway thru the Graveyard scene
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  2. #17

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Rebuild the PM track but use the "right of way"... There could be two single lanes and maybe you could even pass other light cyles on the left only to have them pass you again.
    Yes. Two lanes would present a different dynamic that would be quite exciting. Your idea of alternate passing would be cool, too. It would also be exciting if the portion of the returning bike track were placed right beside places on the first half. With this, the bikes would be passing eachother in opposite directions.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-10-2010 at 02:38 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  3. #18

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    The problem I have with using the PM track is that most of it is outside and the parts that are inside are really too limited........I want to be totally immersed in the world of Tron; I don't want to see the outside world anymore than someone riding the Haunted Mansion would want to suddenly see the line for Splash Mountain midway thru the Graveyard scene
    Perhaps it could be two rides in one - an indoor ride housed in a large building, and a PM adaptation.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #19

    • The 'Big Dreams' Kid
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,572

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    A TRON darkride using "trackless" technology


  5. #20

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    A TRON darkride using "trackless" technology
    This would be a completely different type of a ride. Me likey.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  6. #21

    • Christmastime for Rocker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Heres
    Posts
    6,524
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    A TRON darkride using "trackless" technology
    Voted the same right here. It would make sense since the new Tron movie has vehicles not on a track.

  7. #22

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,008

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Thanks for cruising by, Jeff and MainStreetLake.
    LOL that's a funny typo.

    Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Not to be a complete party-pooper, but imagine how not-Tron-like it would be to ride around all of the outdoor portions of the PeopleMover track, at very leisurely pace compared to how fast lightcycles appear to move.

    Besides, it has been widely reported (and confirmed) that, thanks to OSHA standards, the PeopleMover track can't be utilized for a ride without a serious re-design and lots of renovations. (Think widening it to make room for a walkway, adding handrails all along its edge, and emergency exit stairs or ladders every couple hundred feet.)
    I agree, regarding the TRON going outside.

    OSHA can die. Like, NOW. They killed Alice, and they're being a pain about the PM track. Granted the PM track needs a lot of work since it's just been sitting there..but still.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    As a sidenote, OSHA has been a thorn in the side of business for far too long, and I will personally celebrate the day that the agency is defunded and "goes out of business".
    THIS.

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I don't want to see the outside world anymore than someone riding the Haunted Mansion would want to suddenly see the line for Splash Mountain midway thru the Graveyard scene
    wait....what?

  8. #23

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,008

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Oh, and I vote for the supersoaker sponsored by Michelob. How awesome would it be to soak someone in a lightcycle beer?

  9. #24

    • Metal Head loves Disney
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Grid
    Posts
    1,675

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    3D simulator for me. Something in the way of Spaceship:Earth would be interesting if done right.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

    Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

  10. #25

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,076

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post

    wait....what?
    Let's assume The Haunted Masnion doesn't exsist for a moment. Ok, now let's assume that Disney is planning on building it but for whatever reason the ride vehicles will be going outside the show building for a portion of the ride and you will be subjected to the South Side of Splash Mountain, queue and all.

    Ok?

    It would still be a fun attraction, but it would lose the immersion factor.....that's why I am against using the PM track for TRON....I don't want TRON to be outside in the open, I want it to be INSIDE the world of TRON itself. But hey, if they do put in on the PM rightaway, I'll take it as better than nothing(and, looking at it from a glass half full perceptive, I guess it would be nice to finally get some movement inside Tomorrowland again).
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  11. #26

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    If it was right at the beginning of the ride:

    Say goodbye to the world of the living, for you're about to enter,
    THE HAUNTED MANSION

    Yeah it works.

  12. #27

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Oh, and I vote for the supersoaker sponsored by Michelob. How awesome would it be to soak someone in a lightcycle beer?
    Bahahahah OK this is my second choice.

  13. #28

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Oh, and I vote for the supersoaker sponsored by Michelob. How awesome would it be to soak someone in a lightcycle beer?
    I love your emphasis on light and beer. Soaking eachother with bear as opposed to H20 would have so much more...well...gusto.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Bahahahah OK this is my second choice.
    CHEERS!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  14. #29

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Voted the same right here. It would make sense since the new Tron movie has vehicles not on a track.
    This is interesting to know. Thanks, Rocker. Trackless vehicles added to the film should serve to make it far more entertaining.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  15. #30

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Let's assume The Haunted Masnion doesn't exsist for a moment. Ok, now let's assume that Disney is planning on building it but for whatever reason the ride vehicles will be going outside the show building for a portion of the ride and you will be subjected to the South Side of Splash Mountain, queue and all.

    Ok?

    It would still be a fun attraction, but it would lose the immersion factor.....that's why I am against using the PM track for TRON....I don't want TRON to be outside in the open, I want it to be INSIDE the world of TRON itself. But hey, if they do put in on the PM rightaway, I'll take it as better than nothing(and, looking at it from a glass half full perceptive, I guess it would be nice to finally get some movement inside Tomorrowland again).
    You argue a good point, Jeff. If the indoor ride is "trackless", I'm with you all the way my friend.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Should Tron have a place in Tomorrowland?
    By DznyFan17 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 07:46 PM
  2. [Rumor] Tron Returing To Tomorrowland?
    By Disneyland RR Guy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 02:42 PM
  3. Tomorrowland and TRON?
    By merlinjones in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 08:19 AM
  4. Was there a Tron Themed attraction?
    By clara in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 10:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •