View Poll Results: What TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland Would You Like To See?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • A TRON themed PeopleMover

117 27.59%
  • A TRON themed indoor/outdoor special effects high speed track ride

163 38.44%
  • A TRON 3-D simulator ride

27 6.37%
  • A Tron non-3-D simulator ride

16 3.77%
  • A TRON darkride using "trackless" technology

102 24.06%
  • A TRON outdoor coaster

8 1.89%
  • A TRON indoor coaster

76 17.92%
  • A TRON outdoor/indoor coaster

45 10.61%
  • A TRON Supersoaker coaster sponsored by Michelob Beer

21 4.95%
  • Other

30 7.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: New TRON Themed E-Ticket For Tomorrowland

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Let's assume The Haunted Masnion doesn't exsist for a moment. Ok, now let's assume that Disney is planning on building it but for whatever reason the ride vehicles will be going outside the show building for a portion of the ride and you will be subjected to the South Side of Splash Mountain, queue and all.

Ok?

It would still be a fun attraction, but it would lose the immersion factor.....that's why I am against using the PM track for TRON....I don't want TRON to be outside in the open, I want it to be INSIDE the world of TRON itself. But hey, if they do put in on the PM rightaway, I'll take it as better than nothing(and, looking at it from a glass half full perceptive, I guess it would be nice to finally get some movement inside Tomorrowland again).
    OH!!!!! I gotcha now. I didn't get what you meant. I thought you could actually see part of the queue from the HM graveyard scene...I was like "wait a second..." *thinks* "no....wait, it's possible...but how has it been missed?" Total blonde moment there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I love your emphasis on light and beer. Soaking eachother with bear as opposed to H20 would have so much more...well...gusto.

CHEERS!
    what's funny, is looking back, there's a few ways that joke could make sense.
    LIGHTcycle beer, for tron.
    and then LIGHT and BEER from Toy Story when Woody mocks buzz.

Ohkay, there's my epiphany for the day.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post

what's funny, is looking back, there's a few ways that joke could make sense.
    LIGHTcycle beer, for tron.
    and then LIGHT and BEER from Toy Story when Woody mocks buzz.

Ohkay, there's my epiphany for the day.

You're a true composer of epiphany symphony. Buzz Lightbeer is fun to toy around with.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• (Not a) New User

There's a difference between a box office hit and a smash hit. If it's a box office hit, it woulnd't matter if the movie was good or not, but it would have just made a lot of money. A smash hit would be a good movie that may or may not (but probably would) have been a box office hit as well. I personally think Disney will make a Tron ride as long as it's a box office hit, not necessarily a smash hit. I personally think it'll be both.

As for a ride, I'd like to see an IJA-type lightcycle dark ride throughout the grid, that would be an original ride with a new plot, not pertaining to either movie. Of course, I can bet this won't happen.

I'm not that excited about a Tron ride for 2 reasons:
    1) They haven't even greenlighted this yet. They haven't even made concept art yet.
    2)What's the most you can do with lines and colors?

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

A 3-D ride simulator would be cool but I really want a fast-track TRON ride.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by downbeat View Post
    A 3-D ride simulator would be cool but I really want a fast-track TRON ride.
    Yeah. a speedy track ride is what people are wanting for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    The problem I have with using the PM track is that most of it is outside and the parts that are inside are really too limited........I want to be totally immersed in the world of Tron; ,....
    I agree with this. I have said this alot of times and I don't get why people want it on the PM track. I want a 99.% Game Grid of Tron theme. I'm ok if it came out of the show building for a sec. I would have it replace Innovention, in a new building using some of the back stage area. What ever Innovention stuff they still want can go in the 2 stories Starcade building and the Starcade games can go in Flynn's arcade near the new Tron attraction. The ride would be indoors using a duel coaster type ride system or even a duel trackless system if it can be high speed.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    There's a difference between a box office hit and a smash hit. If it's a box office hit, it woulnd't matter if the movie was good or not, but it would have just made a lot of money. A smash hit would be a good movie that may or may not (but probably would) have been a box office hit as well. I personally think Disney will make a Tron ride as long as it's a box office hit, not necessarily a smash hit. I personally think it'll be both.

As for a ride, I'd like to see an IJA-type lightcycle dark ride throughout the grid, that would be an original ride with a new plot, not pertaining to either movie. Of course, I can bet this won't happen.

1) They haven't even greenlighted this yet. They haven't even made concept art yet.
    You can do a lot with colorful long box office lines.

Enjoyed your discription of the difference between a box office hit and a smash hit. I completely agree with this thoughtful analysis, DisneyKid. Let's hope that TRON Legacy is both a box office and a smash hit.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    I agree with this. I have said this alot of times and I don't get why people want it on the PM track. I want a 99.% Game Grid of Tron theme. I'm ok if it came out of the show building for a sec. I would have it replace Innovention, in a new building using some of the back stage area. What ever Innovention stuff they still want can go in the 2 stories Starcade building and the Starcade games can go in Flynn's arcade near the new Tron attraction. The ride would be indoors using a duel coaster type ride system or even a duel trackless system if it can be high speed.
    I think most of us PM lovers just want to see it return - with any theme. Your point is valid, mondo, that it would make more sense an indoor ride that featuresa game grid and a theme that is more TRON immersive. Still, it would be totally cool to have such a ride combined with the PM.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-10-2010 at 06:15 PM.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    1. It hasn't been given the green light to move toward actual execution of the attraction, but I can assure you there are models, concept art, countless renderings and ride vehicle mockups already produced.

2. I'll simply say - it's clear you're not a creative person.

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Using the PM track would be really cool especially if Tomorrowland got updated a tron theme. Sure it would be a lot of tron but almost anything is better than the dreary tomorrowland we have now. Using the PM track would be fun to rush around outside with hopefully a loud and exciting on ride audio track. Using the PM track would certainly bring some much needed life back to TM. I bet the imagineers have some lavish plans modeled and all we need is for the movie to do good for that green light.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Other. I was thinking using the top floor of the Carousel Theater for something Tron on a return of the PeopleMover. Make the track go zig-zag through the top floor, the walls covered with screens of the Game Grid, and the AAs of the characters on Lightcycles racing around you. Using up-to-date special effects of course. I was going to choose the first one but it said completely themed to Tron. I am not that much of a Tron fan, but I would want them to do that instead of an entire ride.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I think most of us PM lovers just want to see it return - with any theme. Your point is valid, mondo, that it would make more sense an indoor ride that featuresa game grid and a theme that is more TRON immersive. Still, it would be totally cool to have such a ride combined with the PM.
    I want to see the PM return too, as a PM type ride like the original. Slow and relaxing ride, not fast and thrilling like Rocket Rods. A Tron ride on the tracks would be to much like RR. I want Tron and PM 2.0 to be two separate rides. I didn't like RR because it took out PM, my favorite ride as a kid.

• Minion of Chernabog

None, this Tron junk is terrible. I don't want to see anything Tron themed, at least until after the movie comes out. I can't put up with more advertisement. have you seen that hideous Tronorail? Or maybe the blatant ad, I mean show, that is the Troncore?

What's next, this?
    Spoiler

• Banned User

No TRON please.

In fact, no movies in Tomorrowland.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    1. It hasn't been given the green light to move toward actual execution of the attraction, but I can assure you there are models, concept art, countless renderings and ride vehicle mockups already produced.

2. I'll simply say - it's clear you're not a creative person.
    Yay! The Imagineers are sure to come up with a winning TRON attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
    Using the PM track would be really cool especially if Tomorrowland got updated a tron theme. Sure it would be a lot of tron but almost anything is better than the dreary tomorrowland we have now. Using the PM track would be fun to rush around outside with hopefully a loud and exciting on ride audio track. Using the PM track would certainly bring some much needed life back to TM. I bet the imagineers have some lavish plans modeled and all we need is for the movie to do good for that green light.
    Something tells me that you are right.

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast